Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:10 AM
clovelly

My household has had to learn acceptance:

I have been a vegetarian for about 27 years. (Vegan for 10 of those years)
My boyfriend eats meat few times a week
My 2 dogs eat meat & vegetables everyday
My boyfriends aunt lived with us for 1 year and ate only meat (Atkinson diet).

Hence to say: at first it was quite awkward trying to cook & have a family meal together, but we all adjusted in our own way.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Valus

The Divine,

I disagree with you on a number of points. It doesn't make me arrogant. Nor does it mean that I am trying to determine your diet for you. I'm trying to share my information and perspective here. I'm not interested in being combative, or just being right. I've said plenty of moderate things, suggesting that you find what works for you, but you insist on seeing only my unequivocal positions -- and seeing them as threats. Please take what works, leave the rest, and get on with your life. We can agree to disagree.

Jules,

You're probably a fine person, but, at the moment, you're being extremely negative, critical, and combative. I have no interest in fighting with you. That anger is one thing that makes and keeps people sick. If you don't like my perspective, don't read my posts. There is an ignore feature in this forum for a reason.

Chrysaetos and Kapitan,

You both seem to take pleasure in needling people. You pat each other on the back, mostly, for being insulting. I've interacted with folks like you before and it never ended well. Maybe we're just too different to understand and appreciate each other? I hope that's all it is. In any case, it's not worth the effort to understand each other. I'm trying to cut this negativity out of my life, so I'm putting you on "Ignore", rather than just go on antagonizing each other. If you still feel that your time is well spent in scoffing at my threads and posts, you are of course welcome to do so (though I won't be listening or responding). I would however recommend that you consider putting your energy into making threads of your own. Share something of your own, rather than just trolling around, finding fault where it doesn't exist, and throwing wrenches in other people's life-saving threads. Nobody is perfect, but if you train your eyes to see the good, you'll find that even those of us who sometimes differ with you have a lot of good things to share.

lightworkerAU,

Well said. You have a good heart.

Last edited by Valus : 04-01-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Erato

It's a little sad to see how people get stuck on words misspoken or perceived attitudes and it snowballs into anger and resentment.

Healing comes from inside out and it begins with one's thoughts.
Gratitude, love and respect need to be mutual and extended beyond reproach.

We are all fallible humans and at the same time we all have the ability to rise and let our Higher Selves shine.

Do we need to reduce people's posts to "twaddle"? Do we need to get angry about someone respectfully albeit passionately sharing a perspective? It's really strange to see that in a topic about vegetarianism and higher values.

I can imagine how debilitating chronic disease must be. Fact is that there are plenty of examples of people with chronic ailments out there who have done raw cleansing or fasting for 40 days to get better or completely cure their chronic illness.
The "miracles" are out there. Research Kevin Gianni. Research Gabriel Cousens.

Here is one example:
http://www.healthpromoting.com/

I believe in miracles. Don't you?

Love to all.

P.S. Clovelly, WOW! That's some tolerance there. Do you not eat meat for ethical or health reasons? How is your health if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Erato : 04-01-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 04-01-2011, 02:49 PM
iolite

Something to ponder....

Our bodies need vitamin B-12 which is found in animal sources. Our bodies need natural saturated fat to produce our hormones, which is also from animal sources.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Valus

iolite,

You are welcome to your perspective.

Hopefully nobody here will accuse you of being arrogant or dictatorial
just for holding that one-size-fits-all belief about B12 and animal sources.

God Bless
Old 04-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Valus

"I had a fast-growing conviction
that a hospital is no place for a
person who is seriously ill."
~ Norman Cousins

"The thing that bugs me is that people
think the FDA is protecting them. It isn't.
What the FDA is doing, and what the public thinks
it's doing are as different as night and day."
~ Herbert Lay
Former Commissioner of the FDA

"The FDA is serving industry rather than the public."
~ Dr. David Graham
Senior drug safety researcher at the FDA
who blew the whistle on Vioxx

"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
is largely controlled by the orthodox medical
profession.. and the industries which the FDA
was set up to regulate."
~ Miles Robinson, M.D.
Head of a Congressional Committee
investigating allegations of a conspiracy
to suppress alternative therapies

"The Inquisition is still with us.
It is called The Food and Drug Administration..
The National Cancer Institute.. The American Cancer Society
and the AMA. They are allied together to destroy
innovation in modern times."
~ Robert G. Houston

"We have a multi-billion dollar industry
that is killing people, right and left,
just for financial gain."
~ Glenn Warner, M.D.

"They lie like scoundrels."
~ Dean Burke, Ph.D.
regarding the American Cancer Society

"It is now illegal to find a cure for Cancer."
~ Pat McGrady, Jr.

"[Chemotherapy is] a marvellous opportunity
for rampant deceit. So much money is there to be made.."
~ George Lundberg, M.D.
editor of the Journal of The American Medical Association

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out
the window, except that the birds would eat them."
~ M. HI Fischer, M.D.

