Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Closed Thread

Old 30-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Noughts

Overcoming Fear Of Astral Projection

I did search these forums, but I couldn't find anything specifically to help me. If there is another post like this, I'd appricate a link. =]

So the other night, I was laying in bed just concentrating on visualising a bright light and making it brighter (and so on) when I got the vibrations again. I've experienced this before and felt like I was falling out of my body until I got too scared and was pulled back.

This time I felt like I was floating, and then the fear started kicking in again. I tried to move, I tried to make a noise or something but had no luck (sleep paralysis I'm guessing). When I was able to open my eyes, I caught my breath before closing them again and the vibrations started happening again. I concentrated on keeping my breathing steady but the fact that I couldn't open my eyes was scaring me so much I could feel my heart pounding. When I did open my eyes, I could see my room as if I were a couple of inches higher than where I was lying.

After the experience (and after I had calmed down), I wanted to try it again even though I was scared but had no luck.

Is there a way I can help myself overcome the fear of astral projection? Also, is there a way I control the direction I leave my body (floating upwards / falling downwards)?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:50 AM
dreamer

Hey Noughts,

the best advice i got was to remember it is all in your mind, you are in effect falling out of your body and into you mind (the universal mind which we all share) An interesting perspective is that the universe is your mind made manifest, this gives you more control. In my experience trusting your highest self/God and learning to let go/surrender is the quickest way to encouraging experiences and third eye meditation where you fix your eyes on the point between the eyes whilst keeping the lids closed also has a powerful effect. Persevere and it will come, but i would say you astrally project every night when you dream without any fear, all you are doing here is falling asleep whilst staying awake if that makes sense? Certainly makes it less scary for to see it this way. All is dream.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Dariel

Hi,

The best way always to overcome fear is knowledge. We tend to fear everything we are not familiar with. I myself just found a book written by Robert Bruce about this subject and it really seems first one which is describing things in an easy and simple way. Maybe it could help you. Myself I have found many answers even thought I am not even finished yet.

The opening of eye -problem as happened to me as well. I could not do it but when I finally could, partially, I got flashes standing in the middle of the room. If the consciousness is in the other energybody that moment, it is natural that you cannot move yourself :) There is actually many of those energybodies and you might be projecting one of many even without noticing. The biggest problem seem to be recalling the things properly.

One thing, never attempt these things without prayer and proper help from lightbeings to be protected from all possible side effects.

Lots of light
Dariel
Old 13-12-2006, 08:22 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

I can only share my own experiences, but.. it has been made clear to me that we "travel" nowhere.. we simply become aware of the "non-local" self at some other place.. The non-local self is more often referred to as the spirit aspect of our experience.. we exist, energetically, everywhere and at all times.. what we call "astral projection" is more like "Astral Awareness", where we simply become aware of our energetic being at some other place or "time" in the Unified Whole.. A remarkable gift that is not very difficult to cultivate..

Be well..
Old 15-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Phoenix

Astral travel is one of those topics that is filled with remarkable stories of those that have experienced it. One of my closest girlfriends does this regularly, and I’ve questioned her at length about her take on it.

To be very candid, I’ve never astral traveled. And, interestingly enough, I don’t feel I’m missing out on anything. To this day, I have yet to find a really compelling reason to do it – maybe I’ll find one here on the SpiritualForum! I’m certainly open to new information on the subject. But so far, I don’t see the draw.

With complete respect to those that like to practice this activity, I’m curious as to what your motivation is. How does astral travel add positivity and value to one’s spiritual evolution? Most of the things I read make it sound like the Astral is a “catch all” for all sorts of spiritual soap operas, but not much else.

Maybe there is someone here that can provide some insight. How does astral travel help a spiritual being show more compassion, for example, or live in a deeper level of peace with themselves and all sentient beings?
Old 16-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Dariel

[quote=Phoenix][size=3][color=#000000][font=Times New Roman]Astral travel is one of those topics that is filled with remarkable stories of those that have experienced it. One of my closest girlfriends does this regularly, and I
Old 18-12-2006, 01:28 AM
deltawaves

Dear Phoenix & Dariel,
I too have spontaneously been astral travelling for several years now. It all started happening through the dream state, the parlaysis, high pitched noises, bubbling of energy throughout my body, up the spine and then the lift off out of my body through other dimensions. The dark tunnel, then amazing light and geometrics, voices, the liquid atmosphere. It is really scary for a while until you get the hang of it and realise you can pull back in when you need to. I asked the same questions as you , what is it all for? I felt that astral travelling proves to my enquiring mind that the power of manifestation really is through thought. On the astral level you think it and instantly it is there, all your fears, fantasy's everything. To me it shows me how we create what we think. It happens instanly on the astral and a lot slower back here in 3D land, but the principles are the same. So I use the astral and higher planes in particular as a learning platform, some of the trips I've been on have shown me the most mind blowing equations, maps, past lives, future lives and deaths and teachings.
It really is a beautiful experience and perhaps comes to those of us who have done it before through many lifetimes of working with spirit.

Enjoy !! x
Old 18-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Phoenix

thanks for the replies, Dariel and Delta :)

How interesting that this experience is something that happened to both of you without your expressed intent! Dariel, you've said that you had no other choice but learn to deal with it, or navigate it or whatever. And Delta, you mentioned the fear involved as well.

These two comments sort of wrap up what is probably my biggest question mark on this issue. See, as old school as it may be (and a throwback from my fundamentalist days perhaps?), I am unfamiliar with a Divine Energy that does anything to us against our freewill, or that engenders 'fear' on a regular basis. Love is the antithesis of fear...and "Love" is how I most closely define Godd.

Would Godd force 'astral projection' on us, creating fear and other sorts of confusion, until we learn to live with it?

Delta, your experiences in particular are fascinating as you say you use the astral as a learning platform. I TOTALLY get the symbology of conscious co-creation - as I do believe we are the creators of our reality - and I can see where entering another realm of existance to experience the reality of time-less-ness would be so beneficial. But is it that you are literally entering another dimension or - perhaps - are you tapping into Universal Consciousness?

I may have to attempt this at home! LOL ;)

Namaste!
Closed Thread