Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-03-2012, 10:23 AM
johnnyfortner

astral experience 20 mins ago

Lets start from the top, I have always been able to naturally astral project without any training, I never knew what it was...I used to take naps during the day as a kid and this caused me to project. After I stopped sleeping during the day so did the projecting. Years later I found out what it was that I was doing and wanted to reenact it, but never could get close. A few months ago I was lying with my girlfriend and her hand on my chest kept me conscious enough to project as soon as I drifted off, I remember thinking to myself, "this is cool eh" and floated about the room but didn't want to do much so I went back to sleep. Now lets get to tonight, I was cooking a burrito and out of the corner of my eye saw something white. It seemed to be a piece of paper taped to the wall that the wind blew over(no wind inside and yes I'm actually awake here) I inspected the other side of the wall noting to myself that there is nothing there and a spirit of some sort is in the house, good or bad I do not know. This may be why I had an experience a few mins ago or it may not be. Now lets get to just a few mins ago, its 4am and I decide its time to sleep so I lay down telling myself I'm most likely going to fall asleep instantly. Right as I shut my eyes I enter a lucid dream for the first time ever, I'm super excited and it continues for about 35-45 mins. I know the connection between lucid dreams and astral projection so I tell myself, try standing up and projecting. At this moment the dream ends I hear the noises of astral project very loudly and I don't feel like I'm projecting, I feel as though my body is sitting up and leaning back on my elbows(still hearing the sounds) almost like they do in the movie, the fourth kind. I Instantly realize this is what people do in the fourth kind movie(lol) and try to stop it, but it doesn't want to stop, so I force myself make noise(how I used to stop it when I was a kid) and I'm yelling at the top of my lungs in this position, now I roll onto my side to find myself in the same exact position that I laid in to fall asleep(wondering if I actually yelled and woke my mom or not)
Old 27-03-2012, 10:52 AM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfortner
I'm johnny, In need need of advice in a LOT of areas. If you would like to see the main reason why I registered to this forum you can read a story I just posted in the astral projection section.
Cool story, I'm kind of the same way (many of my OOB/AP experiences just kind of happened from "getting out" during sleep paralysis) I'm no expert and actually just joined myself so I'm not really one to give advice....but, I can say that it helps if you have some specific questions listed :) Just posting a story and asking for advice is tough because there is SO much to learn about this stuff. I have currently picked up 2 books myself to read. I figure that will kind of help me get all the basic stuff out of the way then I can ask the experts on the more complicated stuff :)
Hope that helps, see you around!
Old 27-03-2012, 11:01 AM
johnnyfortner

What I meant by needing help is actually more in my everyday life with stress and paranoia, was wondering if I can be helped in those areas. Thanks for reading.
Old 27-03-2012, 11:14 AM
CNC

Oh, that I can offer advice on :) AP is nothing to be stressed or paranoid about. Just spend a little time here on the forums and you can see that it happens to a LOT of people. It's pretty common. Believe me, I wasted a LOT of time being stressed about this kind of stuff (back in the dark ages before the internet) best thing to do is educate yourself if it is something you don't understand. Took me a long time but I am going to read up and have a little fun :) Good luck!
Old 27-03-2012, 11:23 AM
johnnyfortner

I am not so stressed about AP because I know what is, but when things like my story happen they are very stressful on the mind and body and make me uneasy for a few hours, but that isn't whats bothering me. At all times I feel like there is someone behind me or that something is watching me and trying to find the crucial moment to try something.
Old 27-03-2012, 11:31 AM
CNC

Well, I do know that negative energy FEEDS on FEAR....something to think about :)
Old 27-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Master
I recommend you do not believe anything you see/hear in movies. They offer very little truth if any. They are created just to entertain people and while the origins of their stories may be based off of the truth in the beginning, eventually they stretch the truth far beyond it's reality to make an interesting movie that will keep your attention.

As far as your Lucid dream, I would not consider it Astral Projection. Astral Projection is when you actually leave your physical body while your consciousness is inside of one of your subtle bodies, whether it be etheric or astral. It sounds like to me from your Lucid dream that your consciousness was inside one of your subtle bodies, which is why you could roll around but when you woke up your body was in the same space. But you never actually left your physical body. With that said I would have to say you were in your etheric body, if you were in your astral body you would of easily floated out of your body. When people have a hard time leaving their body during an Astral Projection attempt I believe it is because they are inside of their etheric body, and not their astral. The etheric body can only go a couple feet away from the physical body, the astral can go much further.
Old 27-03-2012, 05:05 PM
johnnyfortner

Good to know, I know what astral projection feels and sounds like and this was pretty close but not it(like you said) the sounds were much louder than ever before(that waving binaural noise)and everything was very bright and light, unlike when I have projected before where it usually pretty dark but not scary. Can anyone tell me why all of the sudden my body decided to change like this? is it because before I was in a stressful environment and now that I'm a little more relaxed it wants to come out and play? Is it because I stayed up so late that I was in a different mindset?
Old 27-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Master
Typically you pick up Astral feedback right when your consciousness enters one of your subtle bodies, whether it be astral or etheric. I have picked up everything from random astral voices all the way to radio stations right before leaving my body. So that is most likely what happened with the Binaural type of sound you picked up. There are all kind of random sounds bouncing around in the astral.

I am not sure what you are asking when you say why your body decided to change like this? How did it change? I know that sleep deprivation can cause all kind of weird things to happen IE. Sleep Paralysis, Night Terrors, etc. When you stay up without sleeping for a long time your psychic defenses are weakened and leaves you wide open to Neg interference. Not saying that is what happened in your case, but that shows that not sleeping regularly can change your mental/physical/spiritual state. Explain a little more what you mean by why your body decided to change like this please.
Old 28-03-2012, 12:34 AM
johnnyfortner

I mean it is usually very hard to astral project, and this time things were easier and this was my first lucid dream. My sleep schedule is messed up right now and I need to fix it.