Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Knower

Nah. People as a rule don't try nearly hard enough, and when they don't get what they thought they wanted, they're perpetually ready to find a reason to justify their failure as inevitable. The number of forms and guises that process takes is truly astonishing to behold.

They all start out with unlimited hope, believing magic and transformation and a new way of being is just around the corner, and with each failure to break down the walls that keep them from it, there's always an excuse at the ready. It wasn't meant to be, they say. This failure is a lesson, they say. I now understand my goals to be different, they say. I have been taught that I should not have wanted this, they say. I only need to wait and the wall will break itself, they say. (It will not.)

This weakness disgusts me, because this tendency in human beings has thwarted the new age.
Old Today, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
Nah. People as a rule don't try nearly hard enough, and when they don't get what they thought they wanted, they're perpetually ready to find a reason to justify their failure as inevitable. The number of forms and guises that process takes is truly astonishing to behold.

They all start out with unlimited hope, believing magic and transformation and a new way of being is just around the corner, and with each failure to break down the walls that keep them from it, there's always an excuse at the ready. It wasn't meant to be, they say. This failure is a lesson, they say. I now understand my goals to be different, they say. I have been taught that I should not have wanted this, they say. I only need to wait and the wall will break itself, they say. (It will not.)

This weakness disgusts me, because this tendency in human beings has thwarted the new age.

Hi Armadodecadron,

I see it that it depends where someone is at and how willing and able are they to take responsibility.

Can relate if one feels entitled and everything should be given to them, then it just does not work this way.

In my experience very little is a given and if desired to reach a goal takes focus, practice, and effort. Mistakes may be be made, wrong decision may be made, it might not work out the way expected, but I learn from these. If not so much what I want, atleast what I don't want or simply may not be the way to go.

Blaming this, that, or the other thing doesn't seem to pan out well for me either.
The trick and work is to figure out how to adjust and keep going.

To risk using a bit of a cliche; you are the change you have been waiting for.
Brings the question; How willing am I to be that change and create it?

I call it a work in progress and while living seems there is always more to discover. Which makes life interesting. At the same time give myself some slack and take responsibility for what I may project into the world.

Everyday is a new age and a chance to move forward.
You bring up a good point, IMO,
Thank you