Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-10-2019, 04:07 AM
janielee

I am saying no such things. With respect to you and your path, and that of your loved ones, BigJohn.

Jl
Old 25-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Master
Iddhipada-vibhanga Sutta: Analysis of the Bases of Power

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipi....020.than.html

Quote:
"When a monk has thus developed & pursued the four bases of power, he experiences manifold supranormal powers. Having been one he becomes many; having been many he becomes one. He appears. He vanishes. He goes unimpeded through walls, ramparts, & mountains as if through space. He dives in & out of the earth as if it were water. He walks on water without sinking as if it were dry land. Sitting crosslegged he flies through the air like a winged bird. With his hand he touches & strokes even the sun & moon, so mighty & powerful. He exercises influence with his body even as far as the Brahma worlds.

"He hears — by means of the divine ear-element, purified & surpassing the human — both kinds of sounds: divine & human, whether near or far.

"He knows the awareness of other beings, other individuals, having encompassed it with his own awareness. He discerns a mind with passion as a mind with passion, and a mind without passion as a mind without passion. He discerns a mind with aversion as a mind with aversion, and a mind without aversion as a mind without aversion. He discerns a mind with delusion as a mind with delusion, and a mind without delusion as a mind without delusion. He discerns a restricted mind as a restricted mind, and a scattered mind as a scattered mind. He discerns an enlarged mind as an enlarged mind, and an unenlarged mind as an unenlarged mind. He discerns an excelled mind [one that is not at the most excellent level] as an excelled mind, and an unexcelled mind as an unexcelled mind. He discerns a concentrated mind as a concentrated mind, and an unconcentrated mind as an unconcentrated mind. He discerns a released mind as a released mind, and an unreleased mind as an unreleased mind.

"He recollects his manifold past lives,[3] i.e., one birth, two births, three births, four, five, ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, one hundred, one thousand, one hundred thousand, many aeons of cosmic contraction, many aeons of cosmic expansion, many aeons of cosmic contraction & expansion, [recollecting], 'There I had such a name, belonged to such a clan, had such an appearance. Such was my food, such my experience of pleasure & pain, such the end of my life. Passing away from that state, I re-arose there. There too I had such a name, belonged to such a clan, had such an appearance. Such was my food, such my experience of pleasure & pain, such the end of my life. Passing away from that state, I re-arose here.' Thus he remembers his manifold past lives in their modes & details.

"He sees — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — beings passing away and re-appearing, and he discerns how they are inferior & superior, beautiful & ugly, fortunate & unfortunate in accordance with their kamma: 'These beings — who were endowed with bad conduct of body, speech, & mind, who reviled the noble ones, held wrong views and undertook actions under the influence of wrong views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the plane of deprivation, the bad destination, the lower realms, in hell. But these beings — who were endowed with good conduct of body, speech, & mind, who did not revile the noble ones, who held right views and undertook actions under the influence of right views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the good destinations, in the heavenly world.' Thus — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — he sees beings passing away and re-appearing, and he discerns how they are inferior & superior, beautiful & ugly, fortunate & unfortunate in accordance with their kamma.

"Through the ending of the mental effluents, he remains in the effluent-free awareness-release & discernment-release, knowing & realizing it for himself in the here & now.

"This is how these four bases of power, when developed & pursued, are of great fruit & great benefit."
Old 26-02-2020, 03:11 AM
Master

@ jonesboy ... interesting. I know one who has in part such wisdom and sight.

Old 26-02-2020, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ jonesboy ... interesting. I know one who has in part such wisdom and sight.

Me too
Old 26-02-2020, 03:13 PM
Master
You can buy the Amulet Yantra, used for protection, which is blessed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

You can find the amulet along with a lot of other amulets at https://en.buddhas-magic.com/product...e-dalai-lama-1

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-02-2020, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You can buy the Amulet Yantra, used for protection, which is blessed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

You can find the amulet along with a lot of other amulets at https://en.buddhas-magic.com/product...e-dalai-lama-1

You feel anything with it?
Old 26-02-2020, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You feel anything with it?

With amulets?

Sure.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Why anyone would buy an amulet is beyond me personally, feed a Homeless Person in the Street with the money.
Amulets as an object do not have power, the power they hold is in the holder not the object, a pebble from the beach would be equally ' powerful '.
Old 26-02-2020, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why anyone would buy an amulet is beyond me personally, feed a Homeless Person in the Street with the money.
Amulets as an object do not have power, the power they hold is in the holder not the object, a pebble from the beach would be equally ' powerful '.

I would disagree. Objects can have and do have power.

I have found Buddhist mandalas can hold lot's of power.

Books can have power.

When one is sensitive enough every post in a thread holds energy no matter how long ago it may have happened.

Objects can provide one with direct access to the lineage if you are open enough.
Old 26-02-2020, 04:15 PM
Master
With that being said. I don't feel anything with the amulet. :)