Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 29-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
We don't have a TV and I don't trust information that is on the net as a lot of it is incorrect and that goes for Wikipedia.
Same goes for New Age websites preaching astrology, galactic federations, crystal skulls and what more.
Using the atlas to justify our beliefs is confirmation bias.
Old 29-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Our inner experiences are influenced by outer stimuli. A Christian will experience a Jesus while meditating and a Hindu might see a Krishna. The culture, beliefs, and ideologies provide us with the raw material out of which we fashion our experiences. Having a personal experience does not mean we are presented with the facts.

Just because I dreamed about spaghetti monsters and purple bears, does not mean they actually exist..

I don't agree with this at all. There's nothing in my background that would even hint at a belief in Atlantis. I was brought up in a literal Spiritual backwater - and still is very much. And personal experience is what this Life is all about - personal experience. Nobody told me that Atlantis existed, I had never come across the name until I started off on this Spiritual Journey. But there was something inside I knew, like an itch I couldn't scratch. I had visions in my head of places and people. I had voices that came along with those visions that told me to remember them, that I would meet the people who would help me make sense of them. I also had a lot more stuff that isn't relevant to a discussion on Atlantis but was only answered a lot later on.

I believe what's happening here is that people are missing the point completely. To me, it doesn't matter where Atlantis was or when, what matters is the kinship of the people - the Anam Cara. Perhaps Atlantis is being used as a focus for that I don't know for sure, but when I have something in my head that resonates deeply with someone else, much of the argument ceases to have much meaning. It's easy to poo-poo it because there's no physical evidence, but then you can do the same with everything in Spirituality and religion. But when you tell a story and someone else resonates with it deeply, or you remember a person in a particular situation, when you can - with someone you've never met before - describe something exactly as they remember it. There has to be something there, subjective/objective or not. If you don't believe in Atlantis then that isn't a problem, your beliefs are your choice. If you choose to close your mind to it all it's your choice too but what what people have in their Hearts and heads, what they feel inside........

To me, it doesn't matter about Atlantis the place, what matters to me is Atlantis the people. What matters is the connections, the memories, the kinship I feel with people who talk about it with such certainty of memory. The Spirit of Atlantis is alive and well, still kicking. By all means detract until the cows come home but it won't stop the feelings. And feelings are more real to me than any facts.
Old 29-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I don't agree with this at all.
How come people always experience those deities they believe in? The culture we live in provides us with the raw material out of which we fashion our experiences.

I can't comment on your experiences and I don't know Atlantis existed. But you are wrong when you think I am close minded. I am looking at this issue from various points of view. For years I was entertained by the idea of a lost mystical civilisation, but so far no evidence has been shown that there was one. In contrast to some rabid believers I actually try to look at these myths historically, biologically, and geologically. I have read Plato's work. I have done my homework on geology. And I know that cultural beliefs can trigger the minds of believers and create the experiences they want. I won't say personal experiences are always untrue, I am merely sceptical about it.

And Atlantis is different from various other spiritual and religious topics. Atlantis is said to have been a physical place on earth, heck, someone even said it was the size of Australia. And then I am close minded for asking a little evidence?
Old 29-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Sira

Well, if there was some mega-sized volcanic activity with tectonic plates moving and shifting, anything is possible. For me it was a big revelation a couple of years ago that the Saharan desert is ancient sea bottom and you can find fossil teeth of Otodus obliquus at the Moroccan mountains. =)
Old 29-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
Well, if there was some mega-sized volcanic activity with tectonic plates moving and shifting, anything is possible.
If it's ''mega'' there would be overwhelming evidence for this activity.
Continents don't just vanish to the depths of the ocean.
Quote:
For me it was a big revelation a couple of years ago that the Saharan desert is ancient sea bottom and you can find fossil teeth of Otodus obliquus at the Moroccan mountains. =)
Yes, and it took a very long time, the Tethys Ocean wasn't gone in a day.
Old 29-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Sira

Hmmm, I think continents and seas switch places quite regularly in the big time frame. And I do not believe for one second that Atlantis existed some 10000 years ago, in my mind something like 100000 years is more accurate. But what do I know, I am a Lemurian and skipped the Atlantis experience altogether =)
Old 29-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Hmmm, I think continents and seas switch places quite regularly in the big time frame. And I do not believe for one second that Atlantis existed some 10000 years ago, in my mind something like 100000 years is more accurate. But what do I know, I am a Lemurian and skipped the Atlantis experience altogether =)

Sira,how interesting...a Lemurian? I have never knowingly met a Lemurian. What do you remember of Lemuria? Off the coast of Japan in the Pacific, wasn't it? Completely not snarking you. I am interested in hearing about it.
Old 29-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
If it's ''mega'' there would be overwhelming evidence for this activity.
Continents don't just vanish to the depths of the ocean.Yes, and it took a very long time, the Tethys Ocean wasn't gone in a day.

Again, you will be astounded and excited to hear that indeed they have found some under water cities outside of the India, japan, in the black see and others, I will find links to some documentaries and post them here when I am on my pc. Stay tuned! (Oh and we r talking continent sized)
Old 29-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagacat
Again, you will be astounded and excited to hear that indeed they have found some under water cities outside of the India, japan, in the black see and others, I will find links to some documentaries and post them here when I am on my pc. Stay tuned! (Oh and we r talking continent sized)
I am not astounded.

India - Yes, they have found the remnants of an old place there. It is close to the coast. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_archaeology_in_the_Gulf_of_Cambay
Japan - It isn't known so far whether it's natural or man made.
Black Sea - Never heard that there were underwater cities there.

All of this has nothing to do with the subject at hand here, and they are very close to the land. Very different from continents the size of Australia vanishing to the depths of the ocean (just imagine it!) in little time, only a few thousand years ago.
Old 29-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Sira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Sira,how interesting...a Lemurian? I have never knowingly met a Lemurian. What do you remember of Lemuria? Off the coast of Japan in the Pacific, wasn't it? Completely not snarking you. I am interested in hearing about it.
Yes, I think all my psychic abilities are from that era because it was an era to experience in a much wider, deeper and higher way than as human. I was not human, I don't think we were even a human-based race, and certainly not as dense as humans. We did not have polarity either so there was never any war, it was a higher level of experience. We had feminine and masculine aspects but I don't remember it being very sexual; sensual yes.
We communed with star nations, charting the Earth to see what kind of species would best inhabit it. We came from the stars, loving this Earth but knowing that when our work is done, we will return to the stars.
Many of us left after our work was done, many decided to stay and continue in an experience called Atlantis. I left but came back after Atlantis, to experience Earth again, this time as human.
Now my work is done again and I will return back to the stars. I love this planet, and I love humankind, the species best suited to experience her.
---
This came from another layer of me, it felt like channeling. And it felt really good!