Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 06-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Seeker

Purchasing gems at a wholesale cost

I want to open a gem shop online at go to craft fairs as well but I don't know where I to get gem's at a lower cost to make a living. I'm not trying to rip people off buying my gems and necklace wire wraps but eventually I want to have enough small businesses and income sources that I can quit my job and inspire many!
Old 07-10-2016, 03:06 AM
Master
My dad was a traveling rock & mineral wholesaler (no longer alive). You will need a wholesaler/distributor/retail license in order to get wholesale prices. When you find a distribution point ask them which one.

My dad got his stuff by going to the large gem and mineral shows (Tucson, Denver, etc). You get stuff a lot cheaper but have to transport it and make it presentable for sale.

If that is not practical then you need to find a wholesaler (who will transport it and make it presentable for sale). Most wholesalers cover large areas (several US states). My suggestion is to contact shops similar to what yours will be but not future direct competitors (to avoid conflict of interest) in nearby areas and ask for names.

A bit of unsolicited advice, think carefully about what your customers are really going to want. What looks really desirable to a person like yourself is not what generally sells well. Selling Crystals or Gemstones either on-line or at craft fairs is not and easy way to make money.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallrbaker
I want to open a gem shop online at go to craft fairs as well but I don't know where I to get gem's at a lower cost to make a living. I'm not trying to rip people off buying my gems and necklace wire wraps but eventually I want to have enough small businesses and income sources that I can quit my job and inspire many!

where are you located,if the Uk I might be able to suggest some places .