Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 09-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Physical Time Travel

I'm a big fan of time travel. I enjoy discussing about it and thinking about all the what-ifs it implies.

What's your take on physical time travel? Do you think it's currently being done by shadow organisations?

Will someone invent a time machine for physical time travel some day? What do you think?
Old 09-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Master
The most interesting aspect to me is what happens to the memories of the traveler. Does his (now changed past) ever catch up with him, or does he forever evade the altered timeline retaining memories of the way it was? This is based on the idea that 'changes' propagate 'forward' at a finite rate (presumably the rate time moves forward). Thus though your changes are chasing you from the past, you are moving forward ahead of them at the same rate. This does resolve the supposed grandfather paradox but doesn't clarify if your memories of the past get 'edited' to match the updated situation.

The multiverse view of course disarms this complication as once one arrives in another time, the universe 'splits' into one where you arrive and one where you don't. Thus you retain your memories of the past as the universe you came from is unaffected. In essences you are changing the copy. The local copy of you (if there is one) gets the memories including the changes you cause.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:28 AM
If your memories are to change, does that mean that you might never remember that you actually traveled through time? Think about it!

It's so easy in Back to the Future, it's a perfectly convenient model, but it can be considered pretty flawed as well, depending how you look at it you know.

Timelines aren't making this any easier... What happens to yourself in the alternate timeline? Do you take his place? Or do you both exist in the same timeline now? Or does the other takes your place in the original timeline you left? Oh man...

So many possible problems!
Old 10-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Deactivated Account
It would be safer when you can just watch, but not change things. And when they do not see you.
Old 13-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Ascender

I don't believe its possible at least not practically
Old 14-12-2015, 04:22 AM
Gracey

What is time? For me time is consciousness and space is symbolism within consciousness.

I do think that man will eventually figure out how to physically learn how to travel the cosmos and time. Our unbeknownst current selves consider us as "aliens." Just a theory.
Old 19-01-2016, 01:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
The most interesting aspect to me is what happens to the memories of the traveler. Does his (now changed past) ever catch up with him, or does he forever evade the altered timeline retaining memories of the way it was? This is based on the idea that 'changes' propagate 'forward' at a finite rate (presumably the rate time moves forward). Thus though your changes are chasing you from the past, you are moving forward ahead of them at the same rate. This does resolve the supposed grandfather paradox but doesn't clarify if your memories of the past get 'edited' to match the updated situation.

The multiverse view of course disarms this complication as once one arrives in another time, the universe 'splits' into one where you arrive and one where you don't.
Thus you retain your memories of the past as the universe you came from is unaffected.

In essences you are changing the copy.

The local copy of you (if there is one) gets the memories including the changes you cause.

Yes...well said...that's it as I understand it as well.

What's interesting is when this happens en masse...and then it's fascinating as it always seems that most (the vast majority) but not all experience the update "as if" it had always been that way. Whilst a minority may recall a different past to what is "established". And this may happen more than once to any one person or subset of folks. Sometimes, the various alternative subsets may actually share one or more memory in common, whilst on the other hand, some small differences in details may apply only to one particular life.

At some point it is not clear whether everyone has individually brought forward a different past to a new timeline. It seems more fluid and overarching than that (or maybe it simply feels that way to me). Rather, it seems it is more about superimposing a blanket past (or soon to be past -- which is at some point a future -- on a majority, and yet for a minority, it doesn't quite take in the realm of memory. The important factors may have changed for all, and that is still the key (say, e.g., a nuclear war or global famine or some other big disaster is averted on the "new" timeline). And yet whilst the majority have no conflict in memory with the template, meanwhile the "alternative" timelines for the minority may recede somewhat against the new template but may never be permanently overwritten.

Does it mean literally that the minority have caused the changes (I never considered this level of coherence, LOL...but that would be exciting), or rather simply that they are not affected by the collective mind (or whatever has caused the merging of timelines) in the same way in the new template, simply because they have come from elsewhere? Or both?

What comments come to mind for you on all this?

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 19-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Does it mean literally that the minority have caused the changes (I never considered this level of coherence, LOL...but that would be exciting), or rather simply that they are not affected by the collective mind (or whatever has caused the merging of timelines) in the same way in the new template, simply because they have come from elsewhere? Or both?
What I have noticed is that doing 'magic' seems to cause one to avoid the updates. Many times after doing magic, I noticed that my timeline is no longer matching everyone else. Further if doing group magic, all of the group retains the original timeline. This would also explain why most people get the 'update' as most people aren't doing magic at the moment of the 'change'.
Old 19-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
What I have noticed is that doing 'magic' seems to cause one to avoid the updates. Many times after doing magic, I noticed that my timeline is no longer matching everyone else. Further if doing group magic, all of the group retains the original timeline. This would also explain why most people get the 'update' as most people aren't doing magic at the moment of the 'change'.

Really? Hm...yes, that would explain it. Alignment of focus and intent. Well, I mostly focus on healing and what I call energy work, but it is all one and the same as far as the practice of it. However, I do this work regularly, usually in a small private group, and so the story may be similar to yours in the outcome. Where you find the timeline is no longer matching.

Thanks for the background and confirmation.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 03-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Master
Hopefully With Gravitational Waves(Ripples In The Fabric Of Space-Time) We Will Soon Be Able To Travel Into The Past/Future

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]