Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Knower

Selling crystals online

Any recommendations from someone with relevant experience on how to get started on a small scale and what to look out for? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Sorry to see that no one's bothered to leave any comments at all pretaining to this.

For someone who's just starting out and wants to collect any stones or crystals, that depends on where you stand with stones and crystals to begin with.
Are you looking only for ones that are 'pretty'?
Are you on the hunt for stones and / or crystals that'll help you on your spiritual path?
Because the 'pretty ones' aren't always a good match for you and your personal energy, whereas an unexpectedly 'not-so-pretty' one can feel like an old lover and like it's a perfect, comfortable, warm and snuggly friend.

If you're simply wanting a random assortment of stones and crystals to start with, if you don't have access to any shops that sell stones or crystals, go with a *reputable* seller with feedback and reviews from real people. Someone who's been in the business for years. Bother to read some of the feedback, because, for me personally? When I'm buying from someone online, I check to see what other people's experiences with this seller has been, both good AND bad. Are the prices reasonable? What was the condition of the stone or crystal when it was received? What was the shipping time from seller to buyer?

For you just starting out, look for a 'lot' of stones and crystals. A mixture. Some in raw form, natural form, some tumbled, some carved. That way, in a very literal, physical, as well as spiritual energy way, you can get a feel for them. Find what ones feel 'right' for you. (Like with me, I adore howlite, am in love with the tiger eye family, and snowflake obsidian, despite being pretty, always gives me a very unpleasant "DO NOT TOUCH ME! DO NOT APPROACH!" feeling, so I leave them alone.)

If you have any more questions, please, feel free to ask.

Also, piece of advice, if you're not use to being able to sense the energy of a crystal, and can't visually tell apart crystal from glass, train yourself. Hold a piece of glass, then hold a piece of real crystal (clear quartz is normally the cheapest and easiest to buy in any form). The crystal is much heavier.
And don't underestimate how helpful it is to take the time to study the appearance of stones and crystals, even if it's just on google images or something. Get yourself familiar with what they look like. In raw form, in cut or natural form. That way, when someone is trying to sell off a fake, you'll be able to visually identify it and know that it's not for real.
Old 20-09-2016, 01:32 AM
Experiencer
Lightbulb

I was also thinking of setting up an online store. I would like to specialize in larger clusters and not small specimens. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a simple and low cost ecommerce platform. I don't need anything fancy as I am just starting out. Just something simple and secure.
I have looked at Wix and shopify but it seems like they would still own your website, it wouldn't really be mine, just something I rent from them. I would be afraid of establishing a good website and then something happening to the company and I would lose all my progress.
I just need something where I can create a site and process cards and shipping.
Old 20-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm worried if i order crystals online that i wont have a connection with them as if i would picking them out in store ?? anyone else!! does it matter tho !?!
Old 21-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Experiencer
For me, the crystals are like art from the Earth. I am not interested in the metaphysical properties of the stones, I simply love their physical beauty. I do find the properties of stones interesting, but has never been a deciding factor in me purchasing one. As far as I'm concerned, the crystal could be completely dead of spirit as long as it was beautiful and natural.
Old 23-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Seeker

The most important thing for me when buying (or selling) on-line is that what you see is what you get. This also overcomes the issue of connecting with them as you can see exactly what you will get, and I find that this is enough for me to know whether a crystal is right for me. Hope this makes sense!