Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 20-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to heal
As a Hindu and brought up in so many different cultures simultaneously, I need to ask, how bad is it to marry out of your culture?

I feel I have been limiting myself so much.
All my past relationships, none of them have been with anyone Indian or Hindu, BUT this is why I make sure they never last. I feel so guilty. Not to the religion itself, but because of my dad who is a strong believer of marrying onto the culture/religion.

I would really love to hear from others....

Thank you

I wish you luck. I really do.
I too am learning to heal.
You have a dilemma similar to another man I know.
He was also from India. We were soul mates, we shared past lives, we even shared the same religion (not Hindu) but he was a priest and much more traditional. I am older and divorced. He would have had to leave his culture & his status. And he really is a noble spirit. How could I ask him to give up the priesthood when he actually was nourished by that?

When I realised all that and the depth of his conflict...it took a long time & there was a lot of suffering, but eventually I had to walk away. If he couldn't make the choice freely himself then I realised I could never ask him to do it just for me.

His dad: Are you going to compromise 3000 yrs of spiritual and genetic purity?
I am counting on YOU to maintain the family's spiritual lineage (your brothers don't have your gifts).
My answer: (leaves).
How can you answer something like that? I was viewed as spiritually and genetically inferior...and the traditions are then pulled in to "back the claim".

For all I respect the traditions and the beauty & truths they contain,
I have to agree with Psychoslice (Robert) here. We are speaking from our own truths and experiences and sufferings.
We are one in the Divine sight. I am NOT genetically & spiritually inferior, simply because I am divorced. Who the *&!?%#$ would even go there? I am, like Robert, and like you, perfect in my own way. And no one needs to be judged for the texture of their soul and the truth of their lives. I was not raised in a traditional household, and I am divorced with a child. That doesn't make me spiritually inferior, genetically inferior, or inferior in ANY WAY. It just makes me who I am. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Baruch Dayan haEmet my friend. Only God is the true judge. Not man. And not men. And not the beit din...

What have I learned? That my tradition is truly messed up in that regard. And in dire, serious need of some reinterpretation on priests and on women in general that is more compassionate.
No offense intended to anyone...but these are the words of my heart...the traditional institution is soul-crushing in some regards. It will chew you up and spit you out if you don't fit the mold...and that's why I align with the more open and compassionate aspects of my tradition.

Also that you don't ever want to take the reigns of someone else's life.
There are some decisions only you can make.
I hope that you find your truth and your voice and your path, whatever that may be.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Master
when it comes to love i dont see race, color etc.. you fall for who you fall for