Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Knower

How can I meditate to get rid of fear?

How can I bring about my fears through meditation to overcome them? Any specific type of meditation? Something I could find on youtube would be great. THANKS.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 28-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostchild88
How can I bring about my fears through meditation to overcome them? Any specific type of meditation? Something I could find on youtube would be great. THANKS.

I practice meditation as a spiritual path, but I experience many benefits as a consequence. At the heart of meditation is you being. All that is experienced passes by while you remain present. There are hundreds of clips on u-tube, see them as you please. I have a personal favorite I want to share with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ1-Nj3vcXY
Old 28-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Deactivated Account
What works for me is making friends with it. I think its a natural occurrence for many as the chakas open. For me it helps me surrender when i feel it. If i let go to it passes and then im more open flowing more energy. The energies mix and settle down. Resulting in more bliss. I see fear as a blessing but i dont mean to say i like it. I just like that it will pass and then resulting in more overall peace and happiness afterwards.

But thats just me and im weird
Old 28-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Knower

Gem, thank you. Ill try that meditation tonight.. and runner, I have a hard time surrendering to any type of emotion. So yeah, I think I have to work with that chakra.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 01-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
What works for me is making friends with it. I think its a natural occurrence for many as the chakas open. For me it helps me surrender when i feel it. If i let go to it passes and then im more open flowing more energy. The energies mix and settle down. Resulting in more bliss. I see fear as a blessing but i dont mean to say i like it. I just like that it will pass and then resulting in more overall peace and happiness afterwards.

But thats just me and im weird

So you're saying that once you experience it, you let it continue and pass you, and afterwards, you feel even more peaceful and relaxed? Kind of like a nasty storm that passes, but ends in sunshine...

that's really something I haven't gave too much thought, but I feel like I have experienced the same thing. I wasn't sure because I felt like i needed more validation. But if you're experiencing the same thing, then there must be truth to this.

Lostchild,

maybe you should practice this as well and see if it works for you too...
Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostchild88
Gem, thank you. Ill try that meditation tonight.. and runner, I have a hard time surrendering to any type of emotion. So yeah, I think I have to work with that chakra.

I know what you mean. When an emotion is too strong, it can absorb you. It's hard to be conscience and aware when you're so involved with an emotion that feels very real. Sometimes I have a hard time with this....

But recently, I've learned to become more aware of all negative emotions and treat them with apathy. It hasn't been very long since I've been practicing this, but I'm already feeling a difference. I think this just takes practice. The more you practice, the better results you will see. I feel pretty good after letting go of an emotion that doesn't serve my purpose at all. After I let go, I can feel blissful... to the point that it feels better than any drug that I've used.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender88
So you're saying that once you experience it, you let it continue and pass you, and afterwards, you feel even more peaceful and relaxed? Kind of like a nasty storm that passes, but ends in sunshine...

that's really something I haven't gave too much thought, but I feel like I have experienced the same thing. I wasn't sure because I felt like i needed more validation. But if you're experiencing the same thing, then there must be truth to this.

Lostchild,

maybe you should practice this as well and see if it works for you too...

Exactly! And tons of people do it. The most spiritualy developed people i have me love it when people unravel there blocks. East and west from what i have seen
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 AM
thoughtlesstuesdays

Without reading the responses this is what I would answer to original post. How can I bring about fears. When we meditate we have not the ability to bring about anything. If meditation is the watching of our thoughts then we do not bring about the thoughts we simply watch them. So if your meditation is centered on willing thoughts into being instead of just watching them I would try the latter.

Then I would say that you should look to what fear is. Fear comes into being when we have thoughts (relating to what the fear is) and we dont realize they are thoughts. Then the content of the thought (that i am scared of...um...not being successful) becomes a reality, the fear becomes an actuality. So this is how fear comes into being.

Seeing this how can we prevent fears? Simple, we recognize the thought is a thought and when we do this the thought loses its power and the fear never becomes a reality.

So I would say while you are meditating and a fear thought happens to arise, as opposed to you forcing it to arise, if you notice it is just a thought this will make it go away, and never become an actual fear.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Experiencer

Meditate west, by doing that you are meditating on the "self" aspect of yourself. West represents Mother Earth and she represents the "self" in nature. You will find some nightmares, but mother is there for healing. The "Hag" is also there trying to trick you in doing bad things, in your dreams.

This what usually happens, when you meditate toward the west you are bringing up dark energies, that will play out in your dream. Not all dark energies are bad, as you can also find hidden treasures in the dark. Your power animal may also reveal itself to you, or you may find out info from your past lives. So much can be learned about yourself by meditating west ward.

The nightmares are blessings in disguise, and usually they are the aspects of yourself.

Have fun in the magical realms of the dark.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Mayflow

As far as I can see, fears are mostly subconsciously motivated. Meditation and looking into dreams and learning from them may be helpful. I think it important for the conscious and subconscious mind of the individual to become in love with one another. Then there becomes internal unity. As a meditation, I will offer this.

Think of someone you love in a way that you wish the very best for them regardless of other personal desires. Then when in that feeling, extend that feeling to yourself. Now, you have created a great ideal. Then, extend the same feelings to people who you have only know in passing. On the level of Spirit, this will vastly deepen your relationship and internal love.

What we focus on, we become. Focus on love and this is your inheritance, focus on fear, and it is a fear inheritance.

If you one day to take this further, extend these beautiful love feelings to even people who you do not or have not liked and loved in the past, then extend these feeling to all present, past and future beings.