Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 09-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Before I go off for an extended period of time..

About that "ancient air conditioning" thing..

I just stumbled upon an old CNN newsreel from 2012 showing how the stepwell architecture can be engineered to produce sustainable dwellings with an interior up to 20 degrees cooler without crippling power costs, high carbon footprint and damage to the environment:

https://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/28/w...ure/index.html

When we look at all the things that the West gave India, we have to ask ourselves "at what cost?" Is destroying Mother Earth justified so that we can have a "comfortable life"? because this is more of a consumerist idea...a mleccha idea over a true Hindu ideology, isn't it? Hindus work WITH nature and not against it.

There is so much more I could say here, but I also realise now that "here" is definitely not the place to share my knowledge...it is akin to urinating against the wind.

फिर मिलेंगे

Aum Namah Shivaya

Come to the point. It is not about air conditioning or present Western generation . It is about love and dedication towards work. In most of Indian Gov. offices, the officers are corrupt and do not do their work, whereas European Offices are not infected with it.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Honestly, I think your information is outdated.

I've been to Udaipur and a few of the painting schools there. Their work is far superior to anything produced in London nowadays. Western art has been in serious decline for decades now.

Ditto with Engineering and Science. The best universities are filled to the brim with Asians and they outdo their Western peers by a considerable margin. Europeans and North Americans are by and large lazy and entitled, unwilling to work as hard as their Asian peers. Western civilization has produced some wonderful things, as well as quite a lot of destruction and suffering, but its best days are clearly behind it. The situation is worst in the UK and the US were people are visibly regressing to some sort of pre-human state, barely able to speak and write coherently, let alone make sense of the world around them, which is why we now have Trump and Brexit. A hundred years ago, our ancestors were scarily smart, resilient and diligent compared to the bumbling idiots we have become. A high-school graduate a century ago was far more educated and cultured than graduates from the best universities in the West today. This is not just me saying it, there are studies to prove it.

In past 140 million years, this world has been ruled by Muslims for 40m yrs, by Indians for 40m yrs and by Europeans 60m yrs. So this cycle goes on.

Until recently Rama (19.4 m yrs) ruled this earth, and his Governors Biket, Brazil, Gaul named Britain, Brazil, France after their own. The legacy of Rama continues till date in the form of Rama Leela / Ramayan in many countries of the world. Rama's Empire continued through Alexander when he was defeated by Puru an Indian King, till about 1000 Ad when Muslims invaded India.

When the people of a nation deviate from love and dedication towards work and take to luxury, they are subdued by stronger arms. At present Europeans are ruling the world but would soon lose it to India. And the cycle goes on.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Why do Hindus NOT LOVE THEIR WORK

Hi Everyone,
It is a very big topic but i got something which explain better. So watch it in Youtube.

write in YouTube "Why Hindus Need to Develop Some Ground Rules That Must Not Be Compromised"
Old 10-10-2019, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahruddinkhan
Hi Everyone,
It is a very big topic but i got something which explain better. So watch it in Youtube.

write in YouTube "Why Hindus Need to Develop Some Ground Rules That Must Not Be Compromised"
Namaste.

That Sham Sharma video was very interesting....the Hindutva already has laid down these "ground rules" against Hinduphobia however, they are mostly seen as the "fanatic element" by other Hindus and thus don't get much support.

I actually have much time for the Shiv Sena in Nepal, trying to defend their country from two sides - the Muslims from the West (Pakistan) and the Chinese from the East and against overwhelming odds and being terribly outnumbered, with Lord Shiva's help, they are winning.

"The Victory of Faith" by Narender Sehgal is an excellent book to read...I did so about a year ago:

https://www.amazon.in/VICTORY-FAITH-.../dp/B00I5TTRSE

The reason why it is that people can get away with criticising Hinduism and the Indian Gods is threefold..

Firstly, India is a democracy! In a democracy, freedom of speech is one of the core tenets and whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of public opinion.

Secondly, Hinduism is a very "Spiritual" religion and one of the core tenets of Spirituality goes something like this:

"If what I say or do offends thee, this says more about YOU than it does about ME...so you need to look within to find out why your ego is offended so much".

