Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Master
Buy a Citrine

Hi there

I have lost my 2 Citrine crystals, one was a real yellow Citrine but small and the other was a heat treated Citrine.

I want to buy a Citrine for confidence and for low self esteem. I am looking to buy a Citrine but not sure which one to buy for those properties, anyone maybe know?

Looking on Ebay, any countries that sell the best Citrine and what countries should i look out for not to buy??

Thanks in advance
Old 22-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Experiencer
Most of the stuff coming from Brazil is heat treated Amythyst. In fact most of the stuff from the U.S is as well. You can tell because it has a real deep color yellow almost orange in certain cases, and it will have much colour saturation in areas that were overheated giving certain areas a darker colour than the rest.

Believe it or not China has some good examples of Citrine, and much natural citrine comes from there. Look for light natural uniform colour and usually looks a little different than amythest.

Here's one I just bought from China, a 26 LBS specimen

Old 22-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Guide
Gorgeous specimen!

I like heat-treated citrine for helping change self-esteem, it's a transformed beauty in and of itself so it's great at helping to elevate moods. Natural citrine helps create a constant happiness. I like both, natural for a consistent mood and heat-treated for a larger boost as needed!
Old 22-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Experiencer
I always thought there was some very beautiful heat treated specimens as well, and yes apparently they have good metaphysical properties of their own. I'm starting to get a large collection and it's all natural so I guess I am going to continue that trend, but there is certainly nothing wrong with heat treated specimens if you know that's what your getting.

I still can't get over the fact that this stuff comes from the earth. Art from the earth more or less. So I guess I try to embrace the natural beauty of crystals and have sort of made a deal with myself that I don't buy lab grown, dyed or treated crystal clusters, although years ago when I was first on ebay I bought a calcanthite crystal that is a spectacular blue and I don't regret buying it. I'm not 100 % sure it's lab grown. It was sold to me as a natural specimen, and it certainly looks natural, but since I have been buying crystals I have learned that natural calcanthite ( probably wrong spelling and I'm too lazy to bother ) is so rare that almost anything labelled natural probably isn't.
Old 22-09-2016, 10:11 PM
Guide
Yeah, as long as the crystal is labeled as such, I don't mind buying altered crystals because many of them still have amazing energy as well as the added beauty...depending on the energy of the person altering, of course ;)

Your labradorite pic reminds me of the ones that shouldn't be altered haha! So many have such a natural beauty that I would never touched lab-altered crystals...serpentine, labradorite, selenite, of course there's more, all so beautifully pure. Heat-treated amethyst are different yet beautiful, aura quartz, opalites, bismuth, great examples of how man can help enhance nature's art :)
Old 23-09-2016, 08:50 AM
Master
heat treated citrine is what offers the energies that are usually described to be citrine energies. The self-esteem thing, prosperity etc.

I have one natural citrine, a larger point, and it's really really light.
I always question whether the yellower specimens are natural, I don't trust the Chinese one bit either. There's more ways than one to imitate citrine, I believe dying or radiation is an option too.
I got one from China, beautiful piece cos it has a winged fairy in it, formed by rainbows (fractures). Similar colour to the piece shown in the picture above. But I still doubt it is actually natural citrine as it's such an odd yellow.
Old 23-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Experiencer
No matter which country you buy from you have to be careful. I have seen just as many scams from the U.S as I have China. The guy I bought the Citrine from in China is well known and has been around for years, and I do actually more or less trust him. He has let me know in the past which items are natural and which items are treated, although I usually can tell.
Old 23-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
No matter which country you buy from you have to be careful. I have seen just as many scams from the U.S as I have China. The guy I bought the Citrine from in China is well known and has been around for years, and I do actually more or less trust him. He has let me know in the past which items are natural and which items are treated, although I usually can tell.

Wow sounds great, Could i get his site's name if i may??

Just want to say your Citrine crystal is beautiful!!!
Old 23-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Master
Thanks for all your advice but still not sure which one to buy? Sounds like heat treated is the way to go or not??

Just looking to find a crystal to help me with those problems, hope it's beautiful too but if it's not i will treat it like that.
Old 23-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Guide
For what you're looking for, the self-esteem and confidence, I'd stick with heat-treated just because the orange is deeper and that seems to help the energies.

I've read a lot of fakes can come from anywhere there are large mines, such as down in Brazil and Argentina as well! Then, of course, even vendors can sell fakes if they don't know the product well enough. Stick with eBay, stay away from Amazon!! Just personal opinion there ;p