Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 06-07-2011, 05:13 PM
avenger

Losing weight is as simple as calories in, calories out.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-goal.php

Calculate your calorie target there. Then eat maybe 100-300 calories less than that and you'll lose at least a pound of week (without exercise. with exercise, much more).

As far as exercise, either:

a) 30-45 minutes of brisk walking, OR
b) 30 minutes of jogging, OR
c) 20-30 minutes of running.

Bodyweight exercises are important too, look at doing:

1) Knee push ups
2) Air squats
3) Crunches or sit ups
4) Planking
5) Assisted pull ups (with the help of a chair or stool to stand on)
Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Master
Yoga is very good for your mind, for your body strength wise and flexibility wise and there is yoga that can help you boost your metabolism, in fact even gentle yoga can help make your thyroid and other hormones keep in balance. Most people see people doing yoga that they feel they cannot do (like a back bend where you are standing and touchign your feet) then they say "oh I can't do that" but gentle beginner yoga is very good for you.......
wai lana has a series of beginner yoga that is very good and easy if you are new, or take a class to get the basics so you can do dvds or apps on your own.
Spiritlit.e
Old 08-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Distortedsoundz

I went from 136-8 to fluctuating between 117-123 which is actually a good weight. I did it by cutting the dairy out of my diet and no more restaurant food! Exercizing regularly has always helped but i exercized a lot before, so I say, it all starts in diet and continues with exercize!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

"Lose Weight" Hypnotherapy CD's will help, you'd probably have to put the CD on repeat and just have it in the background all day every day. Hypnotherapy can condition your unconcious with the belief that you are already slim, and this will manifest as your reality. (Law Of Attraction.)

***You might be making the mistake of looking in the mirror and saying to yourself 'I'm fat' perhaps looking at pics of yourself and saying 'I'm fat' every time you do that your attracting/manifesting it that way!***

delete any pics that you feel you look fat in.. just keep the older ones were you looked slim.. you'll realise that's your true figure and manifest it that way.. it's this that you need to do.. forget the diet!

Like attracts like whether we like it or not!
Yeah, maybe that's one of my problems. I am always berating myself when I look in the mirror.

I heard that about the water... I have to keep reading... I've been eating like mad lately, I did what I shouldn't have and ate sweet things and had some blueberry bagels and bam...it starts me on a binge. What a fool I was. Now I need to duct tape my mouth and bust my @ss.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
okay so im about 20 - 30 pounds overweight - nothing awful but i want to get healthier. i've been eating a lot better, more organics, more veggies, etc., and exercising on average 3x a week on my wii fit for a min of 30m a workout (usually more like 45 - 1h) and i ride about 4 horses every weekend (if not more) and clean 4 stalls. yet im NOT losing weight. been at this seriously for about 6 weeks...

initially (this past fall) from sept - nov i lost about 10 pounds with doing nothing extra other than taking vitamins and going back to work ft in an office and eating soups and salads (which i still do). i gained about 8 pounds over the holidays and am just stuck there.

i'm back to taking vit b and others, as well as now i drink tea rather than softdrinks and other garbage, and it still doesn't seem to matter. i'm VERY frustrated.

is there anything else i can do? i am carrying a tigers eye (red) and a tiger iron to help with metabolism but wasn't sure what else i could do to help!?! even massage and reiki are now a regular part of my life that it wasn't this fall. it's most frustrating bc i lost 10 pounds with no effort, and now with a lot more effort im not losing anything at all and even potentially gained a few pounds. please help!

Hi CJ82Sky. Not sure if you're still trying to lose weight. I didn't read the whole thread. Just wanted to put the tips on here that helped me lose 15 pounds a number of years back to reach my ideal weight and keep it off permanently.

1. Eat little mini meals every 3 hours.
2. Start breakfast with at least 1/2 grapefruit (and protein source) every day to jump start metabolism.
3. Drink your lunch (no, not alcohol) Protein Shake (I used chocolate whey mixed with cold water in place of milk)
4. Cut back on bread, pasta, potatoes, crackers and rice
5. Eat your dinner on a small saucer plate (not a full dinner plate). You will be surprised just how much food you cut down on by doing this.
6. I even eat a small bowl of whole grain cereal before going to bed so I don't wake up in the middle of the night hungry.
7. Treat yourself to something special once a week (my treats are pizza or a chocolate bar).
8. Move daily (alternate weight training with aerobic exercise every other day)
9. I don't eat red meat.