I am a Shaivite and not a Vaishnava (I have nothing against Lord Rama or the followers thereof) however, if somebody tore up a picture of Shiva or smashed an idol or a Lingam in my presence, I would just laugh at their presumptuous audacity to believe I would be offended by that...the pictures of Lord Rama being slapped by flip flops are just and only that...pictures! Visual repesentations! and if anything, it should teach Hindus not to get too attached to the external trappings or the materialistic element of their belief system...the Advaita Vedantins have it pretty much nailed...neti neti.

Of course I have been abused, derided etc for worshiping Lord Shiva as well, but the funny thing is that there is nothing you can say about Shiva that ISN'T true!..."oh, you worship a demon who hangs around in graveyards smearing the ashes of the dead on himself, who is worshipped by bhootas and vampires, who smokes chillum, who is the king of all rakshasas, who decapitated Lord Brahma and his own son..." and I am like "yeah....SO WHAT?"

You will usually find that everyone will leave the Aghori alone to do their own thing...most of them are digambara avadhoot (naked, insane sadhus), but do the anti-Hindu antagonists go after them? Oh no! because the Aghori will simply tell them to "F off" and then ignore them...but the Ram/Krishna bhakt will go "why you destroying my temple? How terrible... catastrophic! Something must be done! What an outrage..." Totally ignoring the fact that the ground rules already HAVE been laid out...in the Vedas! In the Upanishads! In the Agamas!..."Oh look, it is Ram destroying a statue of Ram whilst Ram as the media reports it to Ram who is now complaining to Ram via YouTube...sweet.

The third factor in regards to this is Kali Yuga...I am sure you have heard of it.

Hindus not enjoying their work??? were they ever SUPPOSED to? because if they ever do, it is certainly not Karma Yoga they are doing is it? because what is it that enjoys? With what desire are they performing their Dharma?

There is no absence of ground rules...what there is are many, many people who are totally unwilling to follow them because they believe they know better than Sage Vashista, Yajnavalkya, Tulsidas, Kapila Muni, Patanjali etc without ever having studied them....and thereby hangs the sad and sorry tale...they believe that such perennial, timeless wisdom is totally irrelevant in today's 'modern' society when we need it NOW more than we ever did, but there are way too many puffed-up egos at play to ever admit that.

I will probably have more to say later, but for now I must go and stop my stomach from grumbling...that is one thing which isn't ignored so easily. Lol

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 10-10-2019, 04:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
Namastey ! Well I think I do deserve to speak about all mankind as I know everything, God, soul, Nature, cosmos, human history, Europeans, Indians etc.

Don't you think the 'I know everything' smacks of arrogance, and actually ignorance for that matter!

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 14-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Don't you think the 'I know everything' smacks of arrogance, and actually ignorance for that matter!

In Bhagavad- Gita God Krishna has said " Now I shall declare it to you in full detail the knowledge and the science by knowing which there shall remain nothing further to be known " ( BG 7-2). So God has revealed All Knowledge and one has to simply read and understand.

I have explained in the title ' All the Knowledge in the Universe ' ISBN 9788190950299 a four volume set containing all knowledge. I am confident this title justifies my arrogance and reflects your ignorance.
Old 14-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
WHILE EUROPEANS have made great many inventions and discoveries, Hindus are conspicuous of not doing so. The reason is obvious they do not love their work.

Maybe it has more to do with Europe having been able to develop into a modern economy slowly, and gain scientific understanding and discovery bit by bit. Over time this can allow more opportunity for a larger group of people.

Quote:
For millions of years, Hindus were divided in four order based on their profession called as Varna Ashram. They were expected to play a fixed role. The Brahmins were expected to teach, Kchtriyas to fight, Vaishyas to trade, and Shudras to serve. The traditional work froze their mind and made them unfit for innovation. Those Hindus who had no aptitude for their prescribed profession were out casted. Generation after generation they did the repetitive work and lost interest in it.

For many centuries Europe also had a class of priests, soldiers and knights, traders, and servants. These sort of specializations are part of pre-industrial civilizations.

Quote:
Those Hindus who are unable to receive education and follow the traditional profession like tailoring, or carpentry they do so without love and interest and don't progress to become a Fashion Designer or Architect like Europeans.
That will all change if India transitions to a largely information and service-based economy.
You'll have your fashion designers, LOL. Wouldn't worry about that...
Old 15-10-2019, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
In Bhagavad- Gita God Krishna has said " Now I shall declare it to you in full detail the knowledge and the science by knowing which there shall remain nothing further to be known " ( BG 7-2). So God has revealed All Knowledge and one has to simply read and understand.

