Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-06-2020, 08:10 AM
Master

The Yin and Yang

While meditating, I noticed something something, half of my body ( the right side ) was getting darker and the other half of my body ( the left side ) was getting whiter. All of this happened in my inner vision, so here I am, one side of my body is black and the other is light.

I felt that there's a balance between these two sides, the black side of my self was not bad or something like that, it just was, same thing for the white side, it was not good, as you call good, it just was. The white side was clearly lighter, while the black side was heavier.

They two formed a inner being and they two were two inner beings, very much present and aware.

You see, I just let it be, noticed it, and then I continued to meditate.

Have you ever experienced something like this? I met what I call the shadow self, it was the black side and I became aware that it's half of my body, the right side, from that moment, all the things that I ignored within myself started to come to light. You know, all the reprimated emotions and so on.
Old 22-06-2020, 08:24 AM
Master

An experience of Ardhnarishwar, at some level, it seems. Left feminine, right masculine.

Old 22-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

An experience of Ardhnarishwar, at some level, it seems. Left feminine, right masculine.

Interesting, have you ever experienced this? The black side was a she while the white/light side was a he, they were energy but had a gender, kinda strange. They had eyes and they were small but very sharp, gentle but very penetrating, they could see inside of you. The thing is that the white/light side was more natural for me, it's more "alive" in me, while the black side is kinda ignored and moved somewhere where I can't notice it.

I have to read about this to learn more. It's really interesting how I experience things that are part o the Hindu scriptures and not only, while I just read some things about the Hindu, not that much to really know and understand the Hindu completely.
Old 22-06-2020, 09:18 AM
Master

@ ThatMan ... no, I have not experienced it but a friend of mine feels as such, vividly, I may add, before each ‘session’ when his awareness expands into Brahman, or the Universe.

Culture can possibly influence the manner of manifestation, since lower mind is active for most of us.

Old 22-06-2020, 09:38 AM
Master
The left side of the body is feminine, connected to the right hemisphere, the right side of the body is masculine, connected to the left hemisphere. Things cross over before they go to the body.
The feminine aspect is black, the masculine white. You seeing it the other way around is odd. What you describe is the feminine side being white, which is masculine, and vice versa.
Nothing to do with your shadow as I see it. Maybe check in with your inner woman and inner man and see how they are doing and relating to one another. Can be a real eye-opener to do that.
Old 22-06-2020, 09:40 AM
Master
Also, you called this topic Yin and Yang, then continue to call black the shadow. That has nothing to do with Yin and Yang. Yin and Yang is about the masculine (white) and the feminine (black).
Old 22-06-2020, 10:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ ThatMan ... no, I have not experienced it but a friend of mine feels as such, vividly, I may add, before each ‘session’ when his awareness expands into Brahman, or the Universe.

Culture can possibly influence the manner of manifestation, since lower mind is active for most of us.

I see, interesting, as for me, I was meditating in nature, trying to teach my body the lotus pose, my back hurts a lot so it's kinda difficult, but when I reach deep within, the pain melts away as if there's no pain.
Old 22-06-2020, 10:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The left side of the body is feminine, connected to the right hemisphere, the right side of the body is masculine, connected to the left hemisphere. Things cross over before they go to the body.
The feminine aspect is black, the masculine white. You seeing it the other way around is odd. What you describe is the feminine side being white, which is masculine, and vice versa.
Nothing to do with your shadow as I see it. Maybe check in with your inner woman and inner man and see how they are doing and relating to one another. Can be a real eye-opener to do that.

Yes, it was backwards which makes no sense if you think at the traditional Ardhnarishwar. Why they are backwards, I don't know, the only way to find more about this, is as you have said, go within and "talk" with these two aspects of the mind.

Now, remember, the left hemisphere is masculine while the right one is feminine, maybe this is what I witnessed but I thought it's referring to the body.

I was referring to the black side as being my shadow self because from the moment it appeared, I started to have all sorts of dreams making me experience all the emotions I hid within myself as a way to ignore them, you know, to not face them. I've seen the this black figure and it become half of my body, it was always half of my body, in fact, I was the one who offered a helping hand, it was hiding within me so I found her. And yes, it was a she.
Old 22-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Yes, it was backwards which makes no sense if you think at the traditional Ardhnarishwar. Why they are backwards, I don't know, the only way to find more about this, is as you have said, go within and "talk" with these two aspects of the mind.

Now, remember, the left hemisphere is masculine while the right one is feminine, maybe this is what I witnessed but I thought it's referring to the body.

I was referring to the black side as being my shadow self because from the moment it appeared, I started to have all sorts of dreams making me experience all the emotions I hid within myself as a way to ignore them, you know, to not face them. I've seen the this black figure and it become half of my body, it was always half of my body, in fact, I was the one who offered a helping hand, it was hiding within me so I found her. And yes, it was a she.

To understand Yin/Yang you need to hold two thoughts at the same time. In light there's dark and in dark there's light, In the symbol you see the dot/seed on each side , light seed on dark and dark seed on light, nothing is fixed as they are constantly transforming from one to another in perfect harmony. They shouldn't be seen as absolutes....
Old 22-06-2020, 11:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
To understand Yin/Yang you need to hold two thoughts at the same time. In light there's dark and in dark there's light, In the symbol you see the dot/seed on each side , light seed on dark and dark seed on light, nothing is fixed as they are constantly transforming from one to another in perfect harmony. They shouldn't be seen as absolutes....

I see, it makes sense. I have read about Yin/Yang, but nothing about what you have said.