Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Quagmire

Everything in the cosmos is made out of imagination and the more free of limitations we get, the deeper we will be capable of understanding this. So this "physical" world is equally as real as the astral.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Administrator
Hello

We are only starting to map the human brain. Back in the 80's (yes before lol some of ye were born) I spent a week in a sleep lab study. It was to be a one night event for those having sleep issues. I sleep only 3 -4 hours a night and at times that is not solid sleep. I should not even be able to funtion at that level but I do.

They were so taken with me that I entered the study for a week. What was found is that I simply enter REM sleep very quickly and I get strong quality sleep right off. The wave patterns also showed that I would wake to a conscious state but NOT seem to KNOW what was going on when asked questions as I was "out of it" . What I know know I was in Astral.

I would wake fully up from a "vision" and then go right back into sleep state. I leaned from there to control and understand what was happening. For me it was a normal state of being but honestly I well thought I was LOONY. Ok some might well say I still am. LOL.

For now I live in that "so called" World and ye know its honstly not a bad place....I meet many interstiing and skeptical people as they so keep me humble and honest on the Earth Plane of existance.

Life is just a fantasy ....and GIVE me a good skeptic any day I so learn much from them.....

Lynn
Old 02-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
Summerlander, I think that you misnamed this thread. It should not be called "The truth about so-called astral projection" but "My opinion about the astral not having any reality outside my own mind".
Quoted for truth...
Old 02-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Humm

Quote:
Everything in the cosmos is made out of imagination and the more free of limitations we get, the deeper we will be capable of understanding this. So this "physical" world is equally as real as the astral.
Well said.

How we view the physical world is a perspective born of physiology, sociology, psychology, situation, needs and wants. Does a dog view the universe the same way? A cockroach? A plant? A bacterium?

I think, in the same way, the Astral (and spirituality as a whole) is a perspective born of a very different state of mind - but just as real - even if there are variations from person to person, such as there are variations in perspective of the physical universe from species to species, and individual to individual.

In truth (IMO) they are VERY different perspectives of the same thing.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 AM
ZOV

Quote:
Hi! I've returned here after so long because I feel that the community here is really behind when it comes to making progress in astral projection affairs.

Ty again for your effort .I didn't even realize before you came how far behind I was. As 12padams would say now, "I will be your slave, you can have my body now".
Old 03-05-2012, 08:12 AM
12padams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOV
Ty again for your effort .I didn't even realize before you came how far behind I was. As 12padams would say now, "I will be your slave, you can have my body now".

Lol nice one :)
It's funny how I used to act pre april 26th and love your humor whichs depicts my immature old ways :)

Last edited by 12padams : 03-05-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Summerlander

Thank you for all your comments and thank you so much for your rich input, Lynn. Scientists continue to probe ESP and the suspicion that a six sense does exist still lingers. Like you said, we are alike as I can see that we agree on many things.

LPC, perhaps the title was not the best approach... maybe even a little condescending in the eyes of this community. Please note that I am not denying the phenomena we are debating here. I'm a practitioner myself and Xanth knows this since our Astral Viewers days. I just have a slightly different interpretation when in comes to "Astral Projection".

Rather than seeing it as us travelling to another realm of existence such as the astral plane - which is usually thought to be populated by sentient discarnate beings - I am more inclined to interpret it as our brains representing thoughts with the same "mental clay" that it uses to interpret the physical world in wakefulness. However, I am also open to the possibility that not everything is our creation in the phase state.

On that note, I think Lynn would be interested to know that I have also had some shocking encounters with the deceased in the phase. Some of the info I got from dead people in the phase seemed to check out and it is quite convincing but the sceptic in me also forces me to question whether I already had such information subconsciously or if a coincidence took place. Still, the phase or astral projection - whatever you want to call it - could be providing us with a glimpse of an afterlife.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
Thank you for all your comments and thank you so much for your rich input, Lynn. Scientists continue to probe ESP and the suspicion that a six sense does exist still lingers. Like you said, we are alike as I can see that we agree on many things.

