Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Master
Is marriage overrated ?

I'm beginning to think it is.

I've never been married but the thought of it, escapes me as to it's validity especially nowadays.

Everything has moved so fast, and the pressure on marriages especially with such economic turmoil all over the world, makes it a very daunting thing to keep afloat.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperiencingTheJourney
I'm beginning to think it is.

I've never been married but the thought of it, escapes me as to it's validity especially nowadays.

Everything has moved so fast, and the pressure on marriages especially with such economic turmoil all over the world, makes it a very daunting thing to keep afloat.

I wish I could say no.

It's a big question and all I an say is that stuff has changed.....

1) It's (apparently) ok now to have kids without being married.

2) The social climate out there is not good.....many just have the wrong attitude (IMO of course)

3) you only have to look at he 50% divorce rate to know your chances....

I'm a hopeless romantic but with stress issue/noise intolerance I'm stuffed anyway.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Deactivated Account

A human fabricated bond most likely with financial security for offspring in mind. Origin of the wedding band is the Egyptian slave ring. Personally I am not so sure two humans should be indentured to each other for a lifetime. Co-habituating couples seem most happy when there is no legal bondage contract.
One need not be religious to be Spiritual. A Wizard commands power to influence probabilities, stands between worlds with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens, is in tune with the Infinite, knows truth and is at peace with self and the Universe.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah
A human fabricated bond most likely with financial security for offspring in mind. Origin of the wedding band is the Egyptian slave ring. Personally I am not so sure two humans should be indentured to each other for a lifetime. Co-habituating couples seem most happy when there is no legal bondage contract.

Something of a generalisation.

Where kids are involved.....and they frequently are......some form of permanence is not ad idea ...... even in this day and age.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Master
With the right person, maybe set up so it lasts not forever but as long as it is suitable..... IDK I still love being married. I just think we get married way to early. Before most people even know themselves let alone each other.

If you find the right person I think it is quite beautiful, the issue is that the person who matches you at 20 will likely not be your match at 50.
Next life I will wait till at least 30 to consider any suitors permanently. 35 to commit. At least knowing yourself you can decide if 2 can grow together instead of apart. If you don't have yourself "found" first it's Russian roulette.

Also the stigma of divorce and not being prepared to be alone if it happens.... There should be no shame in admitting a relationship has run its course romantically and now needs to become "family" of another type so you can find someone more aligned to love you as a mate.

I also think you shouldn't have to cut the ex out of your life. Family is family especially the family you chose.

Of course maybe if we didn't rush into marriage so young we wouldn't ever need to divorce.

It is a beautiful set up just ensure you have found the right person.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Deactivated Account

I think people get married too young without understanding who they are is the greater issue. Is it overrated? Eh, depends where you are spiritually and if you value your beliefs. I genuinely see family structures that are functional, especially when their is children involved. I think it takes two very strong minded people to make a marriage work. Unfortunately, most people union in their twenties and in my non spiritual opinion,it's not a wise period. Your still coming of age and physiologically, your brain is still developing.

I think marriage and social economics tie in together significantly. I was reading that statistically, the number one friction/break in a marriage is finances ( infidelity second) and the more kids you have the higher the divorce rate. I agree, there is a lot of pressure in keeping up with the unrealistic culture/society ideals.
Because of our changing economy ( more women in the work force/over working the working class). I definitely think there is a shift in the traditional family model. Moms are't home cooking or spouses aren't spending more time with each other, so I feel marriages are subject to have a higher failure rate. Its just like the public education system, your trying to teach a 1950's model to a 2015 Global world. Id go more into this, but I am enjoying Christmas music at the moment
Old 05-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Master
Yes.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Old 05-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Nettles

Marriage is a 50 billion dollar a year industry. These days folks get married mainly for insurance purposes or due to unexpected children and while I understand people thinking that children are better off when parents stay together, exposing children to a bad relationship and teaching them that being miserable together is "normal" is not good. Kids are really resilient, or at least they used to be. As to having the two parent household, speaking from the perspective of an orphan I can tell you, just because there are two parents in the house doesn't mean it's good, there are many circumstances where kids are better off without what their parents provide. Kids don't need a mom and dad, they need positive male and female role models and those don't necessarily have to be their parents.

Personally, I'd rather eat a box of hair than get married, I have seen marriage ruin some of the most beautiful relationships.
Marriage isn't romantic, love's expression is (or can be) romantic. Marriage is a contract, nothing more, how people treat one another has little to do with said contract. If anything, having that contract in place often creates more problems than anything else.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Master
Maybe not over-rated, I still think it's best for children to have 2 parents. I'm glad I got that opportunity for sure! Mothers and fathers offer such different things and it's good to get both the yin and the yang so to speak.

However we live a lot longer than we used too. Just a 100 years ago in my country people didn't live much beyond 50. So to be married 30 years was to be married for life. Now days someone married in their 20's and married for life could be a 70 year marriage. Yikes!

That means for 70 years a couple has to grow and shift together or totally get entrenched in mind-numbing slow-motion growth/no growth. Growth meaning frequency change/ elevation consciousness.
There are those couples that seem to pull it off somehow. But over all couple don't seem to evolve or de-evolve at the same rate and fall out of frequency harmonization with each other and one or both become very miserable.

There's a big difference between going one's separate way in a living together situation vs a marriage situation. One reeks highly of social/cultural failure. There's still sigma around getting divorced. The other has the sigma from the beginning ie "living Together, shacking up", but no big social whammy when it ends (not including children in this)
Old 05-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Master
Eat a box of hair. hahahaha! That cracked me up. :-)

I think religion gave birth to the idea and/or law people had to get married.