Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 16-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Knower

Typical Twin Flame stuff?

Met my TF in November, was married, but had an immediate connection with him. I didn't know about twin flames then, but knew I had known him before in past loves and had this pure love for him. It wasn't necessarily romantic or platonic, it was just simply love. He felt the same and then we discovered twin flames.

We met in person in March, along with my husband, and we all got along. After we all returned home (he's two states away) my TF confessed his deep love for me. I had been having issues in my marriage before even meeting my TF, and at that time just wanted to leave my marriage and be with my twin flame.

In early May he confessed that he went on a date and everything changed when he met her and he no longer had romantic feelings anymore. I was heartbroken amd was quite depressed. We tried to be friends but it was awkward because I was still hurt so I stopped for a week. We talked again and it seemed better, and I felt ready to be friends. I accepted his new relationship and wanted to build a friendship based on our other shared interests, like art and the outdoors. But he got very distant suddenly and started ignoring me. At first I tried to get answers and communicate, but then as a chaser realized I needed to stop chasing. I did and we went weeks without communication. I didn't ever hate him during that time, but I went through stages of grief in losing a friendship, but ultimately felt that if he didn't respect me as a friend, which is how I felt when he shut me out, it wasn't healthy for me.

Last weekend I got stranded during a hike alone and wad able to contact anyone for a day and a half. After becoming concerned my husband contacted my twin flame to see if he had heard from me. When I got back home and charged my phone I got my twin flames messages. We talked and he asked what happened, but I remained very guarded. He told me with time he felt in a better place now amd hated how much he had hurt me. He confessed that the reason he started avoiding/ignoring me was because when we talked he realized he still had romantic feelings for me, which he had thought were gone. They were too strong and he couldn't control them, and not being in control of things makes him anxious. He said he wanted to focus on his relationship with her and couldn't do it while having such strong feelings for me. He says he is in a better place now and wants to pursue a friendship, and I have to admit he doesn't seem cold and distant like he did.

Is this classic twin flame stuff? I feel that I trust him as my twin, but am uncertain about being friends and feel je would need to earn my trust back in that sense. I worry we will build a friendship and his feelings will get too strong again and he will leave, hurting me again. Do I open myself to this friendship with him, or do I close this to avoid being hurt again? I feel my romantic feelings for him have been controlled and that I am able to maintain platonic boundaries and be happy for him and his new relationship.

However, deep down I just know that if my husband and I are not able to work things out and my twin flame is ever single again, my feelings would resurface. I often wonder if the same goes for him. I feel guilty because if his feelings for me are this strong, he isn't fully emotionally committed to his new relationship, which seems unfair to her, especially if she feels that deeply about him. Oddly, my biggest fear is him being in a relationship with someone who doesn't love, care about, and support him completely.

I kind of wish my husband hadn't texted him. We probably would still be out of contact now. Do I become the runner now?

Last edited by DaisySunshine : 17-06-2017 at 01:00 AM.
Old 17-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Experiencer

Twin flame or emotional affair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisySunshine
Met my TF in November, was married, but had an immediate connection with him. I didn't know about twin flames then, but knew I had known him before in past loves and had this pure love for him. It wasn't necessarily romantic or platonic, it was just simply love. He felt the same and then we discovered twin flames.

We met in person in March, along with my husband, and we all got along. After we all returned home (he's two states away) my TF confessed his deep love for me. I had been having issues in my marriage before even meeting my TF, and at that time just wanted to leave my marriage and be with my twin flame.

In early May he confessed that he went on a date and everything changed when he met her and he no longer had romantic feelings anymore. I was heartbroken amd was quite depressed. We tried to be friends but it was awkward because I was still hurt so I stopped for a week. We talked again and it seemed better, and I felt ready to be friends. I accepted his new relationship and wanted to build a friendship based on our other shared interests, like art and the outdoors. But he got very distant suddenly and started ignoring me. At first I tried to get answers and communicate, but then as a chaser realized I needed to stop chasing. I did and we went weeks without communication. I didn't ever hate him during that time, but I went through stages of grief in losing a friendship, but ultimately felt that if he didn't respect me as a friend, which is how I felt when he shut me out, it wasn't healthy for me.

Last weekend I got stranded during a hike alone and wad able to contact anyone for a day and a half. After becoming concerned my husband contacted my twin flame to see if he had heard from me. When I got back home and charged my phone I got my twin flames messages. We talked and he asked what happened, but I remained very guarded. He told me with time he felt in a better place now amd hated how much he had hurt me. He confessed that the reason he started avoiding/ignoring me was because when we talked he realized he still had romantic feelings for me, which he had thought were gone. They were too strong and he couldn't control them, and not being in control of things makes him anxious. He said he wanted to focus on his relationship with her and couldn't do it while having such strong feelings for me. He says he is in a better place now and wants to pursue a friendship, and I have to admit he doesn't seem cold and distant like he did.

Is this classic twin flame stuff? I feel that I trust him as my twin, but am uncertain about being friends and feel je would need to earn my trust back in that sense. I worry we will build a friendship and his feelings will get too strong again and he will leave, hurting me again. Do I open myself to this friendship with him, or do I close this to avoid being hurt again? I feel my romantic feelings for him have been controlled and that I am able to maintain platonic boundaries and be happy for him and his new relationship.

However, deep down I just know that if my husband and I are not able to work things out and my twin flame is ever single again, my feelings would resurface. I often wonder if the same goes for him. I feel guilty because if his feelings for me are this strong, he isn't fully emotionally committed to his new relationship, which seems unfair to her, especially if she feels that deeply about him. Oddly, my biggest fear is him being in a relationship with someone who doesn't love, care about, and support him completely.

I kind of wish my husband hadn't texted him. We probably would still be out of contact now. Do I become the runner now?

You would know better than anyone after examining all the facts/feelings.
However, I have noticed that a lot of married people are susceptible to getting tired up, confused, mixed up or whatever between genuine soulmate and emotional affair. It's a "grass is always greener on the other side" type if thing. You only have the good parts of a relationship but none of the bad stuff because you aren't actually with them. To heighten the effect the more you open up to them, the more of a barrier you put knowingly or unknowingly between you and the person you already with. After reading about both of them you will know. Ultimately you will know better than any body but just make sure you are well informed on all aspects before jumping to conclusions!
Old 17-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Experiencer

Twin flame or emotional affair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisySunshine

You would know better than anyone after examining all the facts/feelings.
However, I have noticed that a lot of married people are susceptible to getting tired up, confused, mixed up or whatever between genuine soulmate and emotional affair. It's a "grass is always greener on the other side" type if thing. You only have the good parts of a relationship but none of the bad stuff because you aren't actually with them. To heighten the effect the more you open up to them, the more of a barrier you put knowingly or unknowingly between you and the person you already with. After reading about both of them you will know. Ultimately you will know better than any body but just make sure you are well informed on all aspects before jumping to conclusions!
Old 17-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Maybe he still loves you but is running because your married, and is doing whats best for both of you. Men can hide their feelings a lot better then woman. I would say it's a sign that you need to work on your marrage, and know that your twin still loves you deep down.
Old 17-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Knower

I'm not sure I'll ever figure out everything. But I decided I'm gonna run too.
Old 18-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Master
Before leaving a marriage or not, you have to see if breaking up is beneficial for you or not, even if i think when you are married and you fall in love with another means there are issues in the marriage, not really in love with him/her and such. Usually if you are really in love you wouldn't never notice romantically other people in my opinion, i don't believe in polyamorous relationships except very rare cases where all the parties are involved and consented to it. Just think a lot about this, we don't know if your TF would stop running sooner or later.