Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Master
►►► LOVE AND GIFTS OF SPIRIT

1 Corinthians 13:8-10 reads:

"Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies,
                   they will cease;
            where there are tongues,
                 they will be stilled;
            where there is knowledge,
                   it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
        but when completeness comes,
          what is in part disappears.."

This scripture seems to indicate that a time will come when some of the gifts of the Spirit will cease.

Previously, in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 the gifts of the Spirit are defined. It reads:

"To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages."

It seems that 'love' will be an identifying factor of a Christian.
Do you think we are already fulfilling 1 Corinthians 13:8-10?
What do you think of some of the gifts of spirit being done away with?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
1 Corinthians 13:8-10 reads:

"Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies,
                   they will cease;
            where there are tongues,
                 they will be stilled;
            where there is knowledge,
                   it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
        but when completeness comes,
          what is in part disappears.."

This scripture seems to indicate that a time will come when some of the gifts of the Spirit will cease.

Previously, in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 the gifts of the Spirit are defined. It reads:

"To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages."

It seems that 'love' will be an identifying factor of a Christian.
Do you think we are already fulfilling 1 Corinthians 13:8-10?
What do you think of some of the gifts of spirit being done away with?

What do you personally think ?
Old 10-05-2020, 07:14 PM
Master

I believe that "love" means transcending your fears and angers.

When you'll reach that level (completeness), the need for many of the answers and help (gifts) you're now asking your inner guidance for (Spirit), will disappear.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:18 PM
Master
The love mentioned is Agape love.

The Greek word is ἀγάπη.

The word is transliterated as Agape
and is translated as love.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-05-2020, 11:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The love mentioned is Agape love.

The Greek word is ἀγάπη.

The word is transliterated as Agape
and is translated as love.
I understand, but my assertion is that all dogma is allegory, symbolism. It shouldn't be taken at face value.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:49 PM
ImthatIm

I believe after looking at the chapter more fully there are 2 verses that
point to a time in front of us, when perfection comes.
In the mean time we get to see in part.

1 Corinthians 13 NLT bible

Quote:
10But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.

Quote:
13Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Also I think we may get glimpses of perfect Love.
I like reading verse 1 through 7 of ........1 Cor. 13.........
Old 18-05-2020, 04:44 PM
Deactivated Account

I think in that Scripture, for the sake of Integrity, Love was given as a foundation upon which the proper use of these Gifts would be seen.

We see how some men and women would have no love and that would have a significant effect on how they use there Gifts.
Old 18-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I understand, but my assertion is that all dogma is allegory, symbolism. It shouldn't be taken at face value.

Inavalan,

Not seeing the allegory here. Maybe you could elaborate ?
Old 19-05-2020, 01:26 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that "love" means transcending your fears and angers.

When you'll reach that level (completeness), the need for many of the answers and help (gifts) you're now asking your inner guidance for (Spirit), will disappear.

Oh Great! Christmas shopping was hard enough the way it is. What does one get for someone who already has all the gifts of the spirit? To hell with the whole thing, everybody is going to get a chia pet and they can like it or lump it.
Old 19-05-2020, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Oh Great! Christmas shopping was hard enough the way it is. What does one get for someone who already has all the gifts of the spirit? To hell with the whole thing, everybody is going to get a chia pet and they can like it or lump it.

You weren't a good boy ... you used the h-word ... :)