Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 21-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Knower

Can 'no sexual attraction' be changed?

I was friends with a man I really liked, he said he enjoyed my company and appreciated that I had always been nice to him but I had to realise I wanted more. He said no as he didn't feel sexually attracted to me which I don't blame him as lack of attraction is nobody's fault
I think I know why. Because of my weight.
And I was also thinking maybe it was the spiritual kick on my backside I did need to start living a healthier life. I'm doing for myself mainly.
I am in no contact with him now, I might have a chance to bump into him though. My main question is -is there a chance that a man would change his mind if he sees my changes? I am just clinging on this slight hope as I have never met anyone I felt this strong connection.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 21-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Master
I believe that if at the end of your journey you become happy and at
peace with yourself then you will become complete .
Do it for yourself enjoy the journey and you will reward yourself in the process .

Peace and Love !!!
Old 21-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Well,there is a lot more to a relationship than sexual attraction. People are people,there is no satisfying another individual no matter how cute, skinny,large someone is.So make sure you commit to be fit for yourself. Getting healthy is a great thing,I wish you much success on it.

As far as your original question, 'no sexual attraction' be changed?I don't think it's a matter of changing,but personal preference. I am a small and petite woman and you'd be surprise of what barbaric ,tall and hairy of mess I have been attracted to,LOL. If two people really like each-other,there is a special chemistry that is formulated between them. It's not always about looks or mass..
Old 21-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Meditatorr

HI Crwydyn

I appreciate your post - about somebody who is happy with you but he is not "sexually attracted" by you. I know it by myself. I would like to share my life with somebody who I love and to be loved. But there are people who want something other. Maybe you could think what you want. Yes to the healthy style and bye bye to the man.
Old 21-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
Well,there is a lot more to a relationship than sexual attraction.

For most men, they will base their involvement with a woman on their sexual attractiveness to them. Even in friendship, how much you see them around will be based on how much potential they feel they will have to get in your pants.
Old 21-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Nada

Well. That guy was not for you if he does not find you attractive.
At least he is being very honest with you.
You will find other guys who will accept and will appreciate you.

Nonetheless,
Let's talk about your weight.
Some women want to be thin like a model and are addict to dieting.
And this is not health.

However, your weight should be in a healthy range. BMI range 18 to 25 is consider the normal healthy range. (Google BMI calculator)
But it also depends on your body composition as well.

As we get older, we need to maintain our muscle tone since muscle burns 50 times more calorie than fat. So, being muscular keeps our metabolism at high level.

Anyway, eating healthy and keeping your weight in the healthy range are important for YOU.
You need to do this for YOURSELF. Not for him or for any guy.
Old 21-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Ascender
He could be asexual.
Sex isn't everything you know. Just because someone isn't sexually attracted to you that doesn't mean they're not romantically attracted to you.
Old 21-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Knower

Thanks for the replies. I'm doing it for myself,this year is about changing everything for the better, but it would be still nice to know that he would change his opinion. I know how this sounds but it is quite hard to accept he is not right for me as he is the first guy I am really attracted to and everything he said was like I said it and I'm already in my thirties.
Old 21-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Nada

Crwydryn,
Big YES.
He may change his mind.
People grow up and based on the life/emotional/spiritual maturity, we change our preferences of everything, including sexual attraction.

So, again, YES. He can change.
Old 21-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Meditatorr

In in my forties without a partner, I know he could change his opinion. But I think you deserve somebody who will love you as you are and it means that it does not matter if you have a figure of Marilyn Monroe or Zombie or a body of his dream. I know it is hard to find it at the time, our culture is more about how it looks than how it is.