Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 14-09-2023, 12:43 PM
Pathfinder
What is your experience of Mediumship?

Hi all, sorry for the length. I have sort of come full circle. Having been brought up in a largely atheist environment but had numerous unexplainable things happen as a child, I started attending spiritualist churches as a young teen until my 21st year. I then had life events happen which dimmed my belief and I went away from it all. In 2016 I started attending a very liberal, non conformist URC church in my home town and was baptised in 2018. Over the last year, totally out of the blue, I've found myself having weird dreams, lots of coincidences happening in my daily life and also a few very clear paranormal encounters.

I felt a knowingness within me that something was calling me back, and I kept having dreams with the message of "the time is right" being given, which I intuitively understood as being about spiritualism. I told the spirit world that if it is meant to be, then to bring along an opportunity for me without me having to go and look for it, and if that happens I would oblige and see where it goes. No more than a few days later, I loaded Facebook up on my phone as I do every day, and the first thing that popped up on my feed was a very well known local medium whose post was inviting people to apply for her home circle. It was so obviously the opportunity that I could not deny it, so I messaged her. We meet on Tuesday evenings and this week was my second sitting. In that time I have experienced energy in the sensation of my hands heating up, feeling an almost magnetic force between my hands and the hands of others, caught a glimpse of an aura (a neon purple colour), and at the corner of my eye in my peripheral vision kept seeing a male figure stood in her kitchen behind us. Any time I would try and bring my focus onto him he would vanish.

I asked her about him and described how he looked and she knew who it was straight away and said she has him stay in her kitchen to work with groups in group activities. In just this two weeks, we've practiced giving a very small short reading from tarot cards for those of us who are new, and the more experienced group practiced mediumship. We are focusing on the incarnate and they on the discarnate. She tells us by Christmas we will all be giving mediumship readings.

So my question/curiosity is, how does working with energy/spirit feel to others? For me, I quite physically feel the energy, it's very subtle, but the more I focus on it the more in tune I feel with it, and feel it more with ease. Sometimes I have to take a break as it gets so hot. In terms of reading cards through energy, it honestly feels like I'm just making up what comes to me, there is no sorcery involved or any amazing paranormal experiences, simply just little old me seeing how I feel and then translating that into words for the recipient. I spoke to a couple of the mediums in the circle and they informed me that spirit communication is much the same, and rarely do they ever see or physically hear anything.

So I would be interested to hear how everyone else experiences energy, incarnate working and working with the discarnate? Are you like me who has to rely on faith and avoid doubting my evidence as being made up by myself, or is it undoubtably a communication with an external source, as clear as if you were talking to the person next to you?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and responding in advance.
John 3:16
Old 14-09-2023, 11:58 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
Are you like me who has to rely on faith and avoid doubting my evidence
I can answer to this. I was rised as a Christian and as a rational mind. I've been having paranormal perceptions since I was born. When I was a child, I used to think that everybody had the same perceptions.

When I was growing up, I didn't pay too much attention to my skills. I was skeptic. These kind of things are not possible. Just my mind playing silly tricks. Be an adult. Grow up.

I only started to absolutely believe in this when it got serious.

When was this? When I started to foresee death. If your number's up, the perception strikes me in nanoseconds. And then something more. I've never failed so far.

So, I could write down the name of somebody. Put the paper in an envelope. Give it you. And when it happens, you open it.

For this reason, I don't have to rely on faith. And I wouldn't be willing to by no terms.

As a bad medium, I can't do the things that commercial mediums are supposed to do. I can date your last breath, though (this is horrible).

I'd like to add that I have developed some paranormal phobias. One of them is to cards.

I perceive that there is something inherently bad in the tarot but the percepction is ultra complex. I can't explain it.

Also, I don't think that mediums should be proselytizers. Next you start a cult with followers or what?
Old 15-09-2023, 07:36 PM
Administrator
For myself this is an easy one to answer I was born with my gifts I don't know how it feels not to be connected to spirit
Seeing and hearing spirit comes as second nature to me.

Namaste
Old 26-11-2023, 05:41 AM
Experiencer

I have always been gifted what I wasn't born with I had to develop to keep myself safe. Because of this I had no idea I was gifted in fact I thought it was my own brain, my own emotions, my own physical pain etc. Up until 3 weeks ago and spirit finally fed up with my hard headedness yells in my head when I was on the brink of sleep. "Open your eyes, is this clear enough for you?" Me absolutely dense open my eyes see nothing, but say yeah can you always talk that loud"

It took me until the next day to realize what spirit meant. I spent a week making a,ends with those that had crossed over and this is what I learned:

When people want to talk to me across the veil it first comes as pain or pressure or a bonk. From this I know how they died. Words that come from nowhere and get set to repeat seem mundane and annoying, but are usually the most important. The words feel like I pulled them out of a hat blindfolded, but still feel like mine.They aren't its the message. SometimesmI I get sensations like wrapping my arms around something or doing something I don't usually do. My husbands uncle came through hung out for 2 months all I smelled was cigarette smoke. I quit a year ago, so this was really triggering me. He a man I never met yelled at me and snapped me out of my density.

My visions though and my dreams have not been wrong yet, those I am used to they are very in my face and difficult to write off and deny.

I did a reading for a friend last night. I got her whole family in a scrabble game of messages and 3 visions of locations.
I have seen videos of other mediums say it feels like I'm making it all up, but I say it anyways because that's just how it feels.

Hope this helps
Namaste'
Old 18-02-2024, 11:30 PM
Master
Very fascinating uninteresting I was going to give it up I was for God but the message I got today was I'm gonna go really far on it and almost just as well I'll have a mediumship partner and I love and a partner and I've been told that twice this year
And I got into Joseph Jordan lastly and I pendulum board of school initial pretend JK dyslexia am I playing dyslexia I get things bottled up I get things model of I even got speech to snakes here I've got a speech this lecture Speight I've got speech dyslexia like written dyslexia it's so easy to get
Some more Western I'm scared but I wrote north and fighting in case I break winds because when I'm nervous I break wind

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