Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 16-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Members of Face Book group went up by more than 1000 since yesterday. Dodo makes it go up, not down.
Also, I bet at least half of those 1000 members are aware of the cult mentality and are curious, I guess
Old 16-11-2023, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lioness~
Who is dodo?
I meant doco (documentary)I joined the TF Universe Facebook group just to do a bit of stalking. Lots of people saw the doco and went to check it out. The admins are saying nothing is wrong, the doco is out of context, and they're trying to get people to free courses and consultations etc.

I'll stick around and spy for a while, and we'll see if the group grows or gets smaller once this drama blows over.

Be sensible, now.
Old 16-11-2023, 07:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
I have been told that I can get out of mine by seeing a clinical hypnotist
Who told you this?
Old 18-11-2023, 02:09 PM
Ascender

I have been watching. It's shocking what they did to these people that followed them and supported them.

I remember back in the day, people on this forum that used to talk about some of the concepts pushed by J and S. They must have been fans of them.
I remember watching some of their videos early on when I got into the tf stuff but they didn't sit right with me. Now I see why. That's a mistake I made, was trusting that anyone talking about spirituality or tfs was good. Now it's becoming clear how many of these people were con artists just trying to get rich off of vulnerable people.

A lot of these people featured on the doc seem to be very weak minded to me and easily manipulated. I feel the most for the young girl that was pushed into an abusive relationship. She was probably naive because of her age and trusted it because her sister, whom she trusted and loved, got her in. Such a shame as they were told that Schizoaffective d/o can be healed. Not true at all, it's one of those mental health disorders that if you have, you are always going to have. It can be managed with REAL treatment, but not healed. So I felt bad for her, but some of the other adults that were older, I am shocked how easily manipulated they were.
And it's infuriating that these cult leaders are still making money. I would also add, that nobody is that group was qualified to give mental health advice. It was interesting how the one lady talked about "the mirroring exercise" and said many cults use this. Not everyone and everything is a mirror to you. Sometimes people or situations just suck and that's it.

I love what the one sister said at the end, something to the effect of "unconditional love just is, and you don't have to work at it. You don't have to 'do the work'". So true!
Old 19-11-2023, 12:07 AM
Master
Just seen the trailer - this is where the forum's censorship of strong language does frustrate me a tad, because that dude right there seems like a complete runt.

And he thinks he's Jesus, God help us...
Old 19-11-2023, 01:32 AM
Master
Facebook group increased again by maybe 1500 members. Now at 48.7K members.
Old 19-11-2023, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Just seen the trailer - this is where the forum's censorship of strong language does frustrate me a tad, because that dude right there seems like a complete runt.

And he thinks he's Jesus, God help us...

Oh yes I forgot about his mention that he was Jesus. I found the more he saw he could suck people in, the more those wildly claimed ideas of his, such as the one you mention, were flung around in his grandiose behaviour.
Old 19-11-2023, 01:56 AM
Master
The noise about the documentary is died down now on the TFU Face Book Group.

The tactic they seem to be using now is the 'top contributers' have posted little biographies about how they healed their lives and found their 'one' through the 'mirror exercise' and TFU coaching etc, and they give credit to Jeff and Shalia.

This is the coordinated counter-narrative in response to the Netflix doc.

The doco has already blown over, the counter narrative is done, and they've reasserted themselves. Now it's back to business as usual to capitalise on the extra exposure they got from the Netflix doc.

In a week or two the doc will be forgotten and it'll be like nothing even happened.
Old 19-11-2023, 06:29 AM
Master

The mirror excercise - or "everyone is a mirror" to self l, can so often be used as a massive gaslight. It is used in so many different circles - new aged and otherwise.

Sometimes people are crossing boundaries plain and simple.
Old 19-11-2023, 10:54 AM
Master
TFU is a gaslight that burns high hopes with false promises.

Just scrolling the Face Book group, the leaders, Jeff and Shaleia, have apparently changed their names (again), but it seems like no one knows what their new names are yet.

One 'Top Contributor' asked, "What are their names now"? To which another replied, "Good question". Huh, other people are also asking about their new names. I'm intrigued.

Another 'top contributor' has posted one of those biography posts... so that's still a thing.