Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 10-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Master
Hi Lucky, hope you are feeling better...

All of us on here know of someone with Tinnitus, this is what ive prepared for the NHS Tinnitus center here, and I'm going to use it soon for my 'positive energy to self heal' talks here in town... Just ask whoever you pass it on to, to put it into big letters on a single A4 piece of paper so he/she doesn't have to stare at a screen when reading it. Its useful reading it each day or two, it reminds us of some key points, maybe you can pass it on...

Help with Tinnitus - using the 'Power of Your Mind'...

Try to get rid of worry and stress now, thoughts increase tinnitus, so live happy and think good thoughts, and research and print off information on The Power of Your Mind.

Be aware of too much screen time, also brightness on screens, when brightness is lowered eyes will adjust - also any mobile or tablet that has a battery enclosed, I wouldn't use to ear, or handle when 'on charge' - also putting a phone while on charge under your pillow, just don't do it...

All this helps my tinnitus after many years, which is now reduced.

Allow an hour for this, maybe in the afternoon or evening - find 3/4 small jobs to do write them down ready so you can clear your mind of them, 'then' go and rest for 10/15 mins, rest your mind, nice deep breaths, think of nice things, eg eating your favorite food over and over - completely clear your mind of 'mental chatter' as it's called, you know like problems to solve, jobs to do, just rest, completely clear your thoughts to 'calm the mind' and reboot it.

Then after rest time, say to yourself 'ok get on with it' open your mind, raise your eyebrows slightly, move around sharply and get on with your jobs, and 'focus hard' on just what you're doing, and nothing else to remove 'mental chatter' - that's troublesome thoughts from getting into your head, just while you're doing your jobs... And when doing dishes and gardening, all good for calming the mind if you allow it to, again just think of just what you're doing.

Once you start to do this procedure 'daily' you should notice tin reduction about an hour after doing jobs - once you've practiced this on a regular basis, opening your mind to access 'the power of your mind' you should see a difference, and remember to breathe and relax when doing jobs.

When sleeping, take your mind away from the tinnitus, with thoughts of eating a nice 'zero calorie' chocolate walnut or lemon cake, neatly sliced into 8 pieces, or use your mind, and imagine riding a bike or flying around your local park - mind power it works.

Regards Steve - former tinnitus NHS patient.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:17 PM
Master
Well, seeing as we're on a spiritual forum. I suggest you search spiritual tinnitus and see what it comes up with.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:30 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Well, seeing as we're on a spiritual forum. I suggest you search spiritual tinnitus and see what it comes up with.

It's likely there isn't any such condition as "spiritual tinnitus".

Tinnitus can be caused by a number of distinct physical triggers - excessive sound levels for example - certain drugs. My own is caused by an acoustic neuroma but tinnitus may simply be idiopathic.

Advice and support for sufferers - and suffering can be intense - can be found at the British Tinnitus Association and probably from other organisations. There isn't presently a cure or even a medical treatment but research continues and who knows what that may bring?

Stress, tiredness or sickness may aggravate the condition in some individuals and hyperacusis may accompany tinnitus - a double whammy. For such sufferers avoiding the many triggers is vitally important.

This subject would be better placed in a health forum as it's not related to this forum's title 'Angels and Guides'.

Last edited by leadville : 11-09-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
It's likely there isn't any such condition as "spiritual tinnitus".

Tinnitus can be caused by a number of distinct physical triggers - excessive sound levels for example - certain drugs. My own is caused by an acoustic neuroma. Or it may simply be idiopathic.

Advice and support for sufferers - and suffering can be intense - can be found at the British Tinnitus Association and probably from other organisations. There isn't presently a cure or even a medical treatment but research continues and who knows what that may bring?

Stress, tiredness or sickness may aggravate the condition in some individuals and hyperacusis may accompany tinnitus - a double whammy. For such sufferers avoiding the many triggers is vitally important.

This subject would be better placed in a health forum as it's not related to this forum's title 'Angels and Guides'.

Although the OP seems to agree with you. This thread ended up in this part of the forum. I'm not sure why that is.

