Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 27-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm a newbie with questions

Hey everyone! I'm new here but I'm familiar with a lot of topics in terms of spirituality. I've done a lot of reading and it seems that crystals pop up every now and then, so I decided to look into them and try them for myself. The mall near me has this native american store that sells all kinds of gems and crystals. I ended up leaving with a Clear Quartz crystal however I'm not sure if it's the real thing? Also, how do you cleanse Clear Quartz? I left it sitting in water overnight hoping that it would do the trick
Old 27-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Ascender
Hiya, I think you may have made crystal essence water- some people make elixirs and the water is supposed to take on some of the properties of the crystals (note- not all crystals can be mixed with water but Quartz is fine- you can charge water using indirect method with others, some are toxic so it's really important to know what your doing with water... anyway back to question!!!
Clear quartz is fine in water so some people will put it in running water or even hold under a tap, some people leave in the moonlight, some leave in rice over night and throw the rice... there are loads of ways- I use a singing bowl and cleanse with sound and then to charge and a bit of extra cleansing half hour in the sun (not all crystals good in sunlight but all mine have half hour) clear quartz is fine in the sun though so I would leave in sun a few hours to cleanse and charge.
I hope you enjoy your crystal journey :) don't be put off if you get nothing from yours though, we all react to different ones. Maybe find a shop you trust though.
Old 29-09-2016, 03:35 AM
Guide

My guess would be that there's an oversupply of Clear Quartz, so I doubt that anybody would fake something like that.

I use a lot of the cleansing methods mentioned in the prior post. I especially like the Sunlight idea for clear Quartz. I use rainwater rather than tapewater, but with other forms of Quartz (other than clear), they'll fade in Sunlight, and the color will fade in you leave them in water. When your not using them, place your crystals on cotton balls. That also helps to keep negative energy away.
Old 29-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Experiencer

there are many ways to cleanse crystals
smudging it passing it through smoke with incense or sage
i use singing bowls as well

holding it in your hand and visualizing light into it.
hold it under running water with clear intention.

quartz is good for grounding
Old 30-09-2016, 05:50 AM
Experiencer
Or Quartz-aid. Is that a thing ?

Would it be safe to drink I wonder ?
Old 30-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck

If it's just a Clear Quartz (SiO2), no inclusions, safer then drinking water from plastic bottles :)
But, really no need to do that. Even if it's cleansed, it should be washed as any other kitchen dishes - dishwasher liquid
Old 30-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_
Hey everyone! I'm new here but I'm familiar with a lot of topics in terms of spirituality. I've done a lot of reading and it seems that crystals pop up every now and then, so I decided to look into them and try them for myself. The mall near me has this native american store that sells all kinds of gems and crystals. I ended up leaving with a Clear Quartz crystal however I'm not sure if it's the real thing? Also, how do you cleanse Clear Quartz? I left it sitting in water overnight hoping that it would do the trick

There are many different kinds of crystal cleansing. Sitting it in water is fine, but the most important thing is intention.
Clear Quartz in stores is almost always natural. It could be found all over the world in really big quantities, so no real need to make fake one. It's the most common type of crystal on the Earth (the 2nd most common mineral in the world). But, it could be a fake one.
It's very easy to say if it's fake or not - it could be fake only if it's perfectly clear, like ordinary glass. Natural Clear Quartz always has some imperfections, even if it's polished. Double terminated, perfectly shaped with slightly smooth edges, or spheres are most suspicious.

Last edited by Errol : 30-09-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:06 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck

With the gem elixirs!! Haha I made some emerald elixir and a smoky quartz elixir one full moon...does that count? Was too scared to drink them lol but they were good for the plants!

Man alive, I'm getting antsy for some new crystals, wish we had a Native American store in our mall!