Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Experiencer
All of the Seth books, by Jane Roberts. And Oneness, by Rasha.

These are my favorites because they resonate with me but there are lots of others.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
I phone my mother every day and play Scrabble with her online.

Thought I knew you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
The Tao of Pooh

Have you read The Te of Piglet?

Personally, 'Illusions' by Richard Bach blew me away.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamothe
I have enjoyed many of the books people have suggested here, but my utmost favorite is "In Search of the Miraculous" by P.D. Ouspensky, which is basically a very well written and organised account of the teaching of G.I. Gurdjieff.

What I enjoy most about the writings of Gurdjieff is that this man looked at everything as a whole. There is no seperation between the beginning of the universe and your personal developement. EVERYTHING is relevant and connected. As you can imagine, his writings are extensive and usually quite confusing if you simply read Gurdjieff's writings, which is why I really enjoy Ouspensky's organization of the ideas.

I often felt with books such as Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now and many other such contemporary writings, that it didn't go deep enough into the practice. I often find it frustrating that many of these books tell you what state of mind you should be in but not really telling you how.

This book has been an incredible tool for my own development and I would highly suggest it to anyone, especially those more given to the philosophical side of spirituality :)
I have read so many mentioned...but not this. Your review is compelling, thank you for taking the time.
And welcome here.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
yinepu

Hi Miss hepburn, i cant find your post with the link about the priest after he passed away ?

I was searching last night but im not sure which post it was in, i was about half way through and got side tracked , your help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
Hi Miss hepburn, i cant find your post with the link about the priest after he passed away ?

I was searching last night but im not sure which post it was in, i was about half way through and got side tracked , your help would be greatly appreciated

Well, until I find it - google Anthony Borgia --maybe its there?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Terry

Several books. I started getting interested when I initially wanted to know what the afterlife was like through self-interest. I looked in my local library and came across books by Derek Acorah and Gordon Smith to start off and was fascinated. A lot of what I read fitted most of what I already believed at the time. I then came across other authors such as James Van Praagh and Sylvia Browne. I am quite saddened to have recently read a lot of negative stuff about Sylvia saying that she's a fake and other nasty stuff like on that Stop Sylvia site. I am also dissapointed that I have no psychic powers whatsoever and would like to start developing them but don't know where to start.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Sungirl

The book that started it all for me was Susan Jeffer's "Feel the fear and do it anyway".

This book showed me there could be another way to live my life, that I wasn't stuck in a place of fear and abuse.

I still pass copies on to people now....
Old 08-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Master
Mine was living in the light and Creative Visualisation by Sakita Gawain x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Master
i was an agnostic from the age of 9 (when i dumped the catholic church and christianity in general) till the age of 16...i didnt believe God existed, but was willing to accept proof IF It was willing to give it to me...at 16 i read The Far Country by Paul Twitchell, and it got some things started for me, but even that was only a start,then there was Julian Johnson's With a Great Master in India, but after reading those books i was given an experience that changed my life forever, skipped right over belief and went to experiencing and knowing...
http://www.archive.org/stream/farcou...ge/n1/mode/2up

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30324325/J...aster-in-India
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 08-05-2011, 11:47 PM
iolite

For me it was: Jane Roberts "The Education of Oversoul 7", "The Further Education of Oversoul 7" and "Oversoul 7 and the Museum of Time" when I was about 14 or 15. Her books were out of print for a while but now back in print.

Then in college: "Wisdom of the Mystic Masters" by Joseph Weed -- still in print