Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 30-12-2018, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Thanks.

There are 7 planes of existence/consciousness in a human being. I am not talking about the 7 sheaths here. Each of these planes is further divided into 7 sub-planes so the total is 7x7=49.

Let's say I want a Ph.D. on that subject, what resources do I refer to?

It was first mentioned in Vishnu Purana.

Anything you can tell me about that would be really helpful, especially about the 7th plane, I have only been able to understand a little bit till the 6th plane (which is known by different names such as Christ consciousness, samadhi, cosmic consciousness etc.)
There are only 5 sheaths...but what you are speaking about sounds more like the 7 chakras to me.
Old 31-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
There are only 5 sheaths...but what you are speaking about sounds more like the 7 chakras to me.
Oh ,yes ...there are only 5 sheaths .... I have dyslexia so at times I confuse one number with the other ...mostly 7 changes to 5, 2 and 8 interchange ... etc.
Old 31-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Oh ,yes ...there are only 5 sheaths .... I have dyslexia so at times I confuse one number with the other ...mostly 7 changes to 5, 2 and 8 interchange ... etc.

Different systems divide the sheaths (subtle bodies) and planes differently.

Regarding the sheaths, one system has five Koshas or subtle bodies:
  1. Physical body
  2. Energy body
  3. Mental body
  4. Wisdom body
  5. Bliss body

And other systems have seven bodies:
  1. Dense physical
  2. Etheric physical or the energy body
  3. Astral body or the emotional body
  4. Mental body
  5. Buddhic body or intuition
  6. Atmic body
  7. The Monad (or the true Being)

Regarding the seven planes, Theosophy/Alice Bailey gives these as (highest downwards):
  1. The Plane of Adi or the Divine
  2. The Monadic plane
  3. The Atmic plane
  4. The Buddhic plane
  5. The Mental plane
  6. The astral plane
  7. The physical plane (incorporating the dense physical and the etheric physical).

These seven planes are each divided into seven sub-planes, thus giving 49 sub-planes.

But these seven planes are also systemic planes within what is termed the Cosmic Physical. And beyond the Cosmic Physical is the Cosmic Astral, and beyond the Cosmic Astral is the Cosmic Mental, and so on.

Human evolution takes place within the seven planes of the Cosmic Physical. The evolution of higher Beings (such as the Being whose physical body is our Sun) occurs on the higher Cosmic planes.

All of which may seem quite complex, but once we grasp the principles there is great beauty in how the higher is reflected in the lower.

Peace.
Old 31-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Different systems divide the sheaths (subtle bodies) and planes differently.

Regarding the sheaths, one system has five Koshas or subtle bodies:
  1. Physical body
  2. Energy body
  3. Mental body
  4. Wisdom body
  5. Bliss body

And other systems have seven bodies:
  1. Dense physical
  2. Etheric physical or the energy body
  3. Astral body or the emotional body
  4. Mental body
  5. Buddhic body or intuition
  6. Atmic body
  7. The Monad (or the true Being)

Regarding the seven planes, Theosophy/Alice Bailey gives these as (highest downwards):
  1. The Plane of Adi or the Divine
  2. The Monadic plane
  3. The Atmic plane
  4. The Buddhic plane
  5. The Mental plane
  6. The astral plane
  7. The physical plane (incorporating the dense physical and the etheric physical).

These seven planes are each divided into seven sub-planes, thus giving 49 sub-planes.

But these seven planes are also systemic planes within what is termed the Cosmic Physical. And beyond the Cosmic Physical is the Cosmic Astral, and beyond the Cosmic Astral is the Cosmic Mental, and so on.

Human evolution takes place within the seven planes of the Cosmic Physical. The evolution of higher Beings (such as the Being whose physical body is our Sun) occurs on the higher Cosmic planes.

All of which may seem quite complex, but once we grasp the principles there is great beauty in how the higher is reflected in the lower.

Peace.

Thank you for your time. I learned something from it
Old 31-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Deactivated Account

I was talking about these planes, they are inherent in every human being.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/sro/sdr/sdr08.htm

The 5th and 6th planes are Soul consciousness/super consciousness and cosmic consciousness/supra consciousness respectively.

The 7th level is kept a "secret" from the gen. public. Even many important facts about the 5th and 6th level are kept "secret".
Old 31-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for your time.
He did a better job than I could ever do!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner than this, but I am allergic to this time of year and it takes me about a month to get over all the societal pressure, the "forced fun" and unrealistic expectations which exacerbate all of my mental health issues into oblivion, until I can't even talk or have any coherent thoughts, so I apologise.

Next year, I am going to stock up on food in November, and for the whole month of December until the end of the first week of January, I will be locking myself in my house because I just can't deal with it....It just totally overwhelms my Autism sensitivities WAY too much!
Old 31-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
He did a better job than I could ever do!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner than this, but I am allergic to this time of year and it takes me about a month to get over all the societal pressure, the "forced fun" and unrealistic expectations which exacerbate all of my mental health issues into oblivion, until I can't even talk or have any coherent thoughts, so I apologise.

Next year, I am going to stock up on food in November, and for the whole month of December until the end of the first week of January, I will be locking myself in my house because I just can't deal with it....It just totally overwhelms my Autism sensitivities WAY too much!

No worries at all!

As an introvert, I sometimes feel the same(overwhelming feeling), but I understand that the same thing is WAY more amplified for you because of Autism.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
No worries at all!

As an introvert, I sometimes feel the same(overwhelming feeling), but I understand that the same thing is WAY more amplified for you because of Autism.
I need to go away for a while... don't know for how long... something bad just happened...psychosis is starting up again... others can help you now...I am just way too ill to be helpful to you...Just got a huge shock and I can't cope anymore..I did all I could do for you and I am glad I had one person who I could call "friend"...One who could see me for who I truly am and not try to destroy me...but fighting for my life is just getting too damn difficult now, with Shiva taking everything away from me until I have nothing left BUT Him...I want my free will back and I will sell my soul to the highest bidder to get to do anything I WANT to do for a f***ing change!
Old 01-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I need to go away for a while... don't know for how long... something bad just happened...psychosis is starting up again... others can help you now...I am just way too ill to be helpful to you...Just got a huge shock and I can't cope anymore..I did all I could do for you and I am glad I had one person who I could call "friend"...One who could see me for who I truly am and not try to destroy me...but fighting for my life is just getting too damn difficult now, with Shiva taking everything away from me until I have nothing left BUT Him...I want my free will back and I will sell my soul to the highest bidder to get to do anything I WANT to do for a f***ing change!

No problem at all, I understand.I did read about your problem in the other thread and I did not respond immediately because I was/am thinking of a solution for it.

Sorry about your problem and please let me know if you need any help from me, anytime.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
No problem at all, I understand.I did read about your problem in the other thread and I did not respond immediately because I was/am thinking of a solution for it.

Sorry about your problem and please let me know if you need any help from me, anytime.
Thanks.

Can't even remember anything I once knew...All that esoteric knowledge...That experience GONE! My mind has been totally wiped.. it's an effort to just remember my own name..