Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 04-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
I wonder, would either of you be interested in attempting a telepathic link? I'm not sure I'm quite at the place where I would try it yet, but it would answer a lot of questions if it were possible to communicate with a specific person. Though I understand if it is too personal a request.

I am a little hesitant to offer since when I have tried it with strangers most of the time it ended with them getting very upset with me for no apparent reason. It was nothing specific and I got tired of the hostility and distrust that I got in return. I am a bit weary from those experiences, so now I just focus on connections that occur naturally. But, I could focus on that astral restaurant more often and maybe I will see you there. :)
Old 04-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Experiencer
As I said, don't worry about it - I realise it is a personal request and I'm sorry you have had negative experiences with it in the past.

I hope that restaurant serves good fish.

Sorry if I bought the conversation to a halt - that wasn't the intention!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
As I said, don't worry about it - I realise it is a personal request and I'm sorry you have had negative experiences with it in the past.

I hope that restaurant serves good fish.

Sorry if I bought the conversation to a halt - that wasn't the intention!

It's OK, Westleigh. I might feel up to it in a couple of weeks, if you are ready for it then. I just need a little bit of rest that's all.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Master
lol Wes, you didn't halt the conversation. conversations ebb and flow. this thread has died and ressurected quite a few times.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i was wondering if you guys have the experience of hearing your companions in different locations in your body. now okay... it's sounds weird but i guess no weirder than what we've shared so far. my imaginary friends and i have two locations from which we receive and broadcast. in our head and in our chest/heart. there's a difference between the kind of conversations shared, though i haven't quite put my finger on just what that difference is. perhaps in the chest location the conversations are more personal and emotional while the head location is more technical. does that make any sense?

Yes I have. :) Soon after I met my companion he wanted to communicate from inside the borders of my physical body, something I had never tried before, and I let him because I was curious what that would be like. After he and I tried that I could feel him the most clearly when his essence or spirit was concentrated in the left side of my body.

I found an article that discuss which parts of the brain light up during successful telepathic transmission. The researchers believe there is an area located in the right hemisphere that might have something to do with it (See image in this article: http://www.deanradin.com/papers/IntJ...602_203406.pdf). It might be that I felt the focus on the left because the right brain hemisphere controls the muscles on the left side of the body.

For the most part during telepathic communication the actual focus point connecting me to the other party is in an area outside of my physical body and the energetic link is attached to an area near my head.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Master
hmmm. right hemisphere. that may explain why i get twinges in right side of my head when vibrational exchanges get a little too intense. "ease up, guys! wanna give me a stroke? lol"

interesting that you feel the energy focus outside of your physical body. i'm going to see if i can find such a focal point outside my body because i've always experienced the phenom inside.

thanx for the url. i have to download a program that'll open for me. my puter set up couldn't be more basic.
Old 15-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Trace

I can hear clairaudiently and for me its like a thought voice like if you were saying something to yourself, the difference is that I can most of the time its not my thoughts because of what is said and the words used and I also feel different sorts of emotion energies that might go along with what is said, eg if something funny is said by the spirit, I get this sort of tickly sort of energy feeling. Its hard to explain lol.
I am also a nurse and work in mental health as well as medical and I have actually asked a few people with schizophrenia who have auditory hallucinations to describe it to me and the way they describe it is sounding to them more like a voice heard within the ear and not a thought voice though many can have disordered thoughts but it seems like its not the same.
Now just to confuse, I have also spoken to a few mediums who hear clairaudiently and they have said that they actually hear a voice like with their ears lol
Old 15-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace
I can hear clairaudiently and for me its like a thought voice like if you were saying something to yourself, the difference is that I can most of the time its not my thoughts because of what is said and the words used and I also feel different sorts of emotion energies that might go along with what is said, eg if something funny is said by the spirit, I get this sort of tickly sort of energy feeling. Its hard to explain lol.
I am also a nurse and work in mental health as well as medical and I have actually asked a few people with schizophrenia who have auditory hallucinations to describe it to me and the way they describe it is sounding to them more like a voice heard within the ear and not a thought voice though many can have disordered thoughts but it seems like its not the same.
Now just to confuse, I have also spoken to a few mediums who hear clairaudiently and they have said that they actually hear a voice like with their ears lol