I have explained in the title ' All the Knowledge in the Universe ' ISBN 9788190950299 a four volume set containing all knowledge. I am confident this title justifies my arrogance and reflects your ignorance.
So, "justified arrogance" is a thing now, is it? Nice to know.

When Swetakhetu returned from an extended stay at the Gurukul, he was also full of "justified arrogance" knowing everything which can be known.

Swetakhetu became the "prodigal son", until his father, Uddalaka, asked the question "do you know that, which by any true understanding of it, nothing more ever needs to be known?" and of course, the young lad didn't have a clue what his father was talking about, so although he "knew everything" he obviously didn't know what his old man was muttering about...so what followed, became the Chhandogya Upanishad.

Another lad by the name of Nachiketas saw his father offering the worst of his bounty in the fire sacrifice...old, lame goats who no longer have any milk, old grain stored from last year...his father invited all these top notch dignitaries to watch the yagnya. The father, in his justified arrogance, was obviously enjoying what he was doing, even if it was not in accordance with Dharma.

When his son, Nachiketas pointed this out, his father told him to "go to hell" and so the boy said "as you wish" and jumped into the sacrificial fire and emolated himself in the name of "truth" to get an audience with Lord Yama and because Lord Yama kept Nachiketas waiting for three days, he granted the lad three boons.

The first was that the rules for the sacrificial yagnya become universally codified, the second was that his father be forgiven for his cheapskate ways and justified arrogance and the third was that Lord Yama teach about what happens to the soul after death and how to liberate the Soul from the endless cycle of birth and death...what followed became the Katha Upanishad.

The point I am trying to make? The "knowledge" that was imparted to Arjuna by Lord Krishna cannot be found in any book..not even in the WORDS of the Bhagavad Gita itself...not even in the whole of the Vedanta...in all the Shruti (without mentioning the Smriti) and not in the 24 volumes of the Encyclopedia Brittanica!

Lord Keshava showed Arjuna His Vishvaswaroopam...his Cosmic Form and only after that did Arjuna "know" without knowing... understood without understanding and realised that all the knowledge in the world was only a distraction that people get attached to...the acquisition of knowledge gets the ego all puffed up and distracts and detracts one from knowing the truth of the Universal Absolute..of Brahman.

In regards to that, why does it even MATTER to you if Hindus either do or do not enjoy their work? What difference does this make to you personally?

Namaste.
Old 15-10-2019, 04:31 AM
Master

Quote:

This knowledge is the knowledge of the Self , which has more to do with experiential understanding and not intellectual understanding.

It is not something to ' simply read and understand' but to read/listen(shravana), contemplate upon (manana) and most importantly apply in practice (nidhidhyasana) through karma yoga, raja yoga, jnana yoga, bhakti yoga.

Quote:

But Krishna has also stated thus...

Arrogance, pride, anger, conceit, harshness and ignorance-these qualities belong to those of demonic nature, O son of Prtha. ( Chapter 16 verse 4)

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 15-10-2019, 05:41 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The point I am trying to make? The "knowledge" that was imparted to Arjuna by Lord Krishna cannot be found in any book..not even in the WORDS of the Bhagavad Gita itself...not even in the whole of the Vedanta...in all the Shruti (without mentioning the Smriti) and not in the 24 volumes of the Encyclopedia Brittanica!

Lord Keshava showed Arjuna His Vishvaswaroopam...his Cosmic Form and only after that did Arjuna "know" without knowing... understood without understanding and realised that all the knowledge in the world was only a distraction that people get attached to...the acquisition of knowledge gets the ego all puffed up and distracts and detracts one from knowing the truth of the Universal Absolute..of Brahman.

In regards to that, why does it even MATTER to you if Hindus either do or do not enjoy their work? What difference does this make to you personally?

Namaste.

(Slow claps)

Shivani Devi is right yet again.

And on the last paragraph, this is what occurred to me too - why does OP even care, and is there anything else OPVerma wants to do other than attack or criticize religions?

Jl