Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Tammy

i have just started
Eleven minutes by Paulo Coelho
Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Terracotta

Final Fantasy and Philosophy. For people who want to have fun reading too deeply into their videogames.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Air Spirit

A Path With Heart, Jack Kornfield
Old 04-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Celtic Goddess

Reading two books at the moment--Touched By Heaven's Light and The Last Of The Gnostics
Old 04-09-2011, 06:04 PM
mike bike

I'm reading "The Second Meadow" by Archie Hill.

Although it's not a spiritual book,it has a spritual theme...Archie wanted to get away from society so he got permission from Lord (What's his name) and went to live in his lordship's very dense woods for three months in the Autumn....the rules were that he must have no contact with any other human being during that time...and just live from the woodland,and the nearby stream....and when he left he must leave no trace of his being there.

All he had was an air rifle to shoot his meals...but he lived well ....his deprived childhood had taught him about poaching and survival,and what herbs were safe to eat.In his young days he had to poach to help feed his family...although he shot birds and rabbits to eat,he still respected nature.

Why is it called "The Second Meadow"?...because at dusk Archie often sat at the edge of the woodland looking out over three meadows,and he realised most rabbits stayed in the first meadow,where it was safer....they could dash back to the safety of the woods if threatened by a preditor.

But some of them dared go to the second meadow,where there was a greater choice of plants to eat...but the risk was greater...the occasional dare devil even went into the third meadow.

He likened this to human behaviour...most of us stay where it's safe,but some go out of the so called "safety zone" for greater adventures....and are usually rewarded for our risks.

The book is long out of print...it was bought for me via Amazon as a birthday present...I'm now on my third reading of it.

Blessings Mike
Old 07-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Mountain-Goat

Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe by Robert Lanza

Hidden Nature: The Startling Insights of Viktor Schauberger by Alick Bartholomew

Creativity: Unleasing the forces within by Osho.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Master
Necronomicon - Lovecraft
Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 PM
iolite

I'm re-discovering Andre Norton on my iphone. Many of her earlier novels are part of project Gutenberg and are free!! I'm working my way through them one at a time! I remember how much I enjoyed Beastmaster and I'm looking forward to re-reading it after many decades!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:37 AM
the_safi

The Monk who sold his Ferarri

hey guys, just (10 min ago) finished "the monk who sold his ferrari"

such a great book! Love it! Tomorrow I will start "The Path of the Peaceful Warrior" (free translation, read it in german, lol)

anybody read the monk yet?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Master
Discover the Gift - by Aziz and Lichtenstein

Not very far into it yet, can't really say if it's good or not.

and The Adventures of Curious George