Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 14-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Deactivated Account

I hear people saying my name before I sleep

Sometimes but not very often I will hear someone say my name
Like right before I fall asleep. I will be on the verge of falling asleep but not
completely. I've heard a few different voices over the years
One sounded like a guy with a deep voice, the other sounded like a girl
Except her voice was very high pitched.

Are these guides or just ghosts who have nothing better to do?
Old 14-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Master
Hi,

More often than not they are loved ones sending a kind thought your way. It can be hard to appreciate how many know and love us.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Master

It could be a myriad of sources calling your name. Someone from a different dimension, angels, guides, loved ones who are on the other side. I have heard many things from the other side over the years.

The funniest one was when I had just woken up in the morning and I tuned into a radio station on an astral plane. Every 5th word, I swear, was the word "money". How to make it, how to have more, how to spend it, how to love it, etc. I tuned into this broadcast for about 10 minutes or so.

Sometimes when our vibration is just right we can tune into different astral planes (there are a infinite number of them) each vibrating at it's own unique level. Be open to it. It can be a fun experience.
Old 14-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker1981
Sometimes but not very often I will hear someone say my name
Like right before I fall asleep. I will be on the verge of falling asleep but not
completely. I've heard a few different voices over the years
One sounded like a guy with a deep voice, the other sounded like a girl
Except her voice was very high pitched.
Are these guides or just ghosts who have nothing better to do?

Yes,I have this happened a great deal,I am most clairvoyant in my sleep or at the stage of going into sleep. I hear giggles and whispers. I had one female whisper "help" to me recently right before I drifted off to sleep. It so happened at that very moment my husband needed my help (something silly)and was trying very hard to contact me.

I believe they are our guides. That is the only thing I call out to are angels and guides I don't use any tools other than meditation and prayer to connect with them.In turn,this is the only way I can hear them,and it's very subtle too.
Old 15-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Deactivated Account

I hear things I can't explain either
Old 15-05-2014, 05:38 AM
Pathfinder
What a coincidence that I happened to come on right now and see this thread. Last night I thought I heard somebody say something, behind me to my left, and I turned and said, "huh" but nobody was there. My sister was sleeping across the room (I checked, she wasn't faking), my brother was downstairs. It was eerie.

Since we moved to our current apartment, I've heard things a number of things, including a faint scream/yelp (it was kinda in between the two), and my name a couple times - really faint. Once, after a fun night drinking, I was in bed trying to fall asleep and I started hearing a bunch of voices, and my name multiple times. It was coupled with sleep paralysis (not fun). I know that alcohol can induce auditory hallucinations, so, though creepy, I was able to explain it. None of the other times involved alcohol. I don't think it's Schizophrenia, I don't hear full sentences, instructions or voices telling me what to do, no paranoia, no lowered affect, disorganized speech, and it only happens in our apartment.

It's off putting and creepy, and I'll admit it scares me a bit, but I don't feel like I'm in danger. Let sleeping dogs lie I suppose.
Old 15-05-2014, 06:09 AM
Experiencer
Sometimes I hear someone speaking before my sleep too.
I've also heard a male deep voice that seems distant and constant, almost non stop and a female voice together sometimes, like she is trying to get his words and repeat them in a less faster and louder way. But they do not sound as some living being would.
In another occasions some words pop quite loud that even make me "jump" or open my eyes on bed. But when this happens it's just one single word. Two at the most. Once I heard a child's girly voice saying "Mom!", I got no idea what it could be 'cause I have no kids and don't plan to have any.
Another time, once again a girly kid voice saying a deceased actor's name. I googled him to check if there was anything relevant and in fact there was a new video with his dad showing his diary.
Once I was praying and I heard "Rita of Cascia". I knew it was a saint but I didn't bother much about it so when I went to visit my grandmother in the hospital there was an statue of a Saint there, we asked who it was and the employees said it was Rita of Cascia.

Still I wonder, if sometimes the voices in our heads can be only our thoughts and memories. Why would I think with a different voice anyway? To consider it memories is more plausible since we hear lots of voices everyday, people around, television, internet, whatever. But that doesn't explain the synchs.
Old 16-05-2014, 03:58 AM
RikPaul

Usually these a spirits chiming in when your starting to drift off to sleep, this happens often with deeply spiritual people, sometimes random sounds can be heard as well.
Old 16-05-2014, 04:55 AM
Guide
I have this happen a lot. Even when I wake up- or rather when I SHOULD be waking up but want to sleep.
It's helped me many times to be honest.

Actually just last night I heard someone say my name and call me sweet heart/honey. It was a woman's voice
which is weird for me usually its a man's voice. Usually I feel comfort from this.
Old 16-05-2014, 05:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
I have this happen a lot. Even when I wake up- or rather when I SHOULD be waking up but want to sleep.
It's helped me many times to be honest.

Same here. Very early yesterday morning, I was awakened by a woman's voice so loud, it left a ringing echo in my ears.
I immediately got out of bed,( although it took me a while to balance myself) knowing that this is a sign of preparation for the obstacles of the day... and she was right. A tough day it was.

This usually happens in the early morning hours, though before falling asleep, I hear a very loud buzzing sound, which also electrifies me to the core...(that's what it feels like)