Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-08-2023, 05:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Lightbulb Social skills from a spiritual perspective

Hi, just thinking out loud really, do you think social skills can develop through spiritual opening, for those of us who struggle with it?

I've had someone suggest something to me recently of this sort. That being spiritually open to guidance and intuition, I may be better placed to know what to say and how to act with others in situations that previously eluded me.

I'd like to hear from those for whom this has been true, if you could offer some guidance here. Thanks. ��
Old 09-08-2023, 02:09 AM
Ascender
spiritual development can heal some trauma, I believe,
some traumas can be hindrance to social skill
maybe?
Old 09-08-2023, 07:23 AM
Ascender
Yes, definitely imo.
Meditation and altered states of consciousness help you get some deep rest.
This is beneficial for your entire body, and you can also, indeed, heal past traumas.
So if you practice, you will surely look more peaceful and rested.
You would also understand better people's reactions, most times if they "attack" you they actually talk to themselves.
Understanding the dependent origination of phenomena, getting a slightly detached attitude is good.

But then it can have the opposite effect (the other side of the coin).
Say you look better, your ideas are clear, you managed to heal all your pains ... then other people's suffering can become overwhelming.
Seeing the true face of people is not always a good thing also, it's not about suffering or knowledge,
it's their mentality, (lack of) education, lack of self-control, their ego and life goals that need other people's services and time ...
Jealousy, abuses of all sorts ...
That's when compassion needs to be developed, we're far from it in the occidental societies.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:50 AM
Ascender
people "attack" me actually talk to themselves
this thinking really good one, I often react with negativity,
Old 09-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you, that is helpful.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:08 PM
Ascender
It doesn't mean you should never react either! Or that you can play the victim.
Social interactions can be very complex, involve many many people and you can be put in the middle of much bigger fights than your own interest / views / goals etc
That's why developing wisdom matters, imo.
And the ability to let go, to move on to other things without resentment.
Old 17-12-2023, 07:38 PM
Pathfinder
Definitely. It appears to me my social skills have improved as I learn to align myself with Love in a spiritual way. My process is to meditate on the nature and character of Love every morning. I started with a single mantra said mindfully every day on 9/16/21 (I recorded it in my journal) - "To be rooted in Love is to be comforted. I root myself in Love." For me, learning to love myself has become a lens through which I look at others. Love seeks to look at things from others' perspectives and to appreciate them, even when one doesn't agree. I've benefitted greatly from my practice and add to my mantras all the time as insights come to me, most often during meditation. I rotate them in and out as they are resonating with me. "In Love, feeling well is an important and legitimate part of being well." And, "Love includes Herself in all Her intentions and affections, as everyone. I include myself in Love and all Her good." As I see Her, Love has a distinct nature and character. It hasn't been a great leap to imagine She is also conscious and intelligent - one with me and kind of like an archetype. Pondering the nature and character of Love has helped me include myself - no more and no less than anyone else. As I see Her, She does the same. She desires no glory, only to be seen and valued as much as She does others. She is a creative and intelligent solution-seeker, and I have been discovering these qualities in myself. She always hopes, always believes, and never ceases. There are depths to Love, and riches of magic are found there.