Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 21-12-2010, 02:04 AM
Greenslade

Supposing, just supposing there was an all-out nuclear war tomorrow and pretty much all of civilisation was wiped out except for a very few survivors. And supposing someone found a coke vending machine in some remote Tibetian village a few thousand years after that war, would the archaeologists think they had found America? What I believe is happening here is that people look at Atlantis from where they stand right now - which isn't wrong but maybe there's another way to look at it. Step back into history a few thousand years and imagine yourself in Atlantean shoes, and think of what has happened between then and now. At the end of Atlantis was the next best thing to that nuclear war where much of the civilisation was pretty much wiped out - apart from the survivors obviously. Although history doesn't have the hard evidence of Atlantis you can see Atlantean influence in many cultures if you believe it existed in the first place. There are cultures with - archaeologically speaking - that would never have met so why do they have similarities in their myths and legends? Why would a Mayan pyramid have the inscription "Tao T'ien" on its walls when history says the two cultures could never have possibly met? 'Tao' means Way (as in the Tao Te Ching) and 'T'ien' means Heaven. The Mayan pyramids were seen as a way to heaven. Why are so many gods common to so many diverse cultures common, so common that the only difference is their names? How does the hieroglyphic depiction of a Harrier jet turn up as a child's plaything on top of a mountain in South America alongside what looks like caterpillar tracks? And the people that found those things struggled to climb it with ropes?

I believe there's a very good reason why there are so many possible locations for Atlantis. Consider how technologically advanced the Atlanteans were, that they had flying machines that could cover great distances with ease. Perhaps what is being found in so many different places is not Atlantis itself but evidence of Atlantean civilisation. We still think of what we have today and compare it to what has come before, but were Atlanteans so constricted by geography and territorial borders as we are today and was the whole planet Atlantean?
Why do so many people have so very vivid memories of Atlantis, even down to one person starting off a tale and another they have never met before being able to finish it? Science is a long, long way from having all the answers.

Imagine what has happened since the destruction of Atlantis. There has been the Deluge that has been told about in the Bible, and many cultures reflect their version of that same event. There must have been massive shifts in the tectonic plates - Scotland and America were once joined, a certain gneiss rock that is only found in North America has also been found in Scotland. How much evidence may have been found but may been hidden away or destroyed for 'our own good'? And if there was a war, wouldn't it be feasible for one side to systematically try to eradicate any traces of the other side?

Perhaps, Chrysaetos, those childhood memories are more true than adult ones because they are untainted by the colouring of such things as the adult need for hard evidence or doubt in ourselves? There is so much in this world that is built upon beliefs with little hard evidence to show for it - ask any religious person or Spiritualist. Atlantis - I believe - will never be found by archaeology. I believe Atlantis will only be found within ourselves. If you believe you are Atlantean - and it is a belief and not a fancy - then you have something of Atlantis inside of you. What Summerland says about being trapped beneath that pillar? I have memories of seeing a woman in that same situation. I believe she is the same woman I saw. Mary Chapman wrote a book about her memories of Atlantis and the Golden Ones, and in one chapter she described a scene where she was being shown round what she thought was a control room of some description. I had dreamt of that very same scene, and remember a woman being shown round as though she was on a guided tour. Call it what you will, but for me that's far too close for comfort. There are numerous examples of when someone has started off a story with "you're going to think I'm crazy but......." and I've finished off their tale for them. Or when two people talk of the exact same scene or situation from memory. Is there a group psychosis going on there or are those memories real?

I believe, Chrysaetos, that whether or not you - or anyone else - believe is important. I believe that the hard evidence of whether or not Atlantis is secondary to what we feel inside. There are those that wish to seek out their own... kin. There is something known as Anam Cara, you can Google it if you like but it's something that has to be experienced rather than defined. That Anam Cara exists between Atlanteans and they always know their own. it matters not if they actually met during their time in Atlantis or not, but that Anam Cara also defines what Atlantis was about. Atlantis was less about the place, more about the concept and the kinship. Atlantis was about integrating higher dimensional energies into the third dimension.
Old 21-12-2010, 03:04 AM
Summerland

