Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 02-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Experiencer

Samhain Visit From A Goddess ?

On Halloween night, an extraordinarily beautiful young girl came to my door. She was tall, blonde, and appeared to be about 14. She was alone - not traveling in the "trick-or-treat" pack that young teens usually do. She was wearing a hooded cloak, and carrying a bow and arrows in a quiver. I asked, "Are you Catnis, from The Hunger Games? She said, "I am the Greek Goddess of the Hunt." I asked, "Not Diana, but Artemis"? She replied, "Artemis. I prefer the older name." I dropped sweets into her hand, and said, "Bless me, Goddess!" At first, I was bemused, thinking I had been paid a visit by an unusually beautiful and intelligent child. I feel very attached to all deities associated with the moon. So, I started to wonder, "Was she human, or a figure from myth, stepped out of a dream, and onto my porch?" I'm still not sure, girl, or goddess? In any event, it was an "enchanted" encounter.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
talking crow

Lovely experience! Thank you for sharing. Girl, goddess, both? Either say, really lovely and special. Blessed Samhain.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Experiencer
Greek Gods and Goddesses used to visit our world in a form of a human,it was common in ancient Greek legends.So,why not.Like Talking Crow said-it was really a special and blessed visit,especially since you're attached to Moon Deities.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Master
I no longer think of deities but more Spirits of Nature. Samhain has long been associated with Ancestral and Nature Spirits being available for guidance to those who know the way to the Spirit Realm. Perhaps this is the answer, Rosie.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Experiencer

Thank you all for the responses. It was a beautiful experience, and I wanted to share with my Pagan friends. I did some research, and "Artemis" is a name more ancient than the Greeks, possibly Persian in origin. That ties in with your thought, Norseman, about the possibility that my visitor was a truly ancient Spirit of Nature. Girl, or Goddess, she was lovely, so I will treasure the experience.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Experiencer
Very neat!!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Knower
Sounds like a beautiful experience! i'd feel honoured to have such an encounter! Be her girl, goddess or spirit!
Old 14-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Knower
Cat Just incredible

Just incredible . From the experiences I have had lately. I would take it to an indicator of something, frequency maybe. A sign from the spirits or Goddesses in general or one in specific letting you know they are near(er).

At the very least it is a show of kin and wonder. Be very happy , as I am sure you were.

Sorry to get all girly, girl with the emoticons, but this is such a wonderful little story it makes me feel just great.