Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 18-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharmoniouscrow

But I really appreciate you saying that, especially since we've both had major changes to our brains and we've lived through the rewiring and come out stranger, but stronger too, on the other side :)

As for my waffle about crows - I think my point was lost in the flood of words... I didn't mean that I have a CALLING, to work with crows or injured animals,etc - whatever it was that it appeared as. I was trying to ask/convey if I was somehow "spoken to" by the Goddess and set on this path. That was my question, really :) Sorry it got lost in translation!

And yes - horses are amazing creatures. Truly in tune with us, despite ourselves. I miss my interactions with them immensely.
I do have something of a relationship like that with my dogs, but it's not quite the same.

THC

Those who have had brain damage are in a category all their own. We are different than we once were. The same only different. The journey back to health is a long and frustrating one as we relearn how to function "normally" again. Now for me, there is a deep appreciation for what is normally taken for granted.

Well, I don't interact with the crows but I do have ducks. About 20 at the time. And I find them very spiritual creatures. Yes, they interact with one another in the normal way squabbling and picking at each other (ducks have a pecking order), but have you ever seen a bird send up praise? They have this habit of throwing their heads up heavenward and clicking their bills. They will sometimes do this for 5 minutes at a time. And sometimes you will get 2-5 in a circle doing it at the same time. I've read in my research (and there isn't much on it) it is a sign of contentment. To me they are thanking Universe for their happiness. And I do have happy ducks.

Whenever I tell people I have ducks they look puzzled. They don't see why anyone would have ducks. Chickens don't get that response. But ducks do. But whenever anyone comes to my house and see my ducks walking all over the place, searching out bugs, swimming or seeking out shady place to take a nap, they get it. You can feel the serene atmosphere that ducks bring.

See, now I'm the long-winded one.
Old 18-08-2015, 12:23 PM
theharmoniouscrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F
Your post was very eloquent.

NB perhaps you should consider it??

I have put up my "snippets" online for all and sundry to read (and even use, for inspiration, if they so choose) but perhaps, after our big move (across continents and oceans) in a few weeks time, I will settle down to some writing...

I will keep you posted, if you like?

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 18-08-2015, 12:27 PM
theharmoniouscrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Those who have had brain damage are in a category all their own. We are different than we once were. The same only different. The journey back to health is a long and frustrating one as we relearn how to function "normally" again. Now for me, there is a deep appreciation for what is normally taken for granted.

Well, I don't interact with the crows but I do have ducks. About 20 at the time. And I find them very spiritual creatures. Yes, they interact with one another in the normal way squabbling and picking at each other (ducks have a pecking order), but have you ever seen a bird send up praise? They have this habit of throwing their heads up heavenward and clicking their bills. They will sometimes do this for 5 minutes at a time. And sometimes you will get 2-5 in a circle doing it at the same time. I've read in my research (and there isn't much on it) it is a sign of contentment. To me they are thanking Universe for their happiness. And I do have happy ducks.

Whenever I tell people I have ducks they look puzzled. They don't see why anyone would have ducks. Chickens don't get that response. But ducks do. But whenever anyone comes to my house and see my ducks walking all over the place, searching out bugs, swimming or seeking out shady place to take a nap, they get it. You can feel the serene atmosphere that ducks bring.

See, now I'm the long-winded one.

I totally hear you about not taking life and certain simple things for granted.
I am me, but I am definitely different to the me I was before my accident.
I have a great compassion for people who struggle with mental issues, that's for sure. It's the "invisible" injury (I do have a few scars from the accident, but nothing majorly visible) and it's hard to explain to people sometimes.
It's take 10 years for my mind to "settle" and for me to arrive at my "new normal" :)
It's nice to know you understand!

I love ducks too! And geese as well! They are intelligent (in their own way) and very loyal and adoring, if you treat them right. I would love to see your ducks one day :)

Long winded? Ha ha ha! You jest, surely!
Your post wasn't even a quarter of mine :)
And once again, I appreciate the reply!
Old 18-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Master

Hi TheHarmoniousCrow, a Warm Welcome to SF, I wish you a Wonderful Spiritual Journey here!
Old 18-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Master

I might suggest the book My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor. And excellent, excellent read. My therapist who helped me understand my new brain suggested it back then.

This woman had a stroke and subsequently suffered severe brain damage as you describe. The book is about her recovery.

I was lucky. I had West Nile Meningitis. The doctor said my brain was literally sitting in pus. That and the pressure on my brain caused my brain damage. My recovery only took a year! I so admire you! 10 years! You rock!

My posts are usually very short and sweet (except in the Good Morning! thread). Mostly I am ignored which is just fine by me. But not always. I say my piece and move on.
Old 18-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by theharmoniouscrow
I have put up my "snippets" online for all and sundry to read (and even use, for inspiration, if they so choose) but perhaps, after our big move (across continents and oceans) in a few weeks time, I will settle down to some writing...

I will keep you posted, if you like?

Thanks for the encouragement!

That would be great!
Old 18-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Pathfinder
Glad to meet you!

Hi, thanks for sharing some amazing pieces of your life. I have also just joined. I definitely can relate to you in many ways, deep connection to woods and animals, and also feel a special connection with birds. The sparrows around here are great friends to me. They seem to know when I am sad because they will fly and land around me watching and singing. I love them so much. When I am out hiking I find feathers a lot. Most recently found a hawk feather, what a special gift. How beautiful that you rescue and heal animals, so wonderful. Will look forward to seeing you here
Old 20-08-2015, 12:43 PM
theharmoniouscrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by love9
Hi TheHarmoniousCrow, a Warm Welcome to SF, I wish you a Wonderful Spiritual Journey here!

Thank you very much for reading and responding!
Old 20-08-2015, 12:44 PM
theharmoniouscrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F
That would be great!

Awesome :) I will do my best to remember...
If not - you can always check out my website, if you want to. Everything I do goes up there (Eventually!)
Old 20-08-2015, 12:51 PM
theharmoniouscrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I might suggest the book My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor. And excellent, excellent read. My therapist who helped me understand my new brain suggested it back then.

This woman had a stroke and subsequently suffered severe brain damage as you describe. The book is about her recovery.

I was lucky. I had West Nile Meningitis. The doctor said my brain was literally sitting in pus. That and the pressure on my brain caused my brain damage. My recovery only took a year! I so admire you! 10 years! You rock!

My posts are usually very short and sweet (except in the Good Morning! thread). Mostly I am ignored which is just fine by me. But not always. I say my piece and move on.

I don't think most people realise just how dangerous West Nile is... I've known a few people who have passed away because of the damage done to their brains and bodies. You must be very strong to have come back from that!
I will go look up that book right now on Amazon, thanks for the suggestion!
I mostly blundered through my recovery with no help whatsoever, but did find a fellow sufferer (also a horse rider who had had a nasty accident like mine) and we bonded over early morning coffee for a few weeks (she is a Kiwi, but was in the country as she was married to a South African) and sat on the stoep (porch) of the little farm house I was house sitting for a friend. Misty mornings, watching the Guinea Fowl flock through the wet grass, and the horses eating their breakfasts - these were great therapy for both of us.
Otherwise, my recovery was aided by Bach's Rescue Remedy (to stop the panic attacks) and Alexander Technique (for both mental and physical correction) to help with the depression and intense physical discomfort from the accident.
I do try and keep my posts short, but sometimes I can't stop myself from explaining things (that sometimes don't really need to be explained to others, but it makes me feel better to explain them)
Nothing wrong with short posts.
:)