Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Knower

Thanks to some of you for helping me to understand this issue better.

God still will never love us though even if you do have a personal relationship with it. That's just my opinion though.

I don't think we came up with the idea of god so that we don't have to take responsibility but I can understand the sentiment.

God is all around us. If you look at everything in the world it's obvious(at least to me)that something put it all there including us.

For me the problem comes when people(both religious and spiritual alike)try to attach human qualities to god and saying god loves us or is loving would be an example of that.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:50 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
I've felt feelings like this, but I don't link it to emotion or love. So it seems that how these things are interpreted or perceived is largely individual.
Meadows...my post that you quoted weren't feelings - they were direct experiences. I gave these examples as evidence of divine caring since Mystik claims there is no caring. I didn't try and interpret them - the communication was clear and didn't need to be worked out.

You say you have felt feelings like this - related to these kind of experiences? It's not clear from this post of yours. Were you saved from death by some external force intervening and felt the presence of a benevolent being too?

It seems to suit your perception that you don't acknowledge the way I have experienced this since, from your past post, you reveal that you disbelieve divine feelings of love.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Guide

To clarify my own perspective, the love I personally speak of is not a concept of consciousness, but the natural state of creation in expression, as what is beyond the experience of separation of the mind consciousness systems that we perceive ourselves to be. When there is no experience of separation from source, oneness and wholeness is all there is, as the sweetness of life in an ever fluid pulsating expression of joy and well-being, as experienced from the perspective of us as beings, as extentions of source.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:16 AM
amy green

fire (post above) - beautifully expressed!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Billi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
OK, maybe there's more than one issue and this one isn't even that big of a deal.

Here it is. All or most of the spiritual places, including churches, that I have gone to that are considered spiritual all seem to have this very "lovey dovey" vibe going on and all seem to have the opinion that God is love and it's all about love and love is the power of the universe etc. Now there is nothing wrong with love and in fact I think love is a good thing. However, love is a human emotion. More importantly it is an emotion. The universe has nothing to do with emotions and if there is a god he/she or it doesn't love us because it would be neutral. It doesn't care. It's powerful and it gives us our power but it doesn't "love" us. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here and of course that's just my opinion. People can interpret the power of god as love but even that to me is a bit silly. All we have to do is look at all the bad things going on the world to know that love has nothing to do with it. Things happen. If god makes those things happen then obviously god doesn't love us. God is neutral. We need to find our own personal connection to god. Let's leave love out of it and save it for our personal relationships with other humans.

Ok, I'm ready for the "you are going about this(or thinking about this) the wrong way comments.

Love is the only English word I know to describe the feeling I have experienced when connected to the universe. Really connected. And even then, it's far from adequate. It's like pure happiness, all warm and fuzzy and full of positive, completely content and satisfied and euphoric all at the same time. You'll know it when you feel it, and you'll know why we call it love.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Gracey

Quote:
OK, maybe there's more than one issue and this one isn't even that big of a deal.

Here it is. All or most of the spiritual places, including churches, that I have gone to that are considered spiritual all seem to have this very "lovey dovey" vibe going on and all seem to have the opinion that God is love and it's all about love and love is the power of the universe etc. Now there is nothing wrong with love and in fact I think love is a good thing. However, love is a human emotion. More importantly it is an emotion. The universe has nothing to do with emotions and if there is a god he/she or it doesn't love us because it would be neutral. It doesn't care. It's powerful and it gives us our power but it doesn't "love" us. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here and of course that's just my opinion. People can interpret the power of god as love but even that to me is a bit silly. All we have to do is look at all the bad things going on the world to know that love has nothing to do with it. Things happen. If god makes those things happen then obviously god doesn't love us. God is neutral. We need to find our own personal connection to god. Let's leave love out of it and save it for our personal relationships with other humans.

Ok, I'm ready for the "you are going about this(or thinking about this) the wrong way comments.

feelings are a result of chemical reactions in our brains. creation and destruction in the universe is neutral. i do believe in a creator, but i could not truthfully describe the creator to anyone, i could only give my experiences and perceptions of the creator.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green

You say you have felt feelings like this - related to these kind of experiences? It's not clear from this post of yours. Were you saved from death by some external force intervening and felt the presence of a benevolent being too?

Yes Amy, life has been tough sometimes and I have had these experiences. But I struggle with love, so I don't interpret them as being loved.

My point was, that though the experience may be alike, there is no need to believe that those not calling it the same names are not experiencing the same experiences - they're just interpreting it according to their own psychology and language make up.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
feelings are a result of chemical reactions in our brains. creation and destruction in the universe is neutral. i do believe in a creator, but i could not truthfully describe the creator to anyone, i could only give my experiences and perceptions of the creator.

I think Gracey has explained it better than I did.

Hope this makes more sense Amy
Old 11-06-2013, 07:37 AM
deepsea

Quote:

I'm whole heartedly with you there....
To allow children to die without compassion is not love to me.

Deepsea
Old 11-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
People can interpret the power of god as love but even that to me is a bit silly. All we have to do is look at all the bad things going on the world to know that love has nothing to do with it.

Hi Mystik .

What love do you know of or have you realized in order to make such an evaluation ..

x daz x