"The cure for cancer will not be found
under a microscope. It's on the dinner plate."
~ Dr. Paul Stitt

"Cancer is most frequent
where carnivorous habits prevail."
~ Scientific American, 1892
Old 04-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
"I had a fast-growing conviction
that a hospital is no place for a
person who is seriously ill."
~ Norman Cousins

"The thing that bugs me is that people
think the FDA is protecting them. It isn't.
What the FDA is doing, and what the public thinks
it's doing are as different as night and day."
~ Herbert Lay
Former Commissioner of the FDA

"The FDA is serving industry rather than the public."
~ Dr. David Graham
Senior drug safety researcher at the FDA
who blew the whistle on Vioxx

"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
is largely controlled by the orthodox medical
profession.. and the industries which the FDA
was set up to regulate."
~ Miles Robinson, M.D.
Head of a Congressional Committee
investigating allegations of a conspiracy
to suppress alternative therapies

"The Inquisition is still with us.
It is called The Food and Drug Administration..
The National Cancer Institute.. The American Cancer Society
and the AMA. They are allied together to destroy
innovation in modern times."
~ Robert G. Houston

"We have a multi-billion dollar industry
that is killing people, right and left,
just for financial gain."
~ Glenn Warner, M.D.

"They lie like scoundrels."
~ Dean Burke, Ph.D.
regarding the American Cancer Society

"It is now illegal to find a cure for Cancer."
~ Pat McGrady, Jr.

"[Chemotherapy is] a marvellous opportunity
for rampant deceit. So much money is there to be made.."
~ George Lundberg, M.D.
editor of the Journal of The American Medical Association

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out
the window, except that the birds would eat them."
~ M. HI Fischer, M.D.

"The cure for cancer will not be found
under a microscope. It's on the dinner plate."
~ Dr. Paul Stitt

"Cancer is most frequent
where carnivorous habits prevail."
~ Scientific American, 1892
B-17???
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I just find it funny that I was doing the very thing Valus said with regards to questioning experts, but had been insinuated of being a rigid thinker and now also called a troll, etc.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:10 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erato
It's a little sad to see how people get stuck on words misspoken or perceived attitudes and it snowballs into anger and resentment.

Healing comes from inside out and it begins with one's thoughts.
Gratitude, love and respect need to be mutual and extended beyond reproach.

Sorry to be off-topic.

Love to all.

IMHO, this isn't off the topic at all. Everyone who goes to forums like this one comes because they have a point of view to share, usually a very strongly held and well-developed one. This is all well and good, but too often strongly held opinions morph into rigidly held opinions, and if you put two people with differing rigidly-held opinions in the same space, you get conflict.

Why is this so? My theory is that the purpose of life is self-definition; deciding and declaring "I am This, not That". Problem is, our society does a wonderful job of teaching us how to hold strong opinions, but a poor job of teaching us that it's okay for others to hold differing ones. I lay the blame for this squarely on the doorstep of Western Monotheism, religions whose core teaching is that those who are Right are saved and those who are Wrong are damned for all eternity. This puts awful subconscious pressure on us to make sure we are "right" about everything, and even when we discard the trappings of these religions, the mental reflex to seek to be right remains, buried deeply in our sense of self. So as we search for spiritual self-definition, we too often still file our discoveries into "right" and "wrong".

Take the discussion on this thread. Nothing triggers our ideas of right and wrong more strongly than death, and the sad truth is that, in our current state, we must kill other living things and ingest their structures in order to continue living ourselves. We assume subconsciously that there must be a right and a wrong way of going about this, and then come to various conclusions based upon varying parameters: animals or plants having souls or the ability to suffer, single or multiple lives, the existence of Karma, and so on. We create our conclusion, label it "right", but then realize that others have come to different conclusions. Since too many of us have not moved past the ideas of right and wrong, we feel the need to defend our positions, or even attack those who hold differing ones.

Now, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I believe I have moved past the need to be "right" to a great degree (not completely, though), but I still feel a puckish urge to poke holes in ideas that I see as illogical or inconsistent. Moral Veganism and vegetarianism, from my point of view, fall into such a category. Pure Veganism I find inconsistent, because our bodies require vitamin b12, which only comes from animal products of one kind or another. In order for a pure Vegan to be healthy, they must eat foods supplemented with b12, yet if the only source of b12 is animals, they must, in a roundabout way, be eating something that is against their moral code. Thus it is inconsistent. Moral vegetarianism I simply find illogical, based upon my view of the world. It requires that I say "eating this kind of life is okay, eating that kind of life is wrong", yet I see all of existence as really being One Life, merely manifesting in various ways. Thus, for me to say ingesting some manifestations is "better" than others seems like an unnecessary distinction. I also find "juicing" to be amusing; in order to eat more "naturally", we go through the very unnatural process of crushing the food in a machine first to "extract" the nutrition. Makes me LOL.

Now when it comes to nutritional vegetarianism, I fall into the "every body needs different things" camp. Do we eat entirely too much meat in this society? Good lord, yes! I've doubled my energy level, improved my health, and lost 35 unneeded pounds (and counting!), all just by decreasing my meal size while increasing my eating frequency, eating more fruits and vegetables, and turning red meat and sweets into an occasional treat. But I also found that cutting down too much results in a massive loss in my mental focus and motivation. So I've struck a happy medium that my body seems to agree with.

So here's my condensed two cents; do what you will, and let others to do what they will, as long as they offer the same courtesy back.

CS
Old 04-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Erato

CS, I like your take on this.

I don't believe that humans can move beyond instinctively judging "right" and "wrong" but we can certainly recognize those as just that - judgments; we can calm our minds and hearts and strive for better.

I'm glad you found what works for you.

Personally, if I ingest 16 ounces of raw vegetable juice a day, I feel lighter, I release weight and I feel less hungry. Adding yoga and pranayama to the equation and you get an individual that literally cannot stomach meat.

And...

After educating myself about the horrors related to factory farming in the US, I no longer support that industry by eating meat produced by it. It's the least I can do.

BTW: You can get B12 from algae or nutritional yeast. I am still researching it. But I'm not a vegan, so... :)
Closed Thread