Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-09-2014, 07:54 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsara4
Good point.

Personally, I don't forgive since forgiveness implies judgment. Who are we to judge? I SIMPLY LET GO.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

i actually agree with that. There is not really forgiveness for me either. I just dont want negative stuff basicly.
Old 18-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Master

I carry it around as long as I need to then I make the conscious decision directed to the person who has harmed me, to forgive them. For me, "letting it go" implies no direct (mental) contact with the person who has harmed me. And I do want to direct that energy towards them.
Old 18-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Hmm, not entirely sure where you're coming from, tbh. Personally, I think recognising yourself as formless spirit helps you to put things into perspective, whereas thinking of yourself as a short-lived, fragile organism makes you neurotic and constantly fearful for your survival.

Why can you not see yourself as both? I am both.

I am human, I have a body and feel its pain, I find life and living it interesting and enjoyable and I don't fear experiencing it. The act of surviving this life in the awareness that I am in a fragile, organic, body, enables me to experience courage, determination, love and many other emotions besides.

To not experience the emotion of humanity whilst being human, would be like visiting a new country and not partaking in it's culture.

I live as my formless spirit walking in this body, and I have had a very interesting life.
Old 18-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
Why can you not see yourself as both? I am both.

I am human, I have a body and feel its pain, I find life and living it interesting and enjoyable and I don't fear experiencing it. The act of surviving this life in the awareness that I am in a fragile, organic, body, enables me to experience courage, determination, love and many other emotions besides.

To not experience the emotion of humanity whilst being human, would be like visiting a new country and not partaking in it's culture.

I live as my formless spirit walking in this body, and I have had a very interesting life.
I don't see myself as being human, I see myself as spirit inhabiting a human body; when I die, I believe, I'll leave my body but I'll still be. I'm of the view that you're what is always, eternally present, and all forms (including my own) are transient - therefore, my true identity can't be a form of any description.

Which isn't to say that I neglect my body or mistreat it, because I still feel the effects that my life-style and eating habits have on it, and I'm sane (well, relatively speaking ), so I don't want to experience unneccessary pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
WHAT!!!!!!

You'll have to elaborate, what's causing the confusion?
Old 18-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Firefly5

I forgive everyone who hurt me even though they didn't apologize. It doesn't mean I forget. I learn my lessons, and get those people out of my life. Everyone gets what they give (karma), so they will have to learn their lessons anyway, but I don't want to spend any more my energy on them; and this way I get peace of mind.
Old 18-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Ivy

Quote:
I don't see myself as being human, I see myself as spirit inhabiting a human body; when I die, I believe, I'll leave my body but I'll still be. I'm of the view that you're what is always, eternally present, and all forms (including my own) are transient - therefore, my true identity can't be a form of any description.

Which isn't to say that I neglect my body or mistreat it, because I still feel the effects that my life-style and eating habits have on it, and I'm sane (well, relatively speaking ), so I don't want to experience unneccessary pain.

That's all intellectual speak though. I know i'm formless, so I just get on with the human experience without really giving 'what I am' or 'am not' too much thought. When we stop and speak about what 'I am' is, it just takes away from the original point that was made.
Old 18-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
That's all intellectual speak though. I know i'm formless, so I just get on with the human experience without really giving 'what I am' or 'am not' too much thought. When we stop and speak about what 'I am' is, it just takes away from the original point that was made.
Well, I agree that talk is cheap. But I do also think it's important to weed out any unconscious identifications one might have (with body, mind, material possessions, etc.), because those identifications cause suffering, and cause you to keep looking outwards and overlook the most obvious thing (no-thing).
Old 18-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Administrator
The easiest thing in the world to do is to Forgive the hardest is to Forget,

Namaste
Old 19-09-2014, 03:52 AM
Master

How can you ever forget?
Old 19-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Well, I agree that talk is cheap. But I do also think it's important to weed out any unconscious identifications one might have (with body, mind, material possessions, etc.), because those identifications cause suffering, and cause you to keep looking outwards and overlook the most obvious thing (no-thing).

It was the assumption that recognising we are human will cause suffering that you replied with in the first instance - do you see from the replies, that one can be in spirit and living a human life, quite humanly... without suffering the experience?