YES, I was recently a part of yet another study group on ESP. I took an on line test and I scored off the charts on it. The owner contacted me asking "HOW I hacked his site" which I of course had not done. I simply took his test and was accurate at 72 %. He asked if he could go deeper with me on this as he was writting a paper for University on ESP related to psychology. So the topic is not gone by any means. This is out of one of the TOP rated Universities in the USA as well. There is much to learn and if a study is valid I am there. Lab Rat Lynn !!!

Rather than seeing it as us travelling to another realm of existence such as the astral plane - which is usually thought to be populated by sentient discarnate beings - I am more inclined to interpret it as our brains representing thoughts with the same "mental clay" that it uses to interpret the physical world in wakefulness. However, I am also open to the possibility that not everything is our creation in the phase state.

YES out of understanding we talk on "Planes" but how I see it is yes there are levels or planes but its all ONE Universe that houses it all. If I was to say to a LOVed one ye's Mom or Dad is floating around me right now is here with us .....they would go OMG they are trapped not in say "Heaven" so I say they are visting from the Spirit Plane or World or Heaven ext ext. Comes down to those needed comfort zones of understandings.

For one that has always FREELY travelled in and out I have to say I am still here so if there were such beings or dark forces out there WOULD we be here ? YES like with Ghosts and Spirts there are the darker energies yes there are darker beings.....but they hold not the power to take us out. YES they do I admit hold the power to move things at times or even leave a physical mark on a Medium working with them. I have had such happen to me....but I am still here.

DO we leave or do we simply travel in the same universeal plane of existance I feel its all one bit ball of energy we are in....no start no end but with veils that keep them separate but one's say that veil is thinning....as we move to be ready to accept and embrace more.

On that note, I think Lynn would be interested to know that I have also had some shocking encounters with the deceased in the phase. Some of the info I got from dead people in the phase seemed to check out and it is quite convincing but the sceptic in me also forces me to question whether I already had such information subconsciously or if a coincidence took place. Still, the phase or astral projection - whatever you want to call it - could be providing us with a glimpse of an afterlife.

Let's see if I can explain how it works for me....and now for the one Son I have that works at times with me on investigations. Its is on TWO levels....one is the information is there its conrcret and physical, passed onto to me to look into with a case file ext ext. In that I control where I go with it til a contact ( if one is made ) then I let the deceased person guide me along what THEY need me to know. There are levels where the information is received. One is direct contact where at times I see them in full physical form and we simply talk....the other is I let them use the hands I have to write or type what Is needed ( at times I am not aware of what is flowing out on the page til done ) , visions or walking dreams ( what ever term fits ) where I SEE the information needed. The last is where full Astral comes into play wehre I am TAKEN by them to where they are or where I will find information. At times these are one's that do not know they are gone physically what I call Earth Bound....there I at times re live with them in FULL their passing....I feel what they feel and I cross them over. I have no damage done to be but I am there.

Until I was able to have others VIEW me when this state comes on I did not understand truly how it worked or what I looked like or how it all happened. Just did.
I go blank.....at times I am there I hear all that is going on and I still keep a conversation going but I am blank in expression. I have had one's run a hand infront of me and I hit it away going how rude I am here.....but NOW I see what I look like.

There are times when expecially in Church where the energies are set I am pulled out....someone needs me and OFF I go. Last time that happened I had been looking at a friends photos from a trip an in them was an image. I was going to come back to the photo when I got home. WELL it seems I was needed. I was standing infront of an audiance of 50 ish people and I was reading a meditation.....I got stuck in one spot and I simply went and sat down. I said NOTHING. Someone that KNOWS me simply picked it up where I was and we continued on. I was taken to London as this man's wife was there for him to take over but she feared going. THEY were in the photo....

I crossed her over and they went on. Seems in reasearching the information given to me they were married at the Tower Of London and it was in the photo background. I was needed and I simply WENT. I came back going OMG I was at the front hmmm but all was ok. I got up at the end to close service and I explained what happened so one's knew I was OK. There were some there that were NEW there that did wonder WHY no one went to me to see if I was ok. One's KNOW not to touch me when I am phased if I need help I will ask. First time I have done that in public.

