Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 01-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Knower
Angry The concept that everyone is a Twin Flame is a lie and it's damaging

First up, there is little evidence that everyone is a Twin Flame.

By all measures, look at the past, your family and everyone you know, the concept has been rare in human history.

The New Age community is full of Fast Buck Hucksters and Con Artists. Would be cult leaders and Spiritual Narcissists. They are twisting concepts and selling products.

Remember when all of a sudden everyone on the planet was an Indigo child? It simply lost all relevance.

The New Age community has once again made a messy meal of the Twin flame thing.

I reckon, this one twisting of the true (aka lie), has caused the biggest amount of emotional and spiritual abuse.

I believe Twin Flames are real an a thing. However it's so rare, I doubt many people on this very forum are even one. That's how rare it is.

I saw the origin story of a Twin Flame coach on youtube the other day. She manifested him. One of the criteria was even visible ab muscles. And she calls this manifested person a Twin Flame. It's nonsense. She's lying to herself, and now these people control the New Age industry. Fakes and Lies.

The narrative is being controlled/co-opted and used as a romantic fashion accessory. Lies are Lies.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Lorelyen

The concept of "twin flame" is a belief but a minor one. Pretty rare to hear it expounded in the UK or Continental Europe, let alone the existence of actual twin flames.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs but those that ascribe to one of the many variations of twin flame theory must recognise that others also are entitled to their beliefs.

It is a dangerous aspect of spirituality in that the pressures of those who believe they have a twin flame (or will have, one day) impose on another person, another spirit in its own right. Unless acceptance is simultaneous it's coercive and the fallout can be damaging. There's enough evidence here.

The "New Age Industry" has done damage by leading people to believe it has easy answers to life's problems with easy procedures to get there.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Ascender
I think it could be true because apparently, we're all connected to each other in one way or another. If you believe Sparrow, we're all from different soul groups and a TF is simply someone from the same soul group as you. Therefore, everyone would have one. It's just a matter of whether they're here during your lifetime and whether you'll meet. Which places the odds at about let's say 15% and I'm probably being generous. Which does leave a high margin of error for how many people are probably wrong.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
I think it could be true because apparently, we're all connected to each other in one way or another. If you believe Sparrow, we're all from different soul groups and a TF is simply someone from the same soul group as you. Therefore, everyone would have one. It's just a matter of whether they're here during your lifetime and whether you'll meet. Which places the odds at about let's say 15% and I'm probably being generous. Which does leave a high margin of error for how many people are probably wrong.

I have not read anything that Sparrow said or has written, but I can assure you I do not belong to any soul group, never have. Anyone who is an extension of a Monad is not part of a soul group, anyone who is an extension of a Logos is not part of a soul group. Just two examples, and there are more.
In regards to this crazy twin flame thing, according to my HS, this an ill-construed concept someone picked up somewhere and ran with it, certainly someone who had an interest to prevent or hinder the ascension process on this planet.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The concept of "twin flame" is a belief but a minor one. Pretty rare to hear it expounded in the UK or Continental Europe, let alone the existence of actual twin flames.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs but those that ascribe to one of the many variations of twin flame theory must recognise that others also are entitled to their beliefs.

It is a dangerous aspect of spirituality in that the pressures of those who believe they have a twin flame (or will have, one day) impose on another person, another spirit in its own right. Unless acceptance is simultaneous it's coercive and the fallout can be damaging. There's enough evidence here.

The "New Age Industry" has done damage by leading people to believe it has easy answers to life's problems with easy procedures to get there.

While all are most assuredly "entitled to their beliefs", isn't there a point in your belief system where Truth becomes important ?
Old 01-05-2018, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Flame
First up, there is little evidence that everyone is a Twin Flame.

By all measures, look at the past, your family and everyone you know, the concept has been rare in human history..
If you understand TFs, the concept, the purpose, you understand why this is. And of course it's not to be found in the past. Again, if you understand the concept, you know why that is.

Quote:
Remember when all of a sudden everyone on the planet was an Indigo child? It simply lost all relevance.
Yes, and Indigos had a purpose too. That purpose has mostly gone so now Indigos aren't being born anymore. Also logical, you just have to understand the bigger picture. Since everyone can evolve and grow, so could Indigos. Many have 'evolved' into Crystals.

Quote:
Up to a point, yes, but even that serves a purpose. It does trigger people, it helps people to wake up, become more aware, and start their journey = the waking up, which is necessary for the progress and ascension of mankind. Many are still 'dormant' and nothing can shake people up like love and romance can.
So in that sense, all is in Divine Order. It's just annoying for real TFs at times as they have little places to go to share as all places are crammed with the desperate people who are 'waking up' and far from stable.

