Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-03-2020, 08:36 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Yes, there is the human perspective, a shared reality if you will, just as within that there is the personal perspective, ones personal reality.

The universe, both external and internal, is a nearly infinite space. The universe loves variety - that's why there's so much of it.
Understood, but then why some people experience NDEs and some people don't experience anything during an NDE?
Old 31-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Master
You raise many great questions, freebird. I don't have an answer to you as to how spirituality makes sense or how a non-physical 'part' connects with the physical. We don't really have the means nor the language for it (yet). Despite having had mystical experiences myself I also don't know how it all works or joins together. However, this doesn't reduce the number of questions one will have concerning the matter, it only raises more. If I were to say this isn't the case IMO I'm just filling the gaps with cultural beliefs that are comforting, though not necessarily true. Needless to say, the journey doesn't end, questions don't disappear, even if people do believe in x or y. There's always something more.
Old 31-03-2020, 10:32 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Thank you for confirming this. I asked this because based on NDEs there are 2 category of people, one that experience something and one which does not experience anything. Such that made me wonder how would that be possible.
As I understand it the NDE experience is triggered by trauma, any kind of trauma where there is a perceived threat of the loss of Life. Being near death is about as traumatic as it gets. It's a survival mechanism and the experience or not is how a particular brain deals with the threat. I've had two where my consciousness was 'detached' from my body, if you suffered the same trauma perhaps you wouldn't experience anything - it's a simple response. If we were sitting watching a sunset our experiences would be very different, and there's nothing very sinister about that.

Quote:
Thank you. I asked this because I heard of various people pointing out that they had past lives in Atlantis but when asked where was Atlantis they could not answer.
Sometimes people remember a place but don't remember where it is geographically, maybe it's locked away in their subconscious but often the location just isn't important to them.

Quote:
"But if you were God, what would you get out of " Nothing.
I guess if God created the Universe he/she/it is not omnipotent and does not care.
Isn't God supposed to care?

Quote:
Exactly, in ancient times there were many interpretations of Gods based on unknown phenomena at that time.
Much of today's Spirituality is based on the God of Zoroaster/Zarathustra

Quote:
I just can't acknowledge the loss, you are right. I feel loss because I can't see and feel him around anymore, it just sucks. The house and specific places trigger memories and flashbacks that hurt.
You can't deal with what you don't acknowledge, and perhaps you simply can't or won't accept that he's gone. I'm going to be cruel to be kind here and maybe that will shake you up and make you think. The longer you indulge yourself the longer these feelings will last, because all that you're focussing on is the loss and feeling sorry for yourself. If you truly want to move on then you have to start making the effort. If not, all you'll be doing is moaning your loss.

Quote:
You are right, I should be pleased for him, but I am angry at him because he should visit from time to time to let me know that he is ok.
That's not going to happen, you said that yourself. You wouldn't recognise or believe it was a sign if one smacked you on the side of the head. Or you'd believe that it was just your wishful thinking. Don't be angry at him because he has the sense to understand that you wouldn't be 'listening' anyway.

Quote:
Right, I had dreams of other deceased friends that they were just coming through and smiling at me, but just that. This happened whilst I was in a more stressful period of my life.
They came and smiled to try and tell you that everything was OK. That in itself was a gift.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I was also told that some people will just take the advantage and profit from people's grief, or that they suffer from mental health problems. Claiming that if it can't be detected it wouldn't be there, thus reducing everything to the meaty brain.
Don't go down this road because all you're doing now is indulging yourself. A 'real' medium will give you what's known as proof of survival, that means they will tell you something only your friend will know. That way you'll be in no doubt that it's genuine.

Quote:
Thank you, I did this while thinking of him. Myself I felt better, but I couldn't see him, it hurts.
If you're clairvoyant you'll see him, if not then you won't. I doubt you're in a suitable state of mind to see him anyway, personally I think that will make it worse.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Does forgetting about past lives has to do with the veil of forgetting?
That's as good a way to put it as any so yes, it is about forgetting. Sometimes not remembering has a purpose, it just depends on the individual.

Quote:
Thank you for the advice.
Thank you for everything!
You're very welcome

Find a way to move on with your Life, you won't be doing him an injustice you'll be honouring him.