Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-05-2020, 12:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
For being supposedly founded by the "Prince of peace", it seems to me Christianity has a lot of anger and violence in it. I don't know when Armageddon is going to start, but I think I am going to place a few bets on the this Christianity forum.
pacify
bring peace to (a country or warring factions), especially by the use or threatened use of military force.
e.g. "the general pacified northern Italy"
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-05-2020, 12:58 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
What about Edgar Cayce's version. Any good? I've only listened to a couple so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nma4TSiXnnU 3 mins.
I read a book about Edgar Cayce once. It really tick'd be off. Everybody who got a reading seemed to have been some sort of famous, rich, or important person in their previous life, no ordinary Joe Shmoe smucks like me. I bet I died when the ditch I was digging caved in on me and buried me alive. Samsara is not fair! Even in previous lives I was getin the short end of the stick.
Old 20-05-2020, 01:03 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
pacify
bring peace to (a country or warring factions), especially by the use or threatened use of military force.
e.g. "the general pacified northern Italy"
Now we're talking! Love they neighbor or I will bomb you into the stone age until you do! Now that is what I call tough love!

Old 20-05-2020, 01:13 AM
ketzer

BTW: Is this why 13 is considered to be an unlucky number?
Old 20-05-2020, 01:14 AM
Master

Quote:
I read a book about Edgar Cayce once. It really tick'd be off. Everybody who got a reading seemed to have been some sort of famous, rich, or important person in their previous life, no ordinary Joe Shmoe smucks like me. I bet I died when the ditch I was digging caved in on me and buried me alive. Samsara is not fair! Even in previous lives I was getin the short end of the stick.

The best book about Cayce I read is Thomas Sugrue's "There is a River". It is a biography; no speculations; by a person who knew him closely.

Cayce was a simple uneducated man, extremely religious, who didn't understand exactly his gift, but helped thousands of people, for free, until his exhaustion.

You can read it here (free), if interested:
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet...e/n11/mode/2up
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-05-2020, 02:57 AM
Experiencer

maya-pls understand I mean no disrespect-but heres what is interesting-you post your question in a subforum entitled, 'christianity' and want others to express their opinions about a book in the bible-

when Morph expresses himself-you respond by saying your not interested in hearing christian theology bc you ha e heard it a million times-and yet how can you expect to hear a non christian belief/opinion/thought when you post in a christian forum?

while I have come to understand that people hold different beliefs and opinions about the Bible-I also understand that Christians-or at least the christians that express themselves in this forum-well some of them anyway believe the Bible to be the true inspired word of God

while others who are christians that express themselves in this forum do not believe the Bible to be the true inspied word of God.

I guess what Im trying to understand is how can you expect to post in a christian subforum and not expect for christians to answer/

again, as I stated in the start, I mean no disrespect-but am trying to understand your expectations
Old 20-05-2020, 06:20 AM
Master
Quote:

Oh right. I don't know enough about him atm. His interpretation on the revelations makes more sense than the hell fire version anyway.
Old 20-05-2020, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Now we're talking! Love they neighbor or I will bomb you into the stone age until you do! Now that is what I call tough love!

That's an anti gay symbol Jesus has on his chest there.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:09 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
That's an anti gay symbol Jesus has on his chest there.
Is it? I don't keep up on all these things.
I suppose he is a right wing Jesus so it is not surprising. Jesus seems to be whatever a particular group wants him to be. Maybe the inquisition was onto something with their enforcement of orthodoxy through fire. At least they only had to deal with one Jesus and they got to say who he was.
Old 21-05-2020, 01:42 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
maya-pls understand I mean no disrespect-but heres what is interesting-you post your question in a subforum entitled, 'christianity' and want others to express their opinions about a book in the bible-

when Morph expresses himself-you respond by saying your not interested in hearing christian theology bc you ha e heard it a million times-and yet how can you expect to hear a non christian belief/opinion/thought when you post in a christian forum?

while I have come to understand that people hold different beliefs and opinions about the Bible-I also understand that Christians-or at least the christians that express themselves in this forum-well some of them anyway believe the Bible to be the true inspired word of God

while others who are christians that express themselves in this forum do not believe the Bible to be the true inspied word of God.

I guess what Im trying to understand is how can you expect to post in a christian subforum and not expect for christians to answer/

again, as I stated in the start, I mean no disrespect-but am trying to understand your expectations
You say you mean no disrespect but what about conflict? I mean respect is usually something between people that have met in person and kinda know each other and obviously we haven't done that so respect shouldn't be anywhere to be seen let alone "dissed " but your reply sounds a bit school teacher'ish to me or perhaps the fun police? .

Ether way what I was wanting was NEW insights and interpretations not the mainstream copycat interpretations that flow like they came from the winepress in Revelation and I could care less if they come from Christians or non-christians because that's just a title that's handed out more than condoms so means very little at least in my opinion unless when someone becomes Christian they get some form of like Medallion a ring or blowing name that is magnetic and sticks to the forehead or some way of signifying and identifying a Christian from an average person?