Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Surebys

First attempt at contact...

I have been slack with keeping up my meditation over the past couple of months and would like to try and get into the routine again. Last night after visiting the forums for kind of a "catch up" and reading about a meditation routine for contacting one's spirit guide I thought I'd give it a crack.

It's one of those things where the imagination plays tricks on you, I know, but I think right away I may have had a little feedback. The technique I read called for "breathing out gently through a slightly open mouth" which I didn't find too comfortable, and as I idly wondered if it was okay to just breathe through my nose a message popped into my head saying "that's fine." (could have just been me, I know :P ) after that I became more relaxed.

Perhaps ironically that's the only part of my efforts last night that felt like it could have been anything other than my own imagination, but I just decided to talk about a few things regardless of whether I got any responses. I will keep trying and post any progress.

Peace.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Tammy

Well i think you are doing a fab job!
I dont know if the messages are responses or your own mind. But use them, they will help you regardless, i often get "mind messages" where my mind tells me to focus (esp when visulisation)

Good luck, and keep trying
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Surebys

While trying again last night a funny little thing happened. I took a moment to sit quietly just before bed, my girlfriend was in the room reading her book and she didn't mind me meditating. In my mind I decided once again to speak to my spirit guide, or angel, whatever the term may be. I could hear faintly across the hallway whatever it was that my housemate was watching. It's a funny little coincidence, but the exact moment after I said "I'm not sure if you're going to respond, but I'll just talk anyway", I heard a voice say "I can hear you." - it was from what my housemate was watching!

It freaked my girlfriend out when I told her, but I was kind of amused and spent another couple of minutes just spilling my thoughts in my head.

So, I have to ask the question, will spirit guides/angels sometimes manipulate things and sounds around us in the physical world in order to respond, or was that just a pretty well timed coincidence?

Actually I went on to see something a little disturbing in my dream, which I will ask about in the dream section since its the proper place!

Peace!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Ascender
To ancer your question, yes! They will use things like songs, or even lead you to a book. An example, best one actoly, came from my own guide! I was asking a question when we were first geting to talk to each other. I asked him about things like romance and relationships and if they do happen. That very night I went on the computer and my very first resolt of a google was indeed this very web site and this very thred http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8088

So yes they can give you ancers in like tuns of ways. They do, after all have a persnalaty! :P Just keep your mind open and free and who knows? Your next ancer may come from a convosation you over heard, or from a book you were drawn to! And dreams can bring ancers to. ^^
Old 05-12-2011, 11:06 AM
angelwhispers

i agree with zoclora. guides speak to us in many ways. you asked a question and got an answer and were open enough to realize that it could be an answer.