Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Lost_TeddyBear

Question Does ANYONE here believe JESUS was a savior?

Does anyone in these forums believe in the Christian teaching about JESUS being the "son of God" who supposedly died for our sins? I am just new and curious.

Thanks

DAVID
Old 16-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Enlightener

IMHO Jesus came to this world to save us of our 'sins', being that he helped us to remember who we are. Our sins are not rules set by some exterior source, but our very own creations in life. I think that is what he was trying to say.
Also, Jesus told us that he was the 'son of God' to show us that we are all 'sons and daughters' of God, a part of his teachings which were somehow left out of the bible.
Also, IMO; the reason he died on the cross to 'save our souls' from sin was just his way of showing us that we can accomplish anything. Jesus could have stopped his persecutors from nailing him to that cross at any moment he wished, though he chose to go through with it so that he could show us just how powerful we really are. By proceeding to get nailed to a cross, one of the most painful and drawn-out deaths of the time, he depicted himself as a 'saviour', he 'saved' us from our own limited beliefs about life.

A lot of the teachings in the bible have been edited out to suit the agenda of the church, and the prime beliefs distorted. Though some of the fragments of Jesus' life story can be glimpsed at if one understands what he was trying to teach and what he acheived in his life.

Enlightener
Old 16-12-2006, 03:29 PM
cweiters

I totally agree with you enlightener Jesus is a savior of example. A living demonstration of how powerful choice can be. According to the Bible humans are the only creatures God made on earth with the power of choice.

It is my belief that having this powerful ability of choice,
"opens the door to many different realities."

Thank you enlightner, it feel so good to hear someone else say we all are the direct son's and daughter's of God. Jesus life here was an everlasting demonstration of faith, teaching us to know we are eternal. Just as Jesus was known for the mericle's he performed greater works we shall do also. I believe this fact is true.

Love to all
cw

Last edited by cweiters : 16-12-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 16-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
Jesus told us that he was the 'son of God' to show us that we are all 'sons and daughters' of God, a part of his teachings which were somehow left out of the bible.
Thank you for that!!! My dh & I got into a discussion about that...I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way!

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 17-12-2006, 08:05 AM
dreamer

Hey David,

If you had asked me that question 3 years ago I would have been very sceptical, I would probably have said that Jesus was a great man but that the church had so twisted his teachings that it was hard to know what he was. But now I would say this - Jesus whole life was a demonstration that we are all sons of God, he gave an example of what we are all capable of, an example that if we had not had it would have left us scratching around frustrated for ages. In this way he is undoubtadly a saviour, he brought a whole new way of being to the attention of everyone in the world and with the leaps being made in scientific understanding that are leading to an exponential explosion in meta awareness we are just about to see the benifits IMO.
Old 18-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Pounamu

Yes, I feel that Jesus was an Exemplar of the way of Divine Love, in relating to all men and women as brothers and sisters, and we can regard that principle as a saviour (if we are willing to take it up in our own lives); but the emphasis is still on "we must do it ourselves - no one can do it for us"; and if you regard us as being in an educational experience, that makes sense, in my humble opinion.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:34 AM
Yamada Masato

Yes, I do, he is God, he is the Saviorm he is the One The Only The Truth The Way and the Life....
Old 02-01-2007, 06:35 AM
Monkey

Hi everyone,

I'm Christian and I think that there is only one path to God and Jesus followed that path and many others from all different religions and no religions travel the same path to varying degrees of success. For me, Jesus was the most successful and was the Perfect example of how to live our lives and how to live in Peace, Love and Hope. Its not that others haven't achieved this level or near this level, its that I can't follow every religion, Enlightened master, etc, so for me, JC is all I need. I don't feel antagonistic towards other religions, don't have any desire to convert and happy to have each person follow their own paths to God, and I will follow mine.

The Bible while inspired was written by imperfect men, thousands of years ago so while I read the Bible, I do not take every sentence literally or base my thoughts and life decisions on everything that is written. However, the overall or bulk of the story suggests to me that Jesus was indeed an Exemplar of how we should conduct our lives and how to live in Love and Hope.

And I don't think he sacrificed his life for us, I think he desperately wanted to continue to live but had a sense of what was to come. Ordinary human beings can't handle that amount of Truth and Purity of Being, of course we were going to snuff him out. He was just being Himself and those around him couldn't take it. They still can't, which is why so much of Christianity today is twisted into a religion of hatred rather than love. But I live in hope.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:11 AM
traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
Also, Jesus told us that he was the 'son of God' to show us that we are all 'sons and daughters' of God, a part of his teachings which were somehow left out of the bible.

Not entirely left out, Enlightener.

There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.
And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
- Mark. Chapter 3. Verses 31-35 (KJV)

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.
- Romans. Chapter 8. Verses 16-17 (KJV)

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
- I John. Chapter 3. Verse 2. (KJV)

There are many other places in the Bible which say the same thing. My favorite, though, is this:

Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
- Matthew. Chapter 5. Verse 9. (KJV)
Old 08-01-2007, 11:37 AM
dreamer

i've learned not to be too judgemental about the religious spin you perceive, everything is perfect, without untruths truths would not be sought.
Closed Thread