Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 01-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Phantasmic Fox

Sleep paralysis, or OBE?

I've experienced sleep paralysis before - waking up in fear and not being able to move. Two nights ago I had a bizarre experience that was like an intense form of paralysis - though I was not paralyzed.

I fell asleep in my books -quite literally- on occult practices and magician training. I had been awake some 30+ hours so it's no wonder I lost consciousness in the middle of studying. I remember waking up and seeing a huge black and purple spider crawl through the air (I didn't see a web) in front of me. It made me jump out of bed and start screaming; but, strangely, I wasn't awake when this happened even though I experienced it. I was sleep walking. I remember hearing my monotone screams and I was angry because I was tired and just wanted to sleep. I ran halfway through the house before I realized what was going on - then I collapsed awake. The spider I saw wasn't corporeal, it couldn't have been. It looked too supernatural. Too big. And it was black and purple. The purple looked like fire.

I wonder if I thought this critter up while I was still half asleep? It was so bizarre because it was like my dreams stepped into this reality for a brief moment - and now I feel a dark presence laying in my bed... Looking like I should do a cleansing. I can't shake the image of the demon-spider.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Tsuga

Hi PF,

Just curious...were your dreams connected in any way to what your were studying at the time ?

I'm reminded of a long time back, as a teenager, and going through a spell of sleep deprivation. I recall falling asleep way too fast, which was causing me to have a series of unpleasant and scary jolts. Eventually it seemed that I had dozed off while staring hypnotized at a tiny hole in the plaster of the wall...when suddenly, from inside the hole appeared a face of something, or someone, of pure evil. It caused me such a shock that I would not be able to fall asleep for many more hours until the dawn.

It makes me wonder that I could have had OBE. Not understanding what was happening I tricked my mind into seeing something, or someone very scary, in order to waken myself up.

As I said...just curious !

t
Old 09-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Phantasmic Fox

It could be connected, I'm not sure how though.
Similar things have occurred since I originally posted. I've awoken three times to be huge ghostly spider in my bedroom, I always run out of my room screaming yet I'm sleeping and can't seem to wake up. I usually run to the couch and immediately fall asleep. I become very fearful of going back into my room when I do fully wake up - the spider is quite a ghastly sight.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:53 PM
comforting

Ive experienced the spiders thru sleep paralysis but id have thousands of them crawling all over me , i was terrifed at the time , it became so regular all the fear went , i dont think id fear real ones climbing over me these days , not that i intend to test it out lol ...
Old 09-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by comforting
Ive experienced the spiders thru sleep paralysis but id have thousands of them crawling all over me , i was terrifed at the time , it became so regular all the fear went , i dont think id fear real ones climbing over me these days , not that i intend to test it out lol ...
Interesting - that sounds like a petrifying experience. I would have the shakes for days if I woke up to these critters all over my body. At least you healed your fear through this experience. Do you remember what they looked like? What color were the spiders, and how big were they? Did they make noise, or crawl through your orifices? I have had nightmares of super-spiders crawling under my skin, and ripping their way out by piercing my flesh with their sharp legs that appeared to be metallic. Did you feel pain as they crawled Ll over you?
Old 19-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by comforting

Me too.. I was crawling all over what felt like ants and also some spiders which used to bite me which made me yelp at times. The issue was that I'd experience these 24/7 (rlght thou my waking hours too) as I'd become overly sensitive to the astral and things my body was carrying (probably due to kundalini activation). It was a hellish time for me for probably 1-2 years till one day the energy that this were all attached to within me cleared.
Old 19-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Master

To the original poster.. its hard to know if that as OBE stuff or lucid dream stuff. The colour purple is a colour often related to the occult, so I find it quite interesting your spider was black and purple, makes me wonder if it was caused by you falling asleep on those books and symbolism in some way.

No matter which it is, one of what I call the crittery astral entities (I had a big dinner place sized spider entity with lots of legs in my house) or just a lucid dream or HI one, I do think you should try to face this and get rid of it otherwise it appears you will keep on having unpleasant experiences in regards to it.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
It made me jump out of bed and start screaming; but, strangely, I wasn't awake when this happened even though I experienced it. I was sleep walking. I remember hearing my monotone screams and I was angry because I was tired and just wanted to sleep. I ran halfway through the house before I realized what was going on - then I collapsed awake. The spider I saw wasn't corporeal, it couldn't have been. It looked too supernatural. Too big. And it was black and purple. The purple looked like fire.

I wonder if I thought this critter up while I was still half asleep? It was so bizarre because it was like my dreams stepped into this reality for a brief moment - and now I feel a dark presence laying in my bed... Looking like I should do a cleansing. I can't shake the image of the demon-spider.
Something like this happened me the first time I tried intentionally inducing an OBE. I went into sleep paralysis right after falling asleep and waited for a while, then I sat up and opened my eyes. There was someone standing in the corner the room. There were arms feeling me up the whole way through the SP so I decided to get up to get away from them then this person walks up to me rapidly, it was a woman she looked like she knew me or something, she went to grab my legs or something, she didn't look threatening or anything but I got paranoid and kicked her in the head, then I woke up in the exact position I was in in the dream, on me knees staring directly at this glowing, half naked girl and I could still see her standing there staring at me with a puzzled look on her face for a good 5 seconds before she faded. Thats pretty crazy that you ran through the house, thats the opposite of sleep paralysis, the paralysis mechanism wasn't working. This was the first time my physical body had moved while I was asleep like that, no idea what the cause of that is. Strange stuff. Interesting though. I'm getting sleep paralysis right now, I backed out of it twice since my limbs were rapidly going numb but I'm tempted to just stick it out and see what happens. After reading this I'll probably be too paranoid though haha.