Greenslade, I bow and send you a "Namaste". We are One.
Old 21-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Experiencer
Hi Summerland, I tried to respond last night 3 times but stuff kept happening like a breaker would shut of or the children would unplug the PC. I finally gave up after failed attempt after attempt. Lol. I l have not been to but love researching Chaco Canyon. I am such a nerd when it comes to uncovering ancient history! I never realize it until I am trying to tell someone at lunch about my latest discovery and realize they are staring at me blankly as I rattle on. I am so intrigued that I have been aware of these places for some time but never put it together until recently that indeed there was no way that the ancients built these gianormus sites just rolling megaliths on logs. First of all, where did the Egyptians get the logs? Fig trees? Conveinetly the History channel is covering a lot of architectural mysteries lately as well. Check this out:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...9T780J484o-zec
(hopefully that is the correct way to post a pic)
How does this just happen? There is definitely advanced technology here. No mortar-giant stones. Fascinating!
Old 21-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagacat
Hi Summerland, I tried to respond last night 3 times but stuff kept happening like a breaker would shut of or the children would unplug the PC. I finally gave up after failed attempt after attempt. Lol. I l have not been to but love researching Chaco Canyon. I am such a nerd when it comes to uncovering ancient history! I never realize it until I am trying to tell someone at lunch about my latest discovery and realize they are staring at me blankly as I rattle on. I am so intrigued that I have been aware of these places for some time but never put it together until recently that indeed there was no way that the ancients built these gianormus sites just rolling megaliths on logs. First of all, where did the Egyptians get the logs? Fig trees? Conveinetly the History channel is covering a lot of architectural mysteries lately as well. Check this out:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTe4T-YnoHI02NpV7bRmEz4t4VW3OX4G3D_h9T780J484o-zec
(hopefully that is the correct way to post a pic)
How does this just happen? There is definitely advanced technology here. No mortar-giant stones. Fascinating!

Zagacat, getting ready for work, but will check out your links later if there is time at work. I believe that many of these building achievements were done using harmonics and vibrational energy. Once you get into the power of harmonics/vibration, you realize its power. Until we rediscover that power we will be reliant on fossil fuel.
And I know of that feeling that you get when people blankly stare at you; I get that whenever I mention that I have seen a UFO or have seen spirits. But I am getting used to it, much as when I say the name"clark Gable" to a young person.
Archaeologists can't even figure out WHEN the Sphinx or pyriamids were built, much less HOW.
Got to run now! Thanks for writing!
Old 21-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Master
" there was no way that the ancients built these gianormus sites just rolling megaliths on logs. First of all, where did the Egyptians get the logs? Fig trees? Conveinetly the History channel is covering a lot of architectural mysteries lately as well."

Tut, tut Zagacat. You are seeing Egypt as it is now, not as it was in the days of the building of the Pyramids. North Africa used to be a fertile place before the bedouin brought in their goats. Also, ever heard of the Cedars of Lebanon ?
You might also want to think about the megalithic sites in Northern Europe which predate the Pyramids by almost a millenia and they were built using ramps and pulleys and levers - no "mysterious powers", just a good knowledge of basic engineering principles.

The History Channel thats like getting your news from FOX !

Leave you with one final thought. When the neo/mesolithic peoples built their sites like Stonehenge, time was of no consequence ; there were no ElfinSafety twonks : and [ most important !] no accountants.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Supposing, just supposing there was an all-out nuclear war tomorrow and pretty much all of civilisation was wiped out except for a very few survivors. And supposing someone found a coke vending machine in some remote Tibetian village a few thousand years after that war, would the archaeologists think they had found America? What I believe is happening here is that people look at Atlantis from where they stand right now - which isn't wrong but maybe there's another way to look at it.
Exactly! People try to understand Atlantis through modern ideas - advanced technology, nuclear wars, etc. What we have to do is look at the original sources (Plato). Without Plato's account none here would have ever heard about Atlantis. All the New Age authors should thank Plato for this, their ideas derive indirectly (!) from his account.
Quote:
Step back into history a few thousand years and imagine yourself in Atlantean shoes, and think of what has happened between then and now. At the end of Atlantis was the next best thing to that nuclear war where much of the civilisation was pretty much wiped out - apart from the survivors obviously.
Nuclear war? Where? How? Evidence?
Quote:
Although history doesn't have the hard evidence of Atlantis you can see Atlantean influence in many cultures if you believe it existed in the first place. There are cultures with - archaeologically speaking - that would never have met so why do they have similarities in their myths and legends?
Examples..? What is this Atlantean culture? What were the common dresses, buildings, and also the landscape, language, food, wild animals, and climate?
Quote:
Why are so many gods common to so many diverse cultures common, so common that the only difference is their names? How does the hieroglyphic depiction of a Harrier jet turn up as a child's plaything on top of a mountain in South America alongside what looks like caterpillar tracks? And the people that found those things struggled to climb it with ropes?
Cultures around the world have similarities because they deal with similar problems. Many all had to worry about droughts, disasters, disease. Many civilisations build big stuff to reach the sky, because they all looked at the sky with wondering eyes. If there was a common culture, they would have many similarities. But they don't. The pyramids from South America are totally different from those in Egypt. They all had to deal with poisonous snakes. There doesn't always have to be a direct connection between these civilisations
Quote:
Perhaps what is being found in so many different places is not Atlantis itself but evidence of Atlantean civilisation. We still think of what we have today and compare it to what has come before, but were Atlanteans so constricted by geography and territorial borders as we are today and was the whole planet Atlantean?
The whole planet Atlantean? The whole planet (''humanity'') were hunter-gatherers. Pre-historic civilisations are an interesting thought, but again there's a lack of evidence.
Quote:
Why do so many people have so very vivid memories of Atlantis, even down to one person starting off a tale and another they have never met before being able to finish it? Science is a long, long way from having all the answers.
I can't say whether each story is true or not, but often people are either familiar with Atlantis stories, or later in life they are interpreting old memories in such a way.
Quote:
Imagine what has happened since the destruction of Atlantis. There has been the Deluge that has been told about in the Bible, and many cultures reflect their version of that same event.
Really? Or is it just that many cultures had to deal with floods and droughts? Who's saying they all talk about the same thing?
Quote:
There must have been massive shifts in the tectonic plates - Scotland and America were once joined, a certain gneiss rock that is only found in North America has also been found in Scotland. How much evidence may have been found but may been hidden away or destroyed for 'our own good'?
Yes, a very long time ago they were joined.

