Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 17-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Guide

Snow Patrol/cup/basement

I dreamt I was walking along a street with Gary Lightbody, singer of the band Snow Patrol (I haven’t heard them for years- what the heck?) and it was dark with streetlamp lighting and drizzly rain. The mood was good then we needed to climb down some great big black boxes, the kind that musicians store their equipment in on tour as it was like the entrance to his basement flat and his mum was at the bottom wanting to come up. I climbed down next to her and walked her to the middle of the room while she told me she was cold. I was rubbing both her arms trying to get her warm while chatting. I recall she was wearing glasses and then I was lay on a bed on my side watching Gary decorating with his mum pottering about. There was a large gold/bronze teacup on the bed with what looked like old black tea in and I moved it and put it on the floor so it wouldn’t spill. The carpet was thick and I had to be careful to balance it so it wouldn’t tip over. I carried on watching Gary and said with amusement, ‘you really like it here don’t you’ thinking that he’d made a really good job and that he could live anywhere he wanted yet he chose to live in this basement. I saw two brand new fancy heaters that hadn’t been connected yet and a beautiful white fireplace that also wasn’t yet connected to be used. By the bay window area (as though it wasn’t a basement) was a beautiful seating area he’d made like a window seat area. The whole decor was white and grey and it looked beautiful. Then I was in a room with the bed lying face down pretending to be asleep. An old friend from years ago who I struggle to think of as a friend when I think back to what she was like came in and I slid half off the bed still pretending to be asleep and the gold/bronze coloured cup that I’d put on the floor earlier in the other room was on the carpet next to my leg as I slid off. I was careful not to knock it over. Then she was lay in the middle of the bed and I was stood next to it. I flounced down on to it lying with my body on my left side facing away from her and ended up bouncing half over her and she complained. I said ‘sorry, I didn’t realise you were so close to this side’

I was then sat on the side of the bed and she was at the door, I shouted ‘I’ll just pay your tax then’ really sarcastically and she said, ‘do you want me to give you the money for it’ and I shouted back ‘yes of course I want you to’ I was quite angry.

I know basements represent the subconscious but it was somebody else's basement?
Old 17-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Guide

I forgot, there were two dogs in the dream too, in the basement with Gary's mum. I made a fuss of saying hello to them after comforting his mum about being cold and later in the dream when I was lying on the bed watching Gary decorating, the two dogs were opposite the bed in another part of the room and I said, 'didn't there used to be 3'

I'm sure at that point they were lay down in a dog crate and were looking at me looking at them from the bed
Old 18-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
I love their song Run. I could tell you a story about how it impacted my life but I digress

Yes, I agree that basements represent the subconscious. Since it was someone else's this may suggest that they are aspects of yourself you are not familiar with that you want to see. Your equipment (skills and talents) are packed away and you'd like to understand why. It is my belief that the vast majority of the time, the people in our dreams represent aspects of our personality. The aspect of you that gives birth to new goals and dreams needs to be warmed up probably because you are in a state of fierce self protection (Gary means spear carrier) of your light body (self/soul).

In general you are hiding out and have done a pretty good job making the best of it but you are not out free living life to the fullest. This may be partly because there is some belief we must behave in a proper way (teacup) and not let out old negative emotions spill out (black tea). You have developed a heavily protected foundation that doesn't support emotional balance well. (Carpet that is too soft). Emotions are meant to be expressed or they can build up and explode out on us. You appear to have created a situation where you are stuck with some old resentments (made your bed and are now laying in it) because you did a really good job of not spilling that anger and resentment at your old friend out. The resentment of feeling like you owe or have to pay other people's taxes.

Taxes symbolize the price we pay for the things we want in life. This suggests there may be a tendency for you to take responsibility for other people's problems. This is done from a place of love but if we take responsibility for others they never learn for themselves. As well resentments can happen when we feel we have joined someone in their upset only to find they don't want our help or advice. Or they seem to offload their upset on us leaving us holding the bag of negative emotions while they run off free and happy. I suspect you are highly empathic picking up other people's energy and mood and are unable to process it in a healthy way. This has created some resentment in you that you also don't know how to express and release because you may have been taught that it isn't proper to express your anger.

Anger is a healthy emotion. All emotions are. Anger is really just a sign a boundary has been crossed. The trick is learning how to express our anger in a healthy way that fosters resolution over conflict. So maybe do some research on conflict resolution and see if you can find some good tips on how to communicate your anger. One thing I learned is to phase things in terms of how they have affected me as opposed to throwing blame at the other for making me feel bad. When we accuse others they will naturally want to defend themselves. This puts us in an us vs them scenario where there are winners and losers. What will really bring resolution is mutual respect for both positions. It isn't about assigning blame or responsibility but about reaching a common understanding. That won't happen if we are both in a defensive posture.

