Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Master
Well, it's good that one professes God, but in your post you disregard the Old Testament prophecies running throughout the ages of the writings.

As I stated, and you probably will until His prophesied return, or, until you go to Him.

But, there is particular self interest and reason for doubting the sincerity of the Nicean council members, and St. Paul's writngs, both.
Isn't there.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker

Very few people, Christan or otherwise, opposed slavery in the USA not so long (historically) ago.

Paul did not condone slavery he simply obeyed the existing laws concerning it.

Indeed not. The issue of slavery and its continuation was instrumental in leading to the American Civil War.

Not so, Paul undeniably condoned slavery (or was made to condone - blurred lines over authorship of the Pauline Epistles)

'Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teachings will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian there is no excuse for being disrespectful....Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.'

'Slaves obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear...'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous
As I stated, and you probably will until His prophesied return, or, until you go to Him.

Yes, I probably will.
Old 18-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
I believe that God is love, and that if we live through love we are doing what He wishes.
Beliefs and rituals are not important to me. Love of God, of my fellow man and of all of God's creatures are all that matters.

You understand...

Praise to you.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 19-11-2013, 04:35 AM
Mary Baker

Question about Jesus

Concerning Paul not opposing slavery; neither did Christ. Neither did most Americans in the time of my grandfather. Neither does anyone who employs illegal aliens today. Slavery, over 2000 years after Paul, still flourishes world wide as an illegal business as well as technically in the little noted prevalence of wage slaves (I was one for over twenty years) in which many workers work for a bare minimum wage and some, especially on farms work for much less by working unreported hours every day.

Slavery, in Paul’s time was a legal economic fact of life. As accepted as outsourcing manufacturing to countries which pay workers less than enough for basic needs today.

Paul’s heart concerning slavery shows in his letter to a fellow Christian (Philemon) whose slave (Onesimus) had run away and was staying with Paul. By law Onesimus had stolen legal property from Philemon. (His self) by running away. He was legally liable for theft and possibly liable for a death sentence.

Paul wrote a letter by his own hand and sent it to Phioemon by Onesimus appealing to one fellow Christian on behalf of another: He wrote, in part:

Philemon 1:10-18
The Voice (VOICE)
10 I make this request on behalf of my child, Onesimus, whom I brought to faith during my time in prison. 11 Before, he was useless to you; but now he is useful to both you and me. 12 Listen, I am sending my heart back to you as I send him to stand before you, although truly 13 I wished to keep him at my side to take your place as my helper while I am bound for the good news. 14 But I didn’t want to make this decision without asking for your permission. This way, any goodwill on your part wouldn’t be seen as forced, but as your true and free desire.
15 Maybe this is the reason why he was supposed to be away from you for this time: so that now you will have him back forever— 16 no longer as a slave, but as more than a slave—as a dear brother. Yes, he is dear to me, but I suspect he will come to mean even more to you, both in the flesh as a servant and in the Lord as a brother.
17 So if you look upon me as your partner in this mission, then I ask you to open your heart to him as you would welcome me. 18 And if he has wronged you or owes you anything, charge it to me.
Footnotes:
Onesimus-Literally, useful one

Needless to say, if slavery had been abolished in the slave based Roman empire it would have meant economic chaos. The degree of freedom available today came from changes within human hearts, as , according to Jesus’ commandment, some love others as they love themselves.
Old 19-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Slavery, in Paul’s time was a legal economic fact of life. As accepted as outsourcing manufacturing to countries which pay workers less than enough for basic needs today.
And, as people with morals condemn low wages today, one would expect Paul to have condemned slavery then.

Jesus did not condone slavery. All references he made to it are in parables. These are not to be taken literally.
Old 19-11-2013, 02:59 PM
StaroftheSea

All of Jesus' Holy Appointed including Saint Paul are termed from Our Lady Mary Mother of God as "My Son's Holy Appointed' "Please listen follow and support all of my Son Jesus' Holy Appointed as He has chosen every one of them"

Medjugorje - Our Lady Mary Mother of God's Holy Website.

Love and kindest wishes
Old 19-11-2013, 03:05 PM
StaroftheSea

Further, Our Lady Mary asks and has asked for a 30 year period for continual prayers for all of Jesus Holy Appointed for His Love, Wisdom Strength and Commitment to flow through each and every one of them; in which I do weekly...had we all prayed for each of our Church Leaders (His Holy Appointed) and *the universal Church as Jesus terms these; many of the Priests and Leaders would have been a great deal more pure and clean of Souls and Hearts you see. They are all human and as such tempted by satan.

Without Christian continual prayers for Jesus Holy Appointed; satan wreaked havoc and continues to wreak havoc throughout Gods world today IF we do not pray opening up our Hearts to Him in unity regularly.

Every Blessing Gift and the good things that occur in our lives are directly from God.

Literally not figuratively,

Love and kindest wishes
Old 20-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Mary Baker

Perhaps being careful to not buy anything created by slave labor (or the equivalent through outsourcing) if done by all who claim to be against slavery ,might have some effect toward ending today's widespread (effective) slavery. Putting our money where our mouth is.

Paul was merely obeying the existing laws as did Jesus and all law abiding believers did then and do now.

Paul also promised to pay any debts Onesimus had incurred through his illegal act of running away from his owner.

Will we pay a little more for shoes made in the USA rather than reward slave labor policies of outsourcers?

I believe Paul outlined the moral code by which he lived in 1 Corinthians 13.

Paul's admonitions toward Christian slaves in the culture of his time is equivalent to admonitions to good service by (free?) Christian workers of our culture.
Old 20-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Will we pay a little more for shoes made in the USA rather than reward slave labor policies of outsourcers?.
If we care then we will. I always try to buy British goods.
But that is the very nature of capitalism: the poor work to make the rich richer. Capitalism is the modern form of slavery and I condemn it.
It all comes down to what you think is more important: money, or people's welfare. Personally, money is way down my list of priorities.