Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 20-03-2024, 04:37 AM
Master
Hypnosis

An advanced medium I know explained the process he employs to conduct sessions on his ‘clients’ ~ he does not charge money but still calls them clients, possibly to keep the relationship strictly professional.

He says that he is connected with a ‘higher being’ as determined by universal consciousness, who actually facilitates the process, which seems like hypnosis but in truth requires cutting off conscious mind that the subconscious may connect with superconscious mind. Then the session continues with option available for the client to either remember or forget what transpires.

So, he says he is actually de-hypnotising the person who actually is already hypnotised by the environment. However, to keep it simple, let’s call it hypnosis.

My question to mediums here is: can all people be hypnotised enabling the session to take place or maybe some people just cannot be hypnotised for one or the other reason and if so, what could the reason be?
Old 20-03-2024, 04:49 AM
Master
My position from what I have seen, is that everybody can be hypnotized.

I suspect that most people don't realize they are being hypnotized.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-03-2024, 04:56 AM
Master
@ BigJohn ~ hypnosis addresses mind, slowing thoughts, suggesting images etc to the client so that he/she may slip into trance. However, if someone be empty of fears and desires and thus in a no-thought orientation, possibly the process employed becomes ineffective.
Old 20-03-2024, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
My question to mediums here is: can all people be hypnotised enabling the session to take place or maybe some people just cannot be hypnotised for one or the other reason and if so, what could the reason be?

In my opinion, when Modern Day Spiritualism began, hypnosis played an important role.

I suspect the problem with hypnosis is people can make it work but how it works, seems to still be a mystery.

To me, hypnosis and 'magic' seem to go 'hand in hand.' Also, I look at the various forms of healings as aspect of hypnosis.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-03-2024, 03:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ BigJohn ~ hypnosis addresses mind, slowing thoughts, suggesting images etc to the client so that he/she may slip into trance. However, if someone be empty of fears and desires and thus in a no-thought orientation, possibly the process employed becomes ineffective.

I would ask "how do you define a trance"?

For example, a runner in a race may win a race due to being self hypnotized during the event.

Old 21-03-2024, 02:09 AM
Master
@ BigJohn ~ just straight forwardly, a medium addresses his client, slowing down thought, asking him/her to create a mental image by visualising any or all of senses, so that conscious mind rests and then a hypnotic state sets in, like lucid dreaming, wherein the subconscious (memory) connects with universal consciousness (God mind) and that’s how the session progresses.

Here I’m not going into the fact that there is in truth only one Self, one mind or whatever but inquiring that for he/she whose default orientation is awareness resting in silence … possibility the facilitation of such a session as the medium would like to offer, it cannot be implemented.
Old 21-03-2024, 03:19 AM
Master
Just curious, have you ever performed hypnosis?

The area I really was interested in, was 'stage hypnosis' where the process is ramped up quickly.
Another area I like looking at is how news medias and governments use hypnosis and, in many cases, people are not aware that it is going on.

Old 21-03-2024, 03:35 AM
Master
No, I’ve not performed it but out of curiosity asked a medium to perform a session on me, which did not work because he said my mind was empty.
Old 21-03-2024, 04:43 AM
Master
I suspect you might have asked the wrong person.

As for me: what got me hooked on hypnosis was when one chap, almost instantly, had me fall backwards on my own. Before I hit the floor, several guys caught me and placed my head and shoulders on one table and my lower legs on another table. I was facing upwards.

My body should have buckled, but it didn't. I felt no pain. If I had told the chap of my medical history, he would not have done it. Back in 1993 I fell off a 3 story roof and laid my right foot 60 degrees to the right and a couple of fractures in my back. I should have felt pain when this chap instantly hypnotized me, but I didn't.

Years after this happened, I had my back operated. It was in such bad condition that some of it was fused and an inplant was put in it.

Old 21-03-2024, 07:30 AM
Master
Unseeking Seeker, what you said about a medium de-hypnotizing sounds deeper to me than hypnosis as we know it. I embrace that everyone is hypnotized to some extent by their culture, society, organizations they may belong to, like the military, etc. In some respect I feel we are all living in some sort of mental construct. So in this respect I believe that just about everyone is unconsciously hypnotized or indoctrinated.

Now conscious hypnosis is another matter, To consciously hypnotize a person that person has to be relaxed and some people just can not relax; they are holding on to their mind very tightly. It is like learning how to meditate, and there are lots of people who can not still themselves long enough to experience meditation. I have known people who just quit, their minds are just too strong.

Now there are practitioners of hypnosis who are very good and they know their craft. They can hypnotize a person with a stare and a snap of their finger. So in my opinion it is not only the person who is being hypnotized, it is also the skill of the hypnotist. Transpersonal psychology uses hypnosis and trance induction to do past life regression therapy; they first give the patient/client some kind of relaxation exercise.