How is the information relayed I have honestly stopped asking WHY or HOW I just embrace we are given what we need and that some of us are "Called" in life to work with Spirits.

How fitting " I Heard it Through the Grapevine" is the song that came on.....

Welcome any questions.....or comments. This simply some of how it be for me.....

Lynn
Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Summerlander

When did you have your first retrieval experience (where the phaser seems to guide lost individuals), Lynn? Was it early on in your practice? How did it make you feel? Were you confused, excited or perhaps both...

I had a few experiences where I was saving or guiding characters that seemed lost or confused. One even seemed scared and baffled to see me fly. Then again, at the time I strongly adhered to the New Age view.

How do you view such retrievals/contact today. Could the love for the fantastical and mysterious inspire such adventures or do you feel that there's got to be some reality to them?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
When did you have your first retrieval experience (where the phaser seems to guide lost individuals) More I would anwer here with where I first understood it. When one comes in like I seem to have with what most call "Light Switch On" where its all there and not needed to be learned. NOT the best way to come in as one does struggle at times to even want to stay alive. That said, I embrace fully whom I was to become whom I am.

The first time consciously where I understood what I was doing and why I was doing it and a bit on how it worked was with the first house me mate and I bought. We bought an investment property and put in a suite for us in the basement....so it came with a tennant in place up stairs. Two year's they stayed and the house was fine. The night the moved out litterlly all "H" broke out upstairs. I lived alone in the basement suite ( the mate was working out of town) and I would hear muffled fighting and then "THUD" to go up and have it all stop. I thought maybe the next door's and it was an echo and dismissed it.

I showed the suite so many times and NO ONE rented it though the house was perfect condition...til this one took it. Not the best of "Tennants" one would choose....but I went on that feeling of trusting them. They moved in and the activity started. I woke to it thinking OMG I will be loosing a tennant and I need help with what is there. Still not understanding that I could work with this. Turns out the tennant I choose was a Medium and very experienced. She came to me and said "WE" have a problem and they need to go....YOU Lynn need to help me. I was like HMMM . That was when I was first guided on how it works and that I had since early childhood already done this. We moved them on and from there I went on to learn and study more along those lines.

Was it early on in your practice? How did it make you feel? Were you confused, excited or perhaps both...

I have never thought of things on the level of a practice that is intesting....I guess in a way it is as one has that free will to choose what one does. How did it make me feel, well before understanding what was what scared at times courious at times, like I was mentally ill at other times and at 16 wanting out of life itself.

In the first conscious crossing where I went with her to help I felt total peace. She had been killed by her abusive husband and so did not want to cross over from fear of having to share with him the afterlife. He has passed the month the activity in the house started. She year's before. It was confusing but too that alway present WHY in me was there to want to know more and more.

I had a few experiences where I was saving or guiding characters that seemed lost or confused. One even seemed scared and baffled to see me fly. Then again, at the time I strongly adhered to the New Age view.

I am not one for the labels one's put on things we I feel have always done this and its just that it was never understood and most times freared to the point of prosectution and death that we hid it away. YES, Ghosts and Spirits at times are scared that I can see them and them me. Many times they are looking for answers and have been looking for someone to interact with....I do not feel that the emotions we have leave us in our deaths. I have seen non human beings too and while they scare me as much at times me them that Light is always there that brings in calm.

How do you view such retrievals/contact today. Could the love for the fantastical and mysterious inspire such adventures or do you feel that there's got to be some reality to them?

It is as real as the reality we choose to accept. I feel that what is possible on the physical Earth surface is so possible on the other planes we travel. I totally feel I am rooted firmly in the realms of reality....but I too view life as a fantasy. I can not even prove without that shadow of a doubt we exist. That what we are and experience is not some grand illution. The trips are real, as the informaiton gained is real.

Best example of this is when one can go to a place so isolated and find the remains of someone's LOVed one and passes on enough information to bring them home.....that to me best says its "Real" .

Now that is to me how I view it I have no way of proving or disproving things nor does yet science BUT I so feel we are all with the same ablilities.

Lynn