Just putting it out there anyhoo.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Master
Yes it'll be a one off putting it on here, like you say wrong place, but if it helps one person then i don't regret putting it on. I have already added it on to a hyperacusis forum which I'm 99% free of hyperacusis now. Thanks for your reply, we talk spiritual now..
Old 11-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Master
Just before this thread drops off here as some people will say there's more suitable forums for Tinnitus advice available, but just before it slips down the list, I just want to say to save keep getting asked - my Hyperacusis recovery - I never damaged my ears as in a loud explosion or heavy rock band venue, and i'm just using those as an example - I did a lot of nightclubs 20 years ago and that might have started the 'over sensitive hearing' then it just crept up on me over a decade until it got so ridiculous I was wearing ear plugs and ear muffs etc.

With me personally I worked out it wasn't my ears, it was my brain saying I don't like this sound and I don't like this sound either, so I retrained it, now I say when I hear a disturbing sound, get a listen at that 'brain' took a year or two to retrain it - and before this thread goes off here and anyone knocks me for putting it on just for the short time its been on - you never know when this knowledge can come in useful for a family member... And I am 'personally' going to check out spiritual tinnitus.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:11 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-light
Just before this thread drops off here as some people will say there's more suitable forums for Tinnitus advice available, but just before it slips down the list, I just want to say to save keep getting asked - my Hyperacusis recovery - I never damaged my ears as in a loud explosion or heavy rock band venue, and i'm just using those as an example - I did a lot of nightclubs 20 years ago and that might have started the 'over sensitive hearing' then it just crept up on me over a decade until it got so rediculas I was wearing ear plugs and ear muffs etc.

With me personally I worked out it wasn't my ears it was my brain saying I don't like this sound and I don't like this sound either, so I retrained it, now I say when I hear a disturbing sound, get a listen at that 'brain' took a year or two to retrain it - and before this thread goes off here and anyone knocks me for putting it on just for the short time its been on - you never know when this knowledge can come in useful for a family member... And I am 'personally' going to check out spiritual tinnitus.

I am not wanting to 'knock' you or knock anyone else discussing the medical issues surrounding tinnitus or hyperacusis.

Good luck with your research into any (potential) spiritual aspects of tinnitus. I don't suppose anyone can prove it doesn't have any such linkage just as no-one will be able to prove it does. And it's a possibility that sometimes, for some individuals, the beginning of clairaudience might start with sounds similar to tinnitus sounds.

I'm glad you found a way of dealing with the hyperacusis you'd been suffering from - it's always good to hear of successful outcomes. I expect you'll have posted about that in detail in a more-suitable forum where your experience is more likely to help fellow sufferers.

You'll never know for sure what started your over-sensitivity but provided you're now avoiding things known to be triggers then you'll not be putting yourself at further risk.

good luck and good fortune in the years ahead
Old 11-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Guide
I don't suffer from it, but I've heard many many people suffer from it. The one thing I do suffer from is frequent headaches and I'm sensitive to a lot of certain smells. A lot more than I used to be. Every smell seems to get to me. Do anyone else suffer from this too?
Old 11-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_DreamFaerie
I don't suffer from it, but I've heard many many people suffer from it. The one thing I do suffer from is frequent headaches and I'm sensitive to a lot of certain smells. A lot more than I used to be. Every smell seems to get to me. Do anyone else suffer from this too?

The obvious thing that comes to my mind with headaches is Chakra balancing and grounding, but I expect you know this already. With the smells being strong, would that be one of the claire's developing?
Old 14-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Master
I've been having a couple of days off by the coast to reboot my system mind'body'spirit and mainly to clear my thoughts, and this thread keeps coming to my mind.

When White Sky came to me early hours while awake but eyes closed one morning, I noticed a different tinnitus at the same time when I seen him.... Aknaton the same I see from the White Sky thread.

Because it involves White Sky to some degree tinnitus that is, the last hour while having think on this and how to write it, I've been asking what do you think I should say here, and maybe he's helped who knows, or he might have just thought, just get on with it, tell it how it is.

So if only 2 people on the planet have experienced this connection, and witnessed the tinnitus, then it might not be given an official name, but it still happened. And I'm still since meeting White Sky getting increased tinnitus about an hour before getting up time as though he's about close.

So looking back I should have titled this spiritual tinnitus from the start, then no one would have said boo as being incorrect for this forum with adding White Sky info - because there is a connection with at least 2 people with tinnitus and spiritual - and if the people in the office want to change the title that's ok with me.

By the way I agree 100% about tiredness agrivating tinnitus, i missed adding that...

Last edited by one-light : 14-09-2019 at 09:40 PM.