Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-04-2024, 12:25 PM
Master
I think the challenges of violence, open up us all to dig deeper into peace and calm from within if you’re in that stream to do so. When bad things happen people and society are all affected through a ripple affect. It activates us all in various way of our inner world. Like nature around us, human nature in its destructive capacity, breaks things apart in violent and unsettling ways, it jolts us awake to understand life differently, understand ourselves differently. Create differently. Live differently. Be aware differently. It rips us apart to grieve, release whatever we hold onto. In my deeper awakening, I was very afraid of myself in the world. Every fear and terror I held within myself, needed to be challenged at every level, it was my individualisation, nightmare. My inner war as a human being on this planet against life’s terror and fear.

Through facing those terrors and fears, I had to literally see how, I was contributing to the ripple of such things by holding on, bringing fears face alive. How each one was met face to face with fear and terror emergence. I was lucky, I was undoing, unravelling even as I was very afraid. I was able to see through the eyes of fear and new creations as one. This is how it is right now as the world. We are seeing through the eyes of a world caught between worlds. Worlds colliding, worlds in terror and fear. Worlds being ripped apart. Destruction and endings. Truth tearing through us all.

I had to land in Sydney a few hours ago. I was passing through. I was aware of myself, how I felt at times, ( because of the tragedy and horror of yesterdays events) how my feelings could shift and change, how I had (could) consciously shift my inner world back to peace and calm.

Contribute to the new world by becoming/being this, bringing it alive to support changes.

Where I was having dinner last night, my partner and I noticed a very agitated man with his partner. I encouraged my partner with me to hold peace and calm and send it through as a ripple to him with me. He was upright, banging his hands and hips. Within a few minutes something shifted in him. He calmed rather rapidly. Rather than send my old fear and terror ripple, I let my peace and calm ripple.
Old 14-04-2024, 01:28 PM
Master

my own take any more is that some people seem to thrive on conflict... and us trying to take it away from them just to make ourselves feel better is maybe not the most compassionate move we could make. Might even be a 'bad' thing to keep going along those lines.

Anyway, telling them they can't do that just gives them something else to be in conflict with, so, assuming my observation is right, even if we are somehow right right in deciding that this has to end, that isn't going to be a path that will work out for us.

Only path I can see forward, at least for myself, is to quit assuming I know what is somehow 'best' for people at large with all its then yammering about trying to impose some 'ideal' way of life that I personally like on everyone else, and leave things to God. At least he might have some clue about what is really going on with us, and most definitely, I've learned I personally don't.
Old 14-04-2024, 02:22 PM
Master
I used to hike up into the mountains.
Very peaceful.....

But every once in a while, I got to see what happens all the time up in the mountains..... animals attacking other animals.

As for people: I can see some of the reasons why people start behaving likes animals.
I once lived in an area where people believed that a certain 'repressed' group was allowed to do certain things with total immunity. For example, it seems it all 'began' when they bought some land and put a gas station on the land and decided to not pay any of the taxes. The local government, the County, the State and the Federal Government all 'looked the other way'. Decades went by and finally the Federal Government stepped to try to resolve the problems. Now that 'depressed' group owns over 17,000 acres of land and a slew of businesses.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-04-2024, 02:32 PM
I watched a Documentary on Jungles...as he walked thru showing the beautiful, colorful birds, etc....so peaceful...
he talked about WHAT goes on under the surface....the STRUGGLE and
competition of all the roots!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-04-2024, 03:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I used to hike up into the mountains.
Very peaceful.....But every once in a while, I got to see what happens all the time up in the mountains..... animals attacking other animals.
I've lived in places with a lot of wildlife. I was amazed how violent it is and how much suffering happens in the animal kingdom. Human's are animals too. Well our bodies anyway. Some can overcome their animal natures and some can't.
Old 14-04-2024, 03:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
To my surprise, it appears they could, for the most part, be prevented ...
I agree with you there. I think all human violence could be prevented. Just need the right people in charge of things. Intelligent, insightful, very aware people.
Old 14-04-2024, 03:27 PM
Master
Yes there is violence everywhere in nature. But we humans can strive to lessen our impact and giving in to such urges and choose activities and lifestyles that reduce it. Think about diet and what policies you support. However, and I suppose many will disagree, I believe the energy behind violence does have a place in human society, in controlled environments. This topic by itself can only be understood when accepting hormonal differences between people. So really, the energy behind violence has its uses, but as humans we can think of how to use that sensibly.
Old 14-04-2024, 04:22 PM
Master

Wonderful discussion, thank you all for your excellent contributions. I especially was drawn to what Falling Leaves said; how we think we know what is best for others. Yes, violence is repulsive to our senses and it intrudes into people’s lives with a forceful impact of pain, and often ends the lives of many.

But the Prime Mover, that which many refer to as “God” allows violence to exist. Even religions which worship God have been very violent; Shunning, or killing the other person because they did not believe the same way. Violence seems to be part of the natural order of creation.

I embrace that duality is inherent in creation and violence is but an extreme polarity of that duality. War and peace being at opposite ends. But there is a peace which surpasses understanding, a peace which is much more than just the absence of war. Bringing that peace into this world may mean the end of duality. Can we truly give up all of our likes and dislikes? A nonjudgmental species?

A scorpion stings you because that is its’ nature; we often think of human beings as more evolved than insects and animals but are we really? I feel humanity does have the capability to transcend the human state of being, transforming ourselves from homo sapiens to homo spiritualists. One spirit, one primordial vibration. There is much to overcome.
Old 14-04-2024, 04:40 PM
Master

Desiderata - Words for Life

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

— Max Ehrmann, 1927
Old 14-04-2024, 07:34 PM
Administrator
The way I see it is very much like Starman, I think mental health is the core problem of troubles.
Years ago they would have been supervised now they are free to do as they will.
Governments are to blame not just here but everywhere

I have been saying for years that the streets are going to run with Blood
ordinary people are going to start on each other,
I can see it coming.

Desiderata I have heard that many times
Namaste