Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Pathfinder

Hi d00d and thanx for the post. I find that when I’m feeling excruciating anger toward someone, I get great satisfaction out of picturing them being smashed head on by an 18 wheeler or a train. This provides temporary satisfaction to my inflamed feelings and I was told by a therapist that this type of visualization is fine to do.

But of course this has nothing to do with any actual confrontation with the other person, which I avoid because I havent learned to contain my feelings and perform a confrontation in a healthy way.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Master
I tried several times to destroy some people by cursing them but it didn't worked.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
"Do not judge lest you be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." ~ Matthew 7:1-2
I don't buy this as absolute any longer either. And I'm sure it wasn't meant to stop there.

If a person changed I'm sure God would forgive and the person not be judged by the past. In 70 years a person can change and what was once so important no longer is. Every person will have this experience. How can a person be judged for what is not known and not experienced, how fruitless that would be. People become enlightened and change. This is a situation based on emotion and feeling and everyone does it. Don't waste time in such thing as negativity, remember, we create our own reality. I was thinking, it is strange to think, negativity feels good, it's almost a contradiction of what happiness is.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I don't buy this any longer either. And I'm sure if it wasn't meant to stop there.

The OP framed it in the language of God and sin...

"Do not judge lest you be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." ~ Matthew 7:1-2

It is said during an NDE if one has a life review they experience their life and all the interactions are experienced from the point of view of the person they're interacting with. If it's negative they experience the emotional pain and suffering they inflicted upon another, if positive they experience the joy and happiness. Sounds kind of similar, doesn't it?

Quote:
If a person changed I'm sure God would forgive and the person not be judged by the past.

And if that person is run over by a bus today before having a chance to see the errors of their ways, what then?

Quote:
How can a person be judged for what is not known and not experienced, how fruitless that would be. People become enlightened and change.

Let's just say the OP firmly believes he has the ability to curse someone to the point where they loose their job and livelihood and at the same time having a sense of God and sin. I don't think that falls into the category of not known.

I find his original post and follow-ups supremely ironic being they're posted in a Spiritual Development forum. It's more like Spiritual De-evolution or if it is Development it's not on the path of Light but one of Dark.

I'm not trying to be overly harsh but just pointing out what should be blatantly obvious, and not for my own sake or to toot my own horn, but for his. Views and comments were solicited and my assessment of the path he's on compelled me to put in my two cents. It reminds me of my earlier years and far too uncomfortably.

Perhaps in the end he'll have his moment of clarity and confront the real demon - the one within? In the meantime it can't hurt to nudge him in that direction.

“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. ... And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained." ~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Old 07-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Seeker

I've been learning from Matt Kahn that blessing with the polar opposite is how better is created, for yourself as well as that which you are blessing.

He teaches this much better than I can state it, so I invite you to check out his YouTube videos and his books.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:25 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Since you don't see a difference, just remember to include yourself as someone who failed you; curse yourself and feel good about it.

~ J

I am already reaping what I have sown, I don't need the bull**** of others, now do I?

My imaginations have gone from them simply losing their jobs to them getting into horrible accidents. I figured that will suit them better. Maybe they should've thought for a while before messing with the wrong person?

Quote:
You assume much.

That's your perspective. Perhaps they have the same exact perspective about you. Besides, no one owes you anything. That's your expectation and it's not only unreasonable but selfish.

By judging the sins of yourself and others and meeting out 'justice' you're intruding on a domain exclusively reserved to God.

EDIT: For the record I'm speaking from my own personal experience. Back in the day I had an evil temper and visited my 'just' revenge on more than one occasion. It wasn't until I had my moment of clarity, standing on the proverbial precipice staring into the abyss and frantically searching where to place blame that I only saw one face staring back at me, and it was my own. It took 49 years to arrive at that place.

I'm not blaming them for anything other than having caused me some inconvenience. So I'ma just cause it back. I think that's fair.

Quote:
I think when we use the language of sin and punishment for sin meeted out by our own hand because surely God would understand it's drastically different than a normal tit-for-tat situation. You take something from me and my ego demands I take something back. Not because you sinned and God will understand but because you dissed my ego and it demands its pound of flesh.

This is the thing. I have no problem being judged by the same standards that I judge others. This verse requires a more humble attitude by those who commit bigger sins, which is entirely understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid
Hi d00d and thanx for the post. I find that when I’m feeling excruciating anger toward someone, I get great satisfaction out of picturing them being smashed head on by an 18 wheeler or a train. This provides temporary satisfaction to my inflamed feelings and I was told by a therapist that this type of visualization is fine to do.

But of course this has nothing to do with any actual confrontation with the other person, which I avoid because I havent learned to contain my feelings and perform a confrontation in a healthy way.

One could liken it to a bodily reaction against an infection. It produces a fewer to kill the infection. Likewise the person who is mistreated gets mad, and the madness drives him to manifest an unfortunate event for his oppressors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I tried several times to destroy some people by cursing them but it didn't worked.

Manifestation, as I have learned, requires persistence and emotion. Perhaps your curses simply weren't motivated enough.
Old 16-11-2019, 08:30 PM
Pathfinder
"what goes round, comes round" Really, who told you guys that?