Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-08-2013, 10:51 PM
NinaDenise

reading people on the street??

I have a question. This may seem odd, maybe not. I will do my best to describe my experiences. I sometimes feel as though I can sense where people are mentally while walking past them, or seeing them on the bus. The other day, I was on the bus, and this man was sitting a few seats away. I felt this strong urge to surround him with a white light and pray for him. I did, and felt 'better' afterwards. It was strange. Sometimes, I can just feel people being annoyed or irritated also. People that don't show any physical signs of being distraught in any way. For example, today at the library, a woman was putting books away close to where I was. I immediately turned to look at her and I could sense almost a disgust . It was very bizarre. As if she was bothered to be there, doing what she was doing.
Can this be real, or are these just random things that are popping into my head that I need to push out? I've been noticing more and more of these types of moments lately. Please help me understand!
Old 30-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Juanita

It sounds like you may be an empath.
Old 30-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Yamah

You should talk to these people when you sense them and freak them out. I've done that a couple times - had to work up the nerve but if you can muster it it's VERY rewarding.
Old 30-08-2013, 04:30 PM
NinaDenise

Juanita- empath eh? Ok, is there a difference between reading people's energy and being an empath? And what is the difference between an empath an psychic?

Yamah- lol have you done this before?
Old 30-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaDenise
Juanita- empath eh? Ok, is there a difference between reading people's energy and being an empath? And what is the difference between an empath an psychic?

Yamah- lol have you done this before?

I believe that there is a big difference between being an empath and being psychic, but one could develop psychic abilities... Empaths feel and sense things about a person, psychics often are able to see things, ie. a job change, a relationship situation, etc...
Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
NinaDenise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I believe that there is a big difference between being an empath and being psychic, but one could develop psychic abilities... Empaths feel and sense things about a person, psychics often are able to see things, ie. a job change, a relationship situation, etc...

Ok, I see. I was told I am a medium, but I'm not sure as I only really sense mostly. I've seen shadows and strange lights but never anything more then that. What is a good way to minimize sensing negativity, or dealing with it?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Yamah

Mediums sense and communicate more easily with Spirits. They are individuals who can more readily see through the veil to the spirit world and thus all interactions are easier. The spirit world has a lot of bad spirits in it, especially the level that humans can interact with (good spirits tend to ascend to higher worlds).

The only way to minimize sensing negativity is to close off your psychic senses completely. Otherwise you need to learn how to deal with it. The best way is to learn how to deal with negative spirits and energies is to interact with jerks and a-holes in this world. The same basic rules apply to dealing with bad spirits as dealing with bad people.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Ivy

I get this Nina, and I feel you did the right thing trusting yourself and sending light to the man on the bus.

It's hard to keepup with what spiritual labels are. But from what I can gather empathy is sensing emotion and psychic simply goes deeper into the inner journey and understands more about why a person feels this way, and what it means in their life, and where it might be leading them etc.

There seems to be a lot of people who are told (usually in readings) that they are either mediums or healers. It always seems a bit suspicious to me. You know what you sense and if you follow your intuition (as you did with the man), it will always tell you when to step in and when to simply step back and understand what you are sensing.

Have you ever tried doing readings for people?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:44 AM
heartsmart

I always know what people around me are feeling and what they're like, but I strongly disagree that its due to a psychic feature. I think its about being overly perceptive to body language, which is something we can all learn... I'm glad it fell on me naturally though, its very useful
Old 10-09-2013, 11:41 PM
NinaDenise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Mediums sense and communicate more easily with Spirits. They are individuals who can more readily see through the veil to the spirit world and thus all interactions are easier. The spirit world has a lot of bad spirits in it, especially the level that humans can interact with (good spirits tend to ascend to higher worlds).

The only way to minimize sensing negativity is to close off your psychic senses completely. Otherwise you need to learn how to deal with it. The best way is to learn how to deal with negative spirits and energies is to interact with jerks and a-holes in this world. The same basic rules apply to dealing with bad spirits as dealing with bad people.

Thank you. I fully understand now, with basic rules applying with bad spirits as bad people. I just always find myself feeling, sensing, knowing. It's bizarre that it just turns up out of nowhere and can make you feel almost grossed out or very sad for someone you don't even know.