I can't really comment on very personal experiences, but I am interested in the place and its characteristics. I could do more with that. For instance, there were lots of elephants on Atlantis according to Plato. We should find their bones in the seas, just as they've found mammoth and sabertooth bones in the North Sea. Or they should have found material from their culture. I require something tangible, some real evidence.
Old 21-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Summerland

Well, Chrysaetos, I suppose believing in Atlantis is much like believing in God or Allah. There is no concrete proof,but people believe anyway IF a person has had memories of Atlantis, it is as real to them as anything that has happened to them in this life. I get snatches of details. I don't like to discuss it with someone who hasn't lived there, as corny as it sounds. What I do remember is great beauty, wisdom, much laughter, dancing, healing, temples, caves, great mountains looming in the distance- the tips frosted with snow. The more personal memories I share with very few people.
Neville, I appreciate you opening this thread. It is good to talk about it for most of us, I believe.We learn and share. I have some suggestions for reading material that I had overlooked before.
Old 21-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Exactly! People try to understand Atlantis through modern ideas - advanced technology, nuclear wars, etc. What we have to do is look at the original sources (Plato). Without Plato's account none here would have ever heard about Atlantis. All the New Age authors should thank Plato for this, their ideas derive indirectly (!) from his account.
Nuclear war? Where? How? Evidence? Examples..? What is this Atlantean culture? What were the common dresses, buildings, and also the landscape, language, food, wild animals, and climate?
Cultures around the world have similarities because they deal with similar problems. Many all had to worry about droughts, disasters, disease. Many civilisations build big stuff to reach the sky, because they all looked at the sky with wondering eyes. If there was a common culture, they would have many similarities. But they don't. The pyramids from South America are totally different from those in Egypt. They all had to deal with poisonous snakes. There doesn't always have to be a direct connection between these civilisations The whole planet Atlantean? The whole planet (''humanity'') were hunter-gatherers. Pre-historic civilisations are an interesting thought, but again there's a lack of evidence. I can't say whether each story is true or not, but often people are either familiar with Atlantis stories, or later in life they are interpreting old memories in such a way. Really? Or is it just that many cultures had to deal with floods and droughts? Who's saying they all talk about the same thing? Yes, a very long time ago they were joined.

I can't really comment on very personal experiences, but I am interested in the place and its characteristics. I could do more with that. For instance, there were lots of elephants on Atlantis according to Plato. We should find their bones in the seas, just as they've found mammoth and sabertooth bones in the North Sea. Or they should have found material from their culture. I require something tangible, some real evidence.

In excavations on Crete they found the bones of minature elephants which stood about one mtr high, the teeth prove these were adult animals... the fossils are held at the museum of natural history.

Of course Plato was the first one to describe atlantis, so it's his little brainchild, interestingly though his geometric layout of the city differes greatly form that of those 'lived there'.
Old 21-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In excavations on Crete they found the bones of minature elephants which stood about one mtr high, the teeth prove these were adult animals... the fossils are held at the museum of natural history.
Yes, a species of dwarf elephant lived on various Mediterranean islands.
Old 21-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Master
You cannot "prove" that America and Scotland were once joined because gneiss rock is found in both locations. Gneis, of one form or another, is a common rock found in many locations throughout the world. It formed in the Pre-Cambrian era, about 3 billion years ago.

And, Gem, of course Plato was the first to describe Atlantis, just like Tolkien was the first to describe The Shire.