So I'd say the main things to address are learning healthy empathy. Empathy is a very handy skill if we can maintain separation from other people's energy. It's helpful to be able to walk into a room or the presence of someone and know what mood they are in. The trick is to know this is not our energy and we need not take it on as our own. Ultimately if we try to see ourselves as a guide as opposed to the healer we will actually be able to help others heal themselves. In the minimum our lives won't be adversely impacted. It really is a matter of the analogy of give a man a fish or teach them to fish. If we give them the fish they will stay dependent but if we teach them they can feed themselves for life. Whether or not they fish successfully is their responsibility but even if they aren't expert at it off the bat they will eventually be great. As empaths and light workers we plant seeds. We may never see those plants mature but that doesn't mean our efforts weren't worthwhile.

Then the other would be to address your relationship with anger. What were you taught growing up? Was anger not proper behavior? If we don't express it that doesn't mean it goes away. It lingers in our subconscious as resentment. It sounds like you may have some lingering resentment in regards to that past relationship you may want to explore but it sounds like you are really getting to the bottom of things. You will sort it out and get out into the world again.
Old 19-08-2018, 12:59 AM
Guide

I know where you're coming from Michelle11, Snow Patrol got me through a tough time. My song was 'chocolate' lol

I appreciate you taking the time to interpret this dream there was a lot in it. Such a lot of resonance with what you've said. It's a funny thing I've used conflict resolution in one of my jobs, not that it always worked but most of the time it would. I seem to give good advice to others and have good strategies to help if I can but I've never applied them to myself.

I've soaked up other peoples energy like a sponge for years and didn't have a clue so couldn't protect myself in a healthy way. There's been an awful lot of resentment absolutely. I've been doing the mindfulness technique which I really like, I try to keep that going daily and use it in the meditation too. I recognise when I'm angry and ask myself whats making me angry, sometimes nothing seems apparent but I acknowledge that the angers there rather than fighting it or as I once would, just fly off the handle. I asked this morning during meditation about the pain in my arm and the root of where its coming but all I got was 2 words..... 'Santa's World'

I'm familiar with Santa being an anagram of Satan and I'm familiar with this plane being described as Satan's World by many. I don't believe in 'Satan' as such I believe in dark and light and both are necessary to experience contrast.

I'm unsure what those two words are trying to tell me in regards to the pain in my arm and just why those particular words. I'm not seeing it!
Old 19-08-2018, 02:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
I asked this morning during meditation about the pain in my arm and the root of where its coming but all I got was 2 words..... 'Santa's World'

I'm familiar with Santa being an anagram of Satan and I'm familiar with this plane being described as Satan's World by many. I don't believe in 'Satan' as such I believe in dark and light and both are necessary to experience contrast.

I'm unsure what those two words are trying to tell me in regards to the pain in my arm and just why those particular words. I'm not seeing it!

maybe it is as simple as the idea that santa gives presents... so santa's world might be a place where a lot of presents are being given (as opposed to what?????). Maybe it comes back to what you said before, you feel you are giving too much to others?
Old 19-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
I sometimes think the advice we give to others is partly meant for ourselves. We may gravitate towards others with similar issues as us as a means to help each other sort things out. I know I'm good with the logic but not always so good with putting it into practice

I would actually agree more with Fallingleaves that this issue is centered in the world of giving where you are the only one giving and not receiving. Santa gives out gifts but doesn't really get anything in return. Well maybe a little milk and cookies but not much. But if you feel strongly that it is related to Satan then explore the concept of Satan. Explore the idea of good and evil of duality and see where it takes you.
Old 19-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
maybe it is as simple as the idea that santa gives presents... so santa's world might be a place where a lot of presents are being given (as opposed to what?????). Maybe it comes back to what you said before, you feel you are giving too much to others?

I should stop giving too much and balance this out

Quote:
I sometimes think the advice we give to others is partly meant for ourselves. We may gravitate towards others with similar issues as us as a means to help each other sort things out. I know I'm good with the logic but not always so good with putting it into practice

I would actually agree more with Fallingleaves that this issue is centered in the world of giving where you are the only one giving and not receiving. Santa gives out gifts but doesn't really get anything in return. Well maybe a little milk and cookies but not much. But if you feel strongly that it is related to Satan then explore the concept of Satan. Explore the idea of good and evil of duality and see where it takes you.

I don't feel its related to Satan as such as I couldn't see what that was telling me, its what sprang to mind as I heard the words. This is how I make things too complicated for myself when they needn't be.

There's an old habit of nurturing a negative outlook so I'm not disappointed if what I get dealt is ****** and then anything good is a bonus. This is one of the major points from my upbringing I've been working really hard on, its very unhealthy. It made me rebel constantly within and sometimes outside especially since I was taught to be seen and not heard. I learned it from my mum who has a very negative outlook to the point I can only stand being with her for so long before I have to end the visit. She's not had an easy life and I can see why she's like she is. I've tried to help her look at things in more positive ways and its exhausting. I don't blame her but since I started changing and becoming aware, I could no longer stay in that circle of never ending doom and gloom. What's hard is that I was her light in that doom and gloom and I never realised.

I'm getting better at seeing things from a positive state more naturally and instinctively but sometimes I revert back to that learned negative state.

Thank you Fallingleaves and Michelle11