Quote:
I reckon, this one twisting of the true (aka lie), has caused the biggest amount of emotional and spiritual abuse.
Really? If someone is stable they cannot be abused. If someone is stable they cannot be manipulated. How is it abuse if someone offers services to TFs, from the heart, to help them and guide them through the difficult journey, and it also happens to attract people who aren't TFs but want to because they think it's a shortcut to paradise.
Who's responsible here?
And apart from that, people will learn something from it all.
I came across this couple on YouTube who offer readings. She never did something on TFs, but now she does. I guess she found out that there's a market there that she's missing out on. This is likely because of her paying clients asking about that.
So now she is doing TF readings, saying she and her partner are TFs, isn't that jolly convenient, lol.
But then again, is that abuse? If people still buy it because it is helpful to them...
You musn't forget we always choose the teachers that match our own vibration. Those teachers will still have things to offer us. And as you grow and evolve you will begin to choose different teachers, people who are more pure, wise.
But they've learnt from those not-so-pure teachers nonetheless. You gotta understand that people who aren't stable yet because they're only just waking up are NOT a match for someone who's already on a high, purer vibration. People have to be ready, and they get ready by what you could call 'chit'.

Quote:
I believe Twin Flames are real an a thing. However it's so rare, I doubt many people on this very forum are even one. That's how rare it is.
I also think it's quite rare, because not everyone has to be a TF per say. Mankind only needs a critical mass to help the rest rise in vibration.
But this entire TF hype is part of that all, as it helps people to wake up. Nothing in the world makes people want to do the work on Self as love & relationship. So it's the best and fasted route to get people to wake up and do something about themselves.
And that is necessary for mankind. The progress that is going on cannot be stopped and the gap between the group of people who are more 'advanced' and the ones who are still in the treadmill of the old -and soon to be obsolete- is getting too big.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I
Quote:
Up to a point, yes, but even that serves a purpose. It does trigger people, it helps people to wake up, become more aware, and start their journey = the waking up, which is necessary for the progress and ascension of mankind. Many are still 'dormant' and nothing can shake people up like love and romance can.
So in that sense, all is in Divine Order. It's just annoying for real TFs at times as they have little places to go to share as all places are crammed with the desperate people who are 'waking up' and far from stable.

As long as people aren't led down blind alleys. It can happen. The N A marketplace is full of snake-oil sellers, apparent in all aspects of this increasingly fragmented branch of self-development. That's the danger - they wake up but are misled either by some well-meaning pseudo-guru or someone making money from the vulnerable. They can end up disappointed and some give up. Many alleged twin flame experiences reported here aren't, but the posters have been convinced they were and injured themselves emotionally.

I revert to something I've quoted before, when people don't ask why they want to step onto their spiritual paths:
Quote:
It’s a simple question, but most who enter the world of magick and alternative spirituality never ask it, or never fully define the answer. As a result, they’re caught up in the “dazzling lights” of the New Age Pinball Machine, and bounced around between experiences, groups and teachers, never finding themselves or getting to their core issues and drives.
So, once one's eyes have opened they need to review their situation and ask this question else they're too easy prey to the quacks out there.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:26 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
While all are most assuredly "entitled to their beliefs", isn't there a point in your belief system where Truth becomes important ?

Hmm.... truth is one of those constructs like "love". Sure, every belief 'system' (religion?) or individual's belief has its truth which doesn't mean it's the same as anyone else's or that truth is universal. It also doesn't mean that the believer's ultimate truth is apparent when they set out on their path. That's as I see it - but that too is just my belief. Some believe that whatever the truth is it's universal, that there is only one truth. This is their belief only.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:08 PM
Pathfinder

I agree that there are many people within the New Age community are scam artists and hacks. The concept of "Twin Flames" is overdone and many are duped by it. That doesn't mean they don't exist. Maybe they do to some, but not for others.

Also, I feel like this concept is being taken too literally. It feels like they need to be looked at in a more metaphorical and archetypal manner.

That said, if someone isn't their "twin flame" it doesn't mean that whatever they felt wasn't real. And, as naive as it may be, I do feel that connections like "twin flame" ones exist. I strongly feel that love like that exists. Sometimes, people do have a mysterious tie that bonds them in ways that cannot be explained.

Using the label "twin flame" defeats the purpose that the relationship intends: To break modern conventions of love and relationships, and to get back to self.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Master

no one knows.