That's it for me. Hope it helps. And hope your diet is going well.

Blackraven
Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 AM
Guide
Since this is a spiritual forum you can't go past Marianne Williams book A Course in Weight Loss, 21 Spiritual Lessons. I lost 25lb in 8 months after reading that book. I've been plateaued for the last 6 months, I got to a certain point and I stopped losing, my body adjusted to my new eating habits and like someone else said earlier in this forum, my body might just be happy being at what it feels is it's natural weight. But I digress.

sparkpeople.com is a great website for tracking your food, excercise, water, support group etc and most of all it's free and all the calculations are done for you. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Cheers

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 01-02-2012, 03:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellespirit
Since this is a spiritual forum you can't go past Marianne Williams book A Course in Weight Loss, 21 Spiritual Lessons. I lost 25lb in 8 months after reading that book. I've been plateaued for the last 6 months, I got to a certain point and I stopped losing, my body adjusted to my new eating habits and like someone else said earlier in this forum, my body might just be happy being at what it feels is it's natural weight. But I digress.

sparkpeople.com is a great website for tracking your food, excercise, water, support group etc and most of all it's free and all the calculations are done for you. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Cheers

ellespirit - If you don't mind, what are some of the lessons in Marianne William's Book that helped you lose weight? (Congratulations - 25lbs is a lot of weight!)

Blackraven
Old 01-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Guide
In essence Blackraven, the booked is based on A Course in Miracles. Alot of it is about forgiveness and letting go of anger, hurt, resentment, bitterness that has led us to use food as a crtuch. Learning to love yourself the way you are.

These lessons can be applied for any addict, whether it be alcohol or substance abuse etc.

One thing that struck me is that when you follow the standard "diet" course and eg. you "cheat" on your diet or don't follow it strictly, the usual thing that happens for us all is that we beat ourselves up for being weak in not sticking to it, and then out of guilt give ourselves a treat to feel better... This resonated with me, because that's the reason i've always failed at diets.

So it was a matter of saying it's okay if I slipped up with a moment of weakness and ate that Mars bar, next time i'll try harder. I forgive my momentary lapse, but in the big picture, one Mars bar isn't going to destroy all the good things i've done since I started. On a diet usually at this point you throw in the towel and destroy all the good things you've done up to then.

It's not about denial. It's not about educating you on how to eat, as we all know what we should and shouldn't be eating it's been drummed into us since we were kids.

Marianne says, if you go to a special restaurant and they have a super duper dessert, don't deny yourself having a portion. Enjoy it it's an ocassion. The moment you deny yourself the guilt and resentment of having denied yourself that piece will send you home and before you know it you will be eating a tub of icecream in the kitchen at 2am, cause you can't stop thinking about having to give up the piece of dessert - that is so true, it's happened to me!

Her book was what triggered my spiritual development.. I then sought out and read about the law of attraction, visulisations, prayers and mediation and here I am now developing my psychic ability. I was fortunate enough to meet her also and she's an amazing woman!

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 01-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellespirit
In essence Blackraven, the booked is based on A Course in Miracles. Alot of it is about forgiveness and letting go of anger, hurt, resentment, bitterness that has led us to use food as a crtuch. Learning to love yourself the way you are.

ellespirit - Thanks so much for your explanation. I'm going to recommend the book to my sister who is an all-or-nothing kind of dieter and when she slips it's all over.

Blackraven
Old 02-02-2012, 07:00 PM
iolite

CJ...

I've been trying to lose weight for the last year and it has been a struggle. I'd lose a few pounds then gain one. Since menopause hit, I've steadily gained weight. I'm hypothyroid and have been on desiccated thyroid meds for the last 6 years, so that wasn't it. Recently, I've hurt my knee and have been hitting the pain meds (advil, aleeve) every day, around the clock for 4 months. A month ago, I picked up a kidney detox kit from Renew Life. I've been taking it every day and night and I've lost 12 pounds so far. I am down one pant size. It appears with the inflammation of my injured knee and the pain meds and my hormones being low, I was holding on to toxins. My diet hasn't really changed in the last few years. I eat pretty healthily but now and then I get into my daughter's lunch snacks and cheat (cookies, chips --- oh to be 14 again and eat cookies every day and not gain weight!!) and I'll gain a pound. But as soon as I get back on track, I lose it. I'm so thrilled with the weight loss, I'm going to stay on the kidney detox as long as I'm on the pain meds.