Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 21-07-2023, 10:36 AM
Master

Santa Clause

Just taking up 2 posts by Maisy and Sky re Santa claus in General Beliefs.

Yep I know they were being funny but it just got me thinking of this so decided to see what other people felt about it.

Just wanted to say that I still remember the day when a kid told me that Santa Claus wasn’t real and I run all the way home and said to my mum “he’s lying isn’t he mum”, and she gave me one of “those looks” and said, “welllll” and then told me the truth.

I was absolutely gutted! I thought about myself standing on the window sill, every Christmas Eve deciding not to go to sleep so I could see him. Not to mention almost freezing to death but the determination kept me there. And only to find out it was

Yeah I know this all sounds a bit ridiculous but it honestly affected me for years and I was so upset that ide been lied to. (Maybe I was just a very sensitive kid)

Anyway, just wanted to say that I really don’t think this Santa Claus thing should be told to kids and wondered what other peoples version of this would be.

Hope I haven’t bored you lol

Last edited by Redchic12 : 21-07-2023 at 12:36 PM.
Old 21-07-2023, 12:27 PM
Guide

With me,it started around 5 when all my freinds at school talked about it and we all kinda figured it out.It felt like a real let down.
Old 21-07-2023, 02:58 PM
Oh, yeah, whatever age - being lied to is like a rug being pulled out from under you ....you 'thought ' this...only to find out,
''No, it's not true and you've been fooled, duped, played for a fool lied to''.

I dunno about this Santa Clause belief..it sure was fun ...for awhile!
But the detriment to the young psyche? Is it worth the play, the fun?
I don't think so.

And we won't get into the other lies told to kids that I personally think are real child abuse.
Let's skirt the issue and just say fear instilled into them by religions around the World!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-07-2023, 03:07 PM
What life lesson were we taught anyway with the Santa lie, or fantasy?

Does everyone know the Rockefeller story?
John D. wealthy American 1855...at 25 richest man...started with an Oil company.

He puts his son up on the fireplace mantle.
Stands in front of him and tells him to jump with his arms open.
John D. let him fall...didn't catch him.
Lesson: Trust no one.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-07-2023, 03:37 PM
Ascender
Maybe you've signed up the Santa clause in your Earth contract, it was written within the very small lines!!

Joking apart, I think it's good that it exists as such. Usually you have adults putting you on the right track, others (including my parents for me) played with it as much as they could, if I kept just a little hope they would tell everyone that I was a believer.

The santa story tests the kids as much as the parents.
Then you can question or distrust your parents for their behavior, and even more after learning and experimenting with the law of attraction.

And then also, they don't understand a few years later when they teach you how to play cards why you don't ask for the good ones. "But to whom?" ahah

So Santa and beliefs are about life to me: you can ask or believe but if you do, you may end up in some other world.
Old 21-07-2023, 03:59 PM
Master

Aww thanks guys for your feedback. So good to hear others feeling similar to me.

It’s so funny how sixty years ago this happened and I STILL can feel the impact from it. Really strange hey. Not that this has had any effect on my life but it’s just remembering the feeling.

It’s funny how things from way back can up later in life just out of the blue hey!

Omg Miss H that is just terrible what that man did to his son. I think the only thing that kid would get from that is DONT TRUST DAD! Idiot.
Old 21-07-2023, 04:04 PM
Master

Guillaume.

I don’t feel I distrusted my parents or blamed them cos I was only a little kid at the time I just remember it as an earth shattering moment which was really severe! A bit like someone telling you your best mate died.

I do have to laugh now tho.
Old 22-07-2023, 08:45 AM
Master

RED.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.... YOU CANT TAKE SANTA AWAY !!!!!
We have to keep the magic alive because we've got very little else that can create such happy treasured memories .
So what if the kids need a few years of therapy to get over the trauma ?????? It's worth it for the memories LOL.
My eldest , when I told him , as casual as you like went ""yeah mum, I've known for years, I only kept on presenting for you and dad ...!!! " Hahaha ..
But my second one did actually almost need therapy . There was no consoling him .. HOWEVER, he now has a 5 year old and a 1 year old and he , in turn , is experiencing the beauty of Christmas and Santa claus with his own children...
( But feel free to abolish bonfire night here in the UK !! That really IS outdated ! ..)
Old 23-07-2023, 03:18 AM
Master
I still believe in Santa Claus!

I can't wait to go see Santa Claus when he arrives again on an elephant. The children are so happy: who can not deny that?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