Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Neth Rana

Acid Reflux

I have TERRIBLE acid reflux. I've had it since I was about...12 or 13, though I didn't figure out what it was until I was 15 or so. (I thought it was normal for people to feel sick all the time...) I am a singer, and when it gets really bad, the acid come up and actually burns my vocal chords, making me lose my voice for a bit. I've tried everything to stop it, and while it's definitely a lot better than it used to be, there are still times when I do everything right and it's still really bad. (By everything right I mean I don't drink soda or eat spicy foods, I wait two hours before I lay down after eating, my bed is slightly propped up, all that good stuff.)
Not only does it make me sick, but it really effects my singing, and frankly I'm just really tired of it. I used to be on medicine, but I stopped taking it because I realized it just helps with the heartburn (and causes other side effects,) but doesn't help the actual reflux. I'm also kind of afraid because I'm very young to have it so bad...I know a lot of people end up with it when they get older and I'm afraid of what that means for me! I'm afraid it's going to cause a lot of health problems for me down the road, with the constant acid wearing away at my tummy. Does anyone know any natural remedies that could help me? I'm really desperate for some relief and would love some help. Thank you in advance!

-Neth Rana