Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Experiencer

sleepless and christianity.

I got a prayer book yesterday and prayed like never before. That night I went to bed and had the worst night ever. Was I being told to not pray? I thought the bible said that prayerlessness is sin?
Old 15-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Animus27

Maybe it's psychological?

If you find it difficult to pray, don't jump into a rigorous set of long prayers. Pray one longer, or even just 2 or 3 shorter ones. Take your time, and add more when you feel like you should. Consistency helps, in my experience.
Old 16-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Master
The other week I prayed to Christ and surrendered to Him, and then that night I had a terrible nightmare which woke me up. Couldn't really understand why either.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 16-08-2013, 01:37 PM
StaroftheSea

Fear comes through satan not God (ever) therefore any negative dreams or feelings or fear is darkness not Light; ie not of God's Love and Light.

Since praying three years ago I do not have nightmares or dreams ever remembered or recalled. In fact most of my daughters nightmares that she had up until praying have over the past couple of years ceased. Gone. Same thing. Co-incidence? Not from my experience through praying.

Praying is not for every one, many are happy to converse with God and are in Communion with God if they set time aside for Him. For me, I chose prayer and then I receive God's Love and Wisdom and Guidance. The happiest times in my life (almost 50yrs now) have been when praying and opening up my Heart to Jesus/God and in which every one of my prayers answered for not only myself, family, extended family, Holy Souls in Purgatory and World Peace, but for many other causes in which people have asked.

It was my wish to share the joy with others here that I have experienced, particularly over the past three years, for those who wish to give it a go! If its not a person's cup of tea; I respect that; they have no hope of knowing what they are missing out on now while living and later for our Souls (as a result of praying daily ie setting time aside to pray).

It is not my problem and it does not matter; I have shared as other SF members share with their experiences wanting to assist others.

If one cannot 'feel' through prayer what Jesus has endured in His Life 'deeply', how is Jesus/God able to flow His Divine Love, Mercy, Wisdom and Guidance through to His Children?

Common sense for starters. If Jesus is standing and waiting for our Souls to communicate and our Hearts are not opening greatly to Him 'feeling' what Jesus endured in His Life, even for one moment, how is a Soul/person able to receive Jesus' Love, Wisdom and Guidance greatly, if at all?

Communication works both ways.

People question why they cannot feel and communicate (feeling, hearing, seeing) Jesus/God in their Lives constantly.

The steps in which I 'feel', 'hear' and 'see' Jesus, through Our Lady Mary are during and after I have cracked open my Heart (the barrier around my Heart) focussing on Jesus' Passion when He died for all of us, then thinking of how Jesus must have felt at that time and back to all the times when all of the scoffers and disbelievers deeply hurt Him.

When this happens during the course of my Holy Rosaries (in the most beautiful quiet places I choose); Jesus/God comes through in the most beautiful ways and of course through Our Lady Mary. Everything I have received from Him has occurred. Every thing. We all have our relationships with God; this has been mine for a few years; praise and thanks be to You Jesus and Our Lady Mary Mother of Jesus for opening up my Heart through The Holy Rosaries.

The reason I mention The Holy Rosary!

For what would it gain me to take time out of my life to promote The Holy Rosary to people?
Old 16-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Experiencer

You say prayer is not for everyone but doesn't the Bible say being prayerless is a sin? Or is that just for certain people?
Old 20-08-2013, 01:25 PM
spiritualgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
You say prayer is not for everyone but doesn't the Bible say being prayerless is a sin? Or is that just for certain people?

I'm not aware of anywhere in the Bible where it says that not praying is a sin. However, the Bible does tell us that we should pray. I believe that it has more to do with us spending time with God and having a relationship with him than with fulfilling a to-do list. When we love someone, we want to spend time with that person. The same thing applies to God. Prayer is a way for us to spend time with him. It is very personal, so don't feel like you have to measure up to someone else's standard for prayer. It also takes time to learn just as it takes time in a new relationship to get to know that person. Be patient and just keep trying. It might be helpful to read what Jesus taught about prayer in Matthew 6:5-13. I hope this helps!
Old 20-08-2013, 01:30 PM
StaroftheSea

Sleepless and Christianity

Most beautifully explained Spiritual Girl!
Old 20-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
I got a prayer book yesterday and prayed like never before. That night I went to bed and had the worst night ever. Was I being told to not pray? I thought the bible said that prayerlessness is sin?

"Praying", again.

This seems to be a regular theme, at least for Candy. Curious as to why.

Scripture talks about, Praying, "without ceasing, speaking to yourselves in Psalms, Hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."

If one thinks they are going to maintain a relationship with the Spirit by their own efforts, such as praying enough, that is borne of Ego. Ego is of the carnal.

God initiated our reloationship, through Christ, and the Spirit, and it will be He who maintains it, according to His good will.

Honza:
Quote:
"The other week I prayed to Christ and surrendered to Him, and then that night I had a terrible nightmare which woke me up. Couldn't really understand why either."

This world, and this carnal and material aspect is at odds with God, and the timeless eternal Spirit. That's just the way it is...
Jesus made contrast also between Heaven, and the, "World".

Who is called, "the god of this world", also? Often, when we take steps toward God, we will be challenged by the carnal, and by the spirit of this construct, and world. That's just the way it is. Consider these...
www.persecution.com

www.persecution.org

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-08-2013, 07:46 AM
goldie08

Mind be still and know that I AM (of) God

Quote:
------------

To pray from a book is a mental endeavour. If you truly loved another person you wouldn't buy a book and read it to them, would you? No, it's not necessary.

You have only to "enter the temple not made with hands" and speak from your heart to the Beloved Father. Be quiet, and listen within for an inspired response.

--------
Old 23-08-2013, 12:33 AM
good day

t fill your mind with
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie08
------------

To pray from a book is a mental endeavour. If you truly loved another person you wouldn't buy a book and read it to them, would you? No, it's not necessary.

You have only to "enter the temple not made with hands" and speak from your heart to the Beloved Father. Be quiet, and listen within for an inspired response.

--------

Beautiful Goldie08 You got it. Most who pray, pray with their mouths, not their soul. God said "be still and know, not fill the mind with verse and chapter.
God already knows our needs

.Louise