so schizophrenics hear voices in their ears ... not in their heads. that's interesting. i had already figured that i'm not schizophrenic since my thoughts are not in any way disorganized. i function just fine in my workaday world but i've almost gotten to the point where having a diagnosable (and therefore treatable) mental illness would be preferrable because i'm not getting any resolution as to whether or not my imaginary friends (and "angels") are anything other than imaginary. this is an annoyance for someOne like me who values intellectual honesty. i'm sitting in a kind of limbo between breathless belief and dersive skeptism. it's not a comfortable place to sit. i've tried everything from cold logic to fervent prayers and nothing has worked to clarify the situation.
Old 15-05-2011, 04:43 PM
DulcePoetica

IQ- have you ever tried a mental trick to allow yourself the freedom to believe? I do this sort of thing quite frequently when I want better understanding of something that my brain habitually deems implausible.

Here are some concepts I have used to bring myself back into an experience:

1. While I do not believe this, many people I respect and admire believe this and I will try to find the truth that they believe in.

2. We already know that humans can not see all light frequencies or hear all sound frequencies. Therefore, science has proven that VAST amounts of measurable things take place beyond human senses. I do not believe that science has already discovered ALL of existence, therefore it is perfectly reasonable, and in fact intelligent to accept that at least some invisible/unexplained things are very real.

3. I may not yet have external confirmation that this specific phenomena is a "true" experience, yet in all cases where I have gotten feedback from other involved parties, my sub-sensory perception has been verified as accurate. Therefore, even without confirmation, I can maintain my intellectual integrity while also believing there is a high probability of this being real.

4. Simply because I do not know if this paranormal/supernatural experience is real, I will only find peace of mind by further investigation. Therefore, I must continue to participate, and the more I delve into it, the more understanding I will gain.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
so schizophrenics hear voices in their ears ... not in their heads. that's interesting. i had already figured that i'm not schizophrenic since my thoughts are not in any way disorganized. i function just fine in my workaday world but i've almost gotten to the point where having a diagnosable (and therefore treatable) mental illness would be preferrable because i'm not getting any resolution as to whether or not my imaginary friends (and "angels") are anything other than imaginary. this is an annoyance for someOne like me who values intellectual honesty. i'm sitting in a kind of limbo between breathless belief and dersive skeptism. it's not a comfortable place to sit. i've tried everything from cold logic to fervent prayers and nothing has worked to clarify the situation

But you do have a recognized condition -- you're talking to spirits.

A book that might help is Kason's Farther Shores. It's a book on kundalini rising which often includes moments of difficult spiritual emergence where sanity is doubted. She gives (p. 248) this list:

Spiritual Emergency vs. psychosis
Challenged by experiences vs. overwhelmed by them
Great difficulty functioning vs. inability
Clear thought process vs. incoherent
Transient grandiose ideas vs. delusions of grandeur
Difficulty separating inner and outer realities vs. inability to distinguish them
Awareness at some level that experiences are part of an inner process vs. projecting causes onto others
Fears losing control vs. is out of control
Mildly unusual behaviours vs. sustained totally inappropriate behaviours
Ability to tolerate negative visions vs. overwhelmed by them

... etc.

You're on a well-trodden path here, and it's been studied by some very sensible psychologists who happen to have experienced it true.

It's said "The Mystic Swims in the Same Water the Madman Drowns in", and it's true. I just wrote a whole blog post on the relationship between schizophrenia and mysticism -- search 'Lightning in an Oak Box'.

I myself have heard a voice that seemed absolutely to speak into my physical ear. It gave a